Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arcane House Bundle

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I so love the concept and the idea behind the bundle. But the ONLY, and I mean the ONLY, compliant is.. Why are you guys forcing us to buy the bundle three times just to get to the final and my opinion most beautiful landscape, the Night Garden? This house is actually what I want the most. We do not have enough houses with the night landscape.

Paying $120 for 3 Bundles is just silly. Please let us have a OPTION on which house we want to redeem than forcing us to pay $120 if we want the Night Garden. I also do not want to be forced to incur extra mounts, gears, and of course pets which I will not use. It's such a waste.

Not only that, I'm an adult and if I had a teenager child who wanted the Night Garden, I would say "no way jose" to shelling out $120. Just remember, a lot of children in this country do have allowance limits or their parents have monetary limits. It's too much to ask your Wizard101 customers to pay this much for slight changes in looks.

Please fix this. A lot of people are quite upset about this. Thank you.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Very well said and I couldn't agree with you more.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I hate the idea of having to buy 3 cards for the Night Garden. I mean, I only need one mount. One pet. I could go without the gear completely... But I mainly want the house. If we had the option on which house we could get I'd be so much more happier...

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Remember this bundle is coming out June 2nd (though I'm not sure how people still got it). That means they are still working out the bugs. Thought I do agree we should be able to choose what type of house we want.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Agree 110%. It could be done similar to the way you choose your bundle gear's level.

Defender
May 11, 2012
I am sad. I really wanted a big castle with a nighttime landscape ( a lot of people have been hoping for this), but I will not buy THREE bundles just to get it. This bundle had so much potential. It would have been so much better to sell the bundle and give people the choice of what background they wanted. Even though I am not interested in building my own house, I know there are those that will love this concept, and I know that some pretty incredible creations would have come out of this, IF people buy the bundles, but, from all the complaints I have been reading in the forums on other sites, I don't think many people will be buying these bundles as they are set up now. Plus there is the fact that if you do buy all three bundles, you end up getting the exact same pet three times, the exact same mount three times, and the same set of robes three times. What's the point of that? Everybody has there own tastes, and, for myself personally, I don't like the pet or the mount that comes with these bundles, so why would I want three of them? Plus, to get all three bundles, the price would come to $120, and for all that you would get only 15,000 crowns. If I buy crowns during the crown sales (which I usually do), I could get 120,000 crowns for that price. This is just my own personal opinion, and I don't expect anybody to agree with me, but it seems that KI has really gotten away from what they were originally. I miss the game and company that they once were. Oh well, all good things must come to an end, but I had hoped for better.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Excellent points. Yeah, they should incorporate an option, since this adversely affects customers a tighter budget.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Is this the Midday Estate I went to? The Arcane house bundle? Sounds awesome. Why does the bundle cost 120? or are you saying it takes that much money to get a all the houses for the house choice?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Remember this bundle is coming out June 2nd (though I'm not sure how people still got it). That means they are still working out the bugs. Thought I do agree we should be able to choose what type of house we want.
They were available at Gamestop <certain locations> for sale on May 25. They actually had them in stock before that,but couldn't ring them up till then due to it being a promo item. As for the opinions......I am in agreement with them. This was a complete failure on KI's part.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I totally agree. $120 is outrageous for a bundle. Simply put, if it stays the way you say it is here, it is highly unlikely I would ever buy it, or allow my children to do so.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
It's hard to believe that one house in the game costs more than one full year of membership.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Adept

Administrator
We’ve been listening to your feedback on the Arcane Builder’s Bundle and felt it might be time to clarify. First, thank you for your feedback. We do listen and want you to know that your thoughts and opinions are valuable to us. We don’t make decisions lightly or without considering our players.

