Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

grumpy gobblers is too slow

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
great game, it's probably my favorite. but i have a gripe, and it's that the game is so slow. you could probably speed this up three times what it is right now and it would still be perfectly playable.

it's slow because you have to start every game with a weird panning camera instead of what you're actually going to shoot with. unnecessary. just start with cannon view.

it's slow when you increase the power meter. and i always use top power, so lots of extra waiting for me.

it's slow when you aim.

it's slow after the blocks get hit.

it's slow when the fallen blocks sit there doing nothing before they pop.

and there's this weird 5 second period of nothingness after you knock everything out before you get to feed your pet.

slow!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't have an issue with this game. It only takes a few seconds to aim and fire using the keyboard short cuts.

Hitting the number 4 on your keyboard will stop the panning immediately.
1=fire shot
2=ice shot
3=Storm shot.

The arrow keys can be used to aim.

+ increases power. - decreases power. And space bar fires.

I really have never timed how long each game takes, but I know it can't take me more than a minute to go from start of game to feeding a pet.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I agree its annoyingly slow. Especially the beginning panarama view. On the other hand, I find it to be the easiest game to get complete successes with so I kind of view it as a trade off. More complete successes means more trained experience per energy spent, but it takes longer.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Hannah Lifebringer on May 26, 2014 wrote:
I don't have an issue with this game. It only takes a few seconds to aim and fire using the keyboard short cuts.

1=fire shot
2=ice shot
3=Storm shot.

I really have never timed how long each game takes, but I know it can't take me more than a minute to go from start of game to feeding a pet.
Hannah, you're awesome. I never knew there were keyboard shortcuts for pet games. This post really made my day.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014

1=fire shot
2=ice shot
3=Storm shot.

Hannah, you're awesome. I never knew there were keyboard shortcuts for pet games. This post really made my day.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011

1=fire shot
2=ice shot
3=Storm shot.

i know about all this already, and it doesn't really make the game faster in terms of experience.

if the game can take 25 seconds but takes a minute, it really irritates you to be waiting for that extra 35 seconds for the controls to be perfect, and for blocks to fall, stay down, pop, earn final score, and get to pet screen. multiply that by how many times you play this game to get your pet to mega, and you should start seeing my point. it's too slow, it needs a speed upgrade.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Pet should be given a rocket pack prior to loading. Blocks should fly over the backdrop at an alarming rate. Shock wave from pet reloading should be disturbingly fast, as to set car alarms off and crack the asphalt at the local convenience store.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
mebbenow on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Pet should be given a rocket pack prior to loading. Blocks should fly over the backdrop at an alarming rate. Shock wave from pet reloading should be disturbingly fast, as to set car alarms off and crack the asphalt at the local convenience store.
even if it's blatant hyperbole, i think any single sentence in that post surpasses the current gobblers game by leaps and bounds.