Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Future Spells Shouldn't Be Attack Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Yep. Thats right, I'm saying it. The rank 10 spells are already good how they are, all the schools are happy with spells, and they all get they same amount of attacks.
Myth/Life/Death shouldn't get a new AoE, because who would wait 11+ pips for a stronger hit? We can blade, and hope for a critical.
The future 108 spells, 118, should be utility spells, but should be useful.

Defender
May 01, 2011
True, because would like to see a Mass Feint or maybe Mass Tower Shield. Yet when the point where bosses reach 30k+ and regular mobs have like 5k+ we might end up needing some more advanced attacks. It will be painful to wait to get 11 pips, but I'm sure KI will add a new feature to change that sometime in the future.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Angel Hunter on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Yep. Thats right, I'm saying it. The rank 10 spells are already good how they are, all the schools are happy with spells, and they all get they same amount of attacks.
Myth/Life/Death shouldn't get a new AoE, because who would wait 11+ pips for a stronger hit? We can blade, and hope for a critical.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you. I think they need to come out with stronger shields or at least come out a shield boost or something like that.

Jennifer Rose Blossom

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mass spells could be upped. Storm already has the mass shield spell, so we KNOW it can be done. Mass feint I like BUT it needs to be carefully balance. Would the caster get 3 traps? one trap worth 3x the incoming damage as it current gets? slightly more incoming damage? Also, somebody suggested on another thread of upping the Sun School spells and giving us either +400/+500 per spell (which would help too). There is also that valid concern of the enemy getting insane amounts of HP because they keep bumping it up. Which of course will make players ask about those 2 pip wands that were never released so we could start fights with 7 total pips (if you take into account power pip rating and the new pip decks) and have less wait time for that first hard hit.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
maybe they will make a blue pip that give 3 pips for a spell lol and you can only unlock it after level 100 but it only work for level 100 spell's and up other then that it be like a gold pip for like anything under level 100 the blue pip would like show up like on the side of you little ring thing but they would only be for you new spell it be 3 pip would be on blue pip and the spell would take 1 blue pip it be kinda like shadow magic but just the pip part if you have the blue pip then you could cast it and it be for you class

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Sorry, but I want new attack spells.
We have already gone through two worlds without getting any, Avalon and Khrysalis, and while these spells are good, they can be side spells like level 106 or so.
The difficulty will be raised I am sure, just like Dragonspyre to Celestia and we will need them.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Wrong. Myth and death do need a better AoE. Many Myth wizards stil, use Humongofrog, and Scarecrow is also pretty weak. If we don't get bigger attack spells, then how do we really grow in power? Will we be forever stuck at 10 while boss health increases to ridiculous heights, like 100k?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Wrong. Myth and death do need a better AoE. Many Myth wizards stil, use Humongofrog, and Scarecrow is also pretty weak. If we don't get bigger attack spells, then how do we really grow in power? Will we be forever stuck at 10 while boss health increases to ridiculous heights, like 100k?
Obviously we would need more sun boosts or blades to help with this if on more attack spells happened. In the case of Death, a simple solution would be to remove either the pip cost (minimal as it is) or damage of Dark Pact. This would help give death more power without giving it another spell. Giving us stronger Sun school damage boosting spells would also help. We have up to 275, how about if we increased that to 375 (I say 375 because it's an easy split up for death school because on life saps, it would be 250 damage and 125 health increase).

While I haven't played a myth yet, one possible thought would be to make a Sun School spell that takes the buff minion spell and changes it to a regular buffing spell (on any ally). Give it a 1 pip cost and there we go, you got more power without adding another attack spell

In general, what I've noticed is that if a spell has strong after effects (earthquake which removes everything but stun block on opponents), the damage is minimized. A perfect example of this would be:

Commonalities:
7 pips, 440 BASE damage

Differences:
Fire Dragon: 351 Damage over 3 rounds to all enemies
Eurikir Axebreaker: -45% Accuracy to enemies, and +9% Armor Piercing to allies

Look at the difference between the two.