There is a surprise feature to the Arcane Builder’s Bundle that we ourselves leaked a bit early in anxious anticipation, and it appears this new feature has caught a few of our players off guard. Upon first redemption of the “Build-a-Castle Plot,” all players will receive a Midday Estate to begin their castle building. The second and third redemption of an Arcane Builder’s Bundle reveals a greater surprise, which are castle plots at different times of day with an even larger number of blocks.

The intent was simply that after buying one Arcane Builder’s Bundle and creating the “perfect castle” out of the blocks and pieces provided, our players would want to keep their new house they've constructed and possibly build another. As a result, we thought receiving the same Midday Estate another time just wouldn't do for our players, so we put in special technology to award you with an entirely new looking Meadows at Dusk or Night Garden Estate if you decided to make multiple purchases of this bundle. Then as a special bonus, we also decided to include even more building blocks with those additional bundle purchases!

With all that said, many of our players would rather have their choice of time of day with the estate that comes with the Arcane Builder’s Bundle. Unfortunately we can’t currently offer this choice with the Arcane Builder’s Bundle due to the amount of bonus blocks included with the subsequent houses, but that doesn't mean that we’re limiting ourselves to that functionality in the future. Here’s another secret we've been holding close . . . in the future, we have plans to expand this Castle Building feature even more with some specialty plots of land and Castle Block “Booster Packs” so you can grow your castles and lands to new heights and numbers -- we’ll be adding recipes for crafting pieces too!

Guaranteed, we’ll continue taking your feedback every step of the way. We truly hope you enjoy this new way of building your own player housing, and this new feature will only get better and better with time. We’re sorry if there was any confusion around this new feature, and hope you understand our intentions with offering new estates with subsequent purchases of the Arcane Builder’s Bundle.

Enjoy your new castles! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Professor Greyrose on May 28, 2014 wrote:
We’ve been listening to your feedback on the Arcane Builder’s Bundle and felt it might be time to clarify. First, thank you for your feedback. We do listen and want you to know that your thoughts and opinions are valuable to us. We don’t make decisions lightly or without considering our players.

There is a surprise feature to the Arcane Builder’s Bundle that we ourselves leaked a bit early in anxious anticipation, and it appears this new feature has caught a few of our players off guard. Upon first redemption of the “Build-a-Castle Plot,” all players will receive a Midday Estate to begin their castle building. The second and third redemption of an Arcane Builder’s Bundle reveals a greater surprise, which are castle plots at different times of day with an even larger number of blocks.

The intent was simply that after buying one Arcane Builder’s Bundle and creating the “perfect castle” out of the blocks and pieces provided, our players would want to keep their new house they've constructed and possibly build another. As a result, we thought receiving the same Midday Estate another time just wouldn't do for our players, so we put in special technology to award you with an entirely new looking Meadows at Dusk or Night Garden Estate if you decided to make multiple purchases of this bundle. Then as a special bonus, we also decided to include even more building blocks with those additional bundle purchases!

With all that said, many of our players would rather have their choice of time of day with the estate that comes with the Arcane Builder’s Bundle. Unfortunately we can’t currently offer this choice with the Arcane Builder’s Bundle due to the amount of bonus blocks included with the subsequent houses, but that doesn't mean that we’re limiting ourselves to that functionality in the future. Here’s another secret we've been holding close . . . in the future, we have plans to expand this Castle Building feature even more with some specialty plots of land and Castle Block “Booster Packs” so you can grow your castles and lands to new heights and numbers -- we’ll be adding recipes for crafting pieces too!

Guaranteed, we’ll continue taking your feedback every step of the way. We truly hope you enjoy this new way of building your own player housing, and this new feature will only get better and better with time. We’re sorry if there was any confusion around this new feature, and hope you understand our intentions with offering new estates with subsequent purchases of the Arcane Builder’s Bundle.

Thank you Professor!
I will only be getting one bundle, but I am glad you are listening!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013

So allow the players to redeem any plot they want, and trigger the bonus blocks by the number of redemptions rather than the castle. Clearly you already have code that does this.
Is your "special technology" a vacuum to suck our pocketses dry if we want a castle at night?
P.S. Refusing to let us choose our castle is not a feature, it's a blatant attempt at money-grubbing.

Defender
May 11, 2012
Thank you Professor for the reply, but after reading it, I realize I understood the intentions of the bundle correctly.

What I don't understand is, if, you wanted to change up the bundle for each one bought so that people didn't end up just buying the same bundle again in order to build a new house, then why did you leave the pet, mount, and gear exactly the same? That makes no sense. This is just my opinion, but I think it would have made more sense to come out with one bundle with the ability to choose one of three backgrounds, one of three pets, one of three mounts, and a choice of robes and then just do expansion packs. That way, if people wanted to buy the bundle again to make a new house, they wouldn't be stuck with everything the same except for the background. They could choose the combo that works best for them for their next handmade house. And I know that each time you buy the pack, the amount of indoor/outdoor items you are allowed to have gets larger for that pack, but that ability could have been given in the expansion packs along with more blocks.

You have come out with MANY wonderful packs in the past, and I am sure you will do the same in the future, but in my humble opinion, this pack just misses the mark. Building our own houses is something that people have wanted to do for a long time, but this idea should have come together better than it did. It is too bad that it is too late to go back and re-work it. I think you are really hoping that people will end up buying all 3 of the packs AND then spend money on expansion packs too. I don't see TOO much of that happening. I truly hope that the first expansion pack we see come out addresses a change in backgrounds (nightime) for people who only end up buying the bundle one time, because I think one bundle is all most people are going to be willing to buy or can afford to buy.

Respectfully,
Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I think it is a shame that only certain stores sell certain cards. I don't live within 100 miles of a game stop store and I would love to be able to buy the Arcane cards on line. Unfortunately, game stop does not sell the cards on line. I don't understand why ALL cards can't be bought online from the Wizard101 site.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Autumn Rain on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Professor for the reply, but after reading it, I realize I understood the intentions of the bundle correctly.

What I don't understand is, if, you wanted to change up the bundle for each one bought so that people didn't end up just buying the same bundle again in order to build a new house, then why did you leave the pet, mount, and gear exactly the same? That makes no sense. This is just my opinion, but I think it would have made more sense to come out with one bundle with the ability to choose one of three backgrounds, one of three pets, one of three mounts, and a choice of robes and then just do expansion packs. That way, if people wanted to buy the bundle again to make a new house, they wouldn't be stuck with everything the same except for the background. They could choose the combo that works best for them for their next handmade house. And I know that each time you buy the pack, the amount of indoor/outdoor items you are allowed to have gets larger for that pack, but that ability could have been given in the expansion packs along with more blocks.

You have come out with MANY wonderful packs in the past, and I am sure you will do the same in the future, but in my humble opinion, this pack just misses the mark. Building our own houses is something that people have wanted to do for a long time, but this idea should have come together better than it did. It is too bad that it is too late to go back and re-work it. I think you are really hoping that people will end up buying all 3 of the packs AND then spend money on expansion packs too. I don't see TOO much of that happening. I truly hope that the first expansion pack we see come out addresses a change in backgrounds (nightime) for people who only end up buying the bundle one time, because I think one bundle is all most people are going to be willing to buy or can afford to buy.

Respectfully,
I second this post. It doesn't make any sense to buy the bundle again if you can only "upgrade" with one feature it contains.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
The biggest problem i see with this is you are not afforded a chance to buy different items. To implement it the way you want,there should be 3 different bundles,with different items. Allow me to illustrate:

Bundle 1 Bundle 2 Bundle 3
House type A House type B House type C
Offensive Armor set Defensive armor set Balanced armor set
Arcane pet<storm> Arcane pet <Ice> Arcane pet <Fire>

This is just a basic example. It would allow people to pick the type of basic bundle they want,and wouldn't force people to buy 3 of the exact same thing just to get the upgrade. I'm guessing it would also greatly increase the sales. I haven't heard anyone happy so far about the way this one was implemented. In my humble opinion,this is the worst implementation of a bundle so far. I would seriously consider a rework/relaunch. I spend a great deal of cash on this game,but on this debacle, I will have to pass.

