Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alchemy

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a suggestion for a new base school. That's not going to happen. New gear, pets, hybrids, bosses-- Nope. This is an idea for a side school. If you remember back to the Firecat Alley days, Gretta Darkettle makes a reference to it in her dialogue. So, I'm wondering-- what if this became learnable? We would, as Alchemists, be able to craft elixirs that boost for ONLY the next fight. For example, a potion to boost 500 health for the next fight, you may need 10 Sapphires, 3 Blood Moss, and 1 Sandstone. To add 8% Storm Resist for the next fight, you'd need 5 Perfect Amythest, 4 Scrap Metal, and 1 Cat Tail. All elixirs would be no-PvP. There would be a maximum of 1 elixir in use at a time. Thoughts for elixirs:
-School Specific Resist
-Global Resist
-Health
-School-Specific Damage
-Global Damage
-Global Accuracy
-Power Pip Chance

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
While I like the idea of elixir making in general as a player, I don't see it ever happening. Elixir are already crown shop items and you can use up to 3 at once. Having free craftable ones might be good for players, but bad for business.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
rtdv on May 16, 2014 wrote:
This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a suggestion for a new base school. That's not going to happen. New gear, pets, hybrids, bosses-- Nope. This is an idea for a side school. If you remember back to the Firecat Alley days, Gretta Darkettle makes a reference to it in her dialogue. So, I'm wondering-- what if this became learnable? We would, as Alchemists, be able to craft elixirs that boost for ONLY the next fight. For example, a potion to boost 500 health for the next fight, you may need 10 Sapphires, 3 Blood Moss, and 1 Sandstone. To add 8% Storm Resist for the next fight, you'd need 5 Perfect Amythest, 4 Scrap Metal, and 1 Cat Tail. All elixirs would be no-PvP. There would be a maximum of 1 elixir in use at a time. Thoughts for elixirs:
-School Specific Resist
-Global Resist
-Health
-School-Specific Damage
-Global Damage
-Global Accuracy
-Power Pip Chance

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?
It's just crafting spells... and no thanks.

I do like the initial idea but since Alchemy is essentially about change, it's just like the Polymorphs already taught.