Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interact Prompts not appearing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
When my wizard approaches a NPC/chest/dungeon/etc the Interact Prompt does not appear. This isn't a major problem until you want to use the team-up feature.(the button for which is in said prompt) I have read every guide I can find and every list of shortcut commands and cant find a way to 'toggle' these prompts. Am I missing something obvious or do I need to seek help from Kingsilse?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've had this happen to me a couple times. It usually fixes itself by just logging out to the wizard select screen and going back in. If that doesn't fix it then quitting and restarting the game has always fixed it for me.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
mountnman on May 12, 2014 wrote:
When my wizard approaches a NPC/chest/dungeon/etc the Interact Prompt does not appear. This isn't a major problem until you want to use the team-up feature.(the button for which is in said prompt) I have read every guide I can find and every list of shortcut commands and cant find a way to 'toggle' these prompts. Am I missing something obvious or do I need to seek help from Kingsilse?
I'm not sure about a toggle key for these. But here are two things you might want to check.

When you are in the game, press "esc" to see your game options.

At the 4th Tab on the top (the first joystick), click on that and check your options. In particular, check:

NPC Chatter - On
Tutorial Tips - All

And at the 5th Tab on the top (the second joystick), click on that and again, check your options, especially:

Dungeon Warnings - Yes

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
update
for two days of logging in and out this problem persisted, then today(after i ask for help, of course) it is working fine
ill revisit if it crops up again

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Sometimes, the visible prompt just doesn't appear. Try clicking on whatever you need to interact with anyways. This has worked for me a couple times but I'm not sure if it's the same glitch.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate