Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Gear

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
For my new storm wizard, I want to have good gear but will not farm in places like waterworks. Crafting seems like a good idea but I have no idea what to craft and when because this is only my second wizard (on my first I farmed). I am thinking about the level 56 sudrilund gear but I don't know if I should craft gear from Celestia, Zafaria, or another place. It might seem a little early but I need to know because if the Sudrilund gear isn't the best option, I'm not planning on doing Grizzleheim or Wintertusk.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary
Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
glowstorm13 on May 13, 2014 wrote:
For my new storm wizard, I want to have good gear but will not farm in places like waterworks. Crafting seems like a good idea but I have no idea what to craft and when because this is only my second wizard (on my first I farmed). I am thinking about the level 56 sudrilund gear but I don't know if I should craft gear from Celestia, Zafaria, or another place. It might seem a little early but I need to know because if the Sudrilund gear isn't the best option, I'm not planning on doing Grizzleheim or Wintertusk.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary
Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate
I craft all the gear for my wizards with my Life wizard and pass it though the shared bank. I craft the Wintertusk gear. It is on par with Waterworks gear as I do not farm any more either. The boots are iffy but rest is handy and since I will use this for quite some time I stitch it. I currently have a Storm that worked it's way though Wintertusk and Celestia with out to much ado solo. Keep in mind some spells and pets are available if you complete GH/WT. I did all but the last dungeon event in Wintertusk for the experience it gives too.

There is some gear later on in Avalon that I have crafted since critical block becomes an issue. Craft quests introduce farming to complete so I don't craft past Avalon.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The level 56 Wintertusk gear is the next best all around gear if you don't go for Waterworks gear.