"There is no shame in being wrong. Shame is reserved for the ones who won't admit it,or worse,deny it" -Me

Defender
Jun 13, 2012

Don't you think that maybe the same exact bundle 3x is a little odd?
We can change the light in our settings and buy an additional +50 housing items for less money and with that new pack you were talking about, we could just buy one. I do like the idea of a reward though...
Awe is a mere part of amazment

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Well, its not too often I come to post request or ideas or even a complaint. But, after carefully weighing out cost and the abilities to this new expansion pack for houses I would like to say and agree to that 120 dollars is quite a bit of money.

I adore this game very much but not to the point I'm willing to pay that especially having repeat mounts, pets, and gear. We don't even have enough housing space available for this much less the huge lack of Bank Space to keep this.

Are we adding a Wardrobe Closet with this castle?? Are we separating the garden from being included in the item count for our houses as well? Which should be done for all home's.

I spend enough on Wiz not to mention I also have accounts for Pirates and children, yes children that play. Not one child but in plural form. There is no way I will be able to even shell this kind of money out for me and not my 4 kids. This is just too much and I am speechless and Greyrose never addressed the duplication of the pets, mounts and gear part.

I would like to see the number for the gardens NOT be included in our housing items. The BRIC A BRACK is NOT enough, 300 spaces is not enough to utilize I can't even complete full bedrooms with what not's or even living rooms, hallways, kitchen with everything it should have in it without it still looking like it needs more furniture. I know that it is possible to allow us to have more inventory and stock. As the houses get bigger the more empty they look. I can never furnish them to my liking.

I would have bought the Dino bundle which I love but the limit of housing item count and the low limit of banking space has stopped me from buying anymore home bundles. What's the point. That would mean I would have to get rid of armor and stuff I invested in from packs and I am just tired of wasting my hard earned money anymore especially in this economy. I've even bought a house with gold just to stuff mannequins with my armor in it and that is all I put in the house.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
couldn't agree more. I for one am a loyal customer to Wizard and Pirate and am a very good customer. I have not personally bought the bundle because I don't myself like the idea of shelling out 120.00 on three bundles when in reality i only use one. The pets, mount, and outfit is nice but the house in all due respect reminds me of the epic bundle castle. Its the same theme, so why would i give 120.00 for something that i have already. especially now, when you are requiring the customer to pay what 120.00 to get the final version. thats ridiculous sorry.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Prof Greyrose,

Is there any intention of providing a free Bric-A-Brac elixir(s) with subsequent purchases? As it stands, most players cannot add enough furniture to built castles, because there is no extra "inside" 250 limit. Your mentioned, "bonus" more blocks only compounds the problem further.

Right now, it costs 120 dollars for all three bundles.....and even more Crowns for elixirs just to make a house a home.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The simple, and seemingly obvious solution is to sell one card with an option upon redemption for the time of day and block style. Offer additional block bundles for sale in the crown shop.

This would please everyone, generating more up-front sales and encouraging future micro-purchases for expansion.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
Please reconsider the option of selecting your preferred castle setting at redemption or improving to the different levels with standalone booster blocks from the crowns shop rather than requiring 3 copies of the same bundle redeemed on the same wizard. It just doesn't seem to make sense to "bundle" something you only want multiples of part of.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Autumn Rain on May 29, 2014 wrote:

Respectfully,
I agree and I for one am not wasting one dime on this bundle until it's fixed (and it can be fixed very easily).

Running a business is fine, outright greed will simply cost KI in the long run. There is no way I am ever going to spend $120 on bundles to get one castle. Ever.