Now, I KNOW some people won't like the ideas I've put forward, and will call them OP, complain that it negates this school or that school, ruins the original purpose of death/myth, and/or claim they shouldnt be that strong, etc etc etc. These are just IDEAS people, to get the conversation moving along.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
We can only last so long on our current arsenal, I say make those spells attack spells but still fit in some non-damage spells in between to enhance our defensive and/or offensive capabilities before hitting.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Excuse me people who don't agree.
You want stronger spells? Blade up, or enchant more.
I don't see the point of having an 11 pip spell, which we already have good ones right now. Maybe they could add a spell like King Artorius at the end of the next worlds, but I would NOT want a new 108 spell, etc.
humongo and scarecrow are good as they are. My forest lord does 620 base damage, and usually don't enchant.
Humongo and Scarecrow with an enchant, does more. And, get critical, and spam then. Especially for myth. My life has 72 damage and 364 crit with the Hades gear, so you guys should be capable of getting more.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
That's A Great Idea! I mean it will become a pain when we have to wait longer for more pips. What KI could do is provide a more powerful pip that has three pips all bunched up together. Your a genius for thinking this! Sophia Golden leaf

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
maybe they come up with better heals and shields and other things. then get on with attack

Defender
May 29, 2013
dayerider on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Obviously we would need more sun boosts or blades to help with this if on more attack spells happened. In the case of Death, a simple solution would be to remove either the pip cost (minimal as it is) or damage of Dark Pact. This would help give death more power without giving it another spell. Giving us stronger Sun school damage boosting spells would also help. We have up to 275, how about if we increased that to 375 (I say 375 because it's an easy split up for death school because on life saps, it would be 250 damage and 125 health increase).

While I haven't played a myth yet, one possible thought would be to make a Sun School spell that takes the buff minion spell and changes it to a regular buffing spell (on any ally). Give it a 1 pip cost and there we go, you got more power without adding another attack spell

In general, what I've noticed is that if a spell has strong after effects (earthquake which removes everything but stun block on opponents), the damage is minimized. A perfect example of this would be:

Commonalities:
7 pips, 440 BASE damage

Differences:
Fire Dragon: 351 Damage over 3 rounds to all enemies
Eurikir Axebreaker: -45% Accuracy to enemies, and +9% Armor Piercing to allies

Look at the difference between the two.

Now, I KNOW some people won't like the ideas I've put forward, and will call them OP, complain that it negates this school or that school, ruins the original purpose of death/myth, and/or claim they shouldnt be that strong, etc etc etc. These are just IDEAS people, to get the conversation moving along.
Every school, except the mentioned Myth and Death, have AoE that reach over the 500 mark without Colossal, or will reach way over the 500 mark with Colossal
The DoT spells assume max damage, and not counting Sun Serpent or Avenging

Ice has Frost Giant and Snow Angel (assuming max damage)
Storm has Tempest, Sirens, and Storm Lord
Balance has Power Nova and Ra
Fire has Rain of Fire, Scald, and Fire Dragon

Life has Fluffy

What do Myth and Death have? Scarecrow and Humongofrog (and Earthquake for Myth)
Colossal Crow is 583
Colossal Frog is 540-600
Colossal Quake is 585

While I understand Colossal Crow not reaching too much over 500 because it's a drain, but that's not the case for Myth. Myth is in desperate need of another AoE spell, no matter how you try to rationalize it or "solve" it

Removing damage from Dark Pact isn't what Death needs....... no one needs that. That would offset balance and our blades. A free 35% blade, while we're out begging for KI to buff our blades or make them into "Balance" blades? No!

Life doesn't seem too happy with Spinysaur. Not once have I seen it in PvP........... or PvE. I didn't even know it existed until the other day, when I got hit with it, and it was pitiful

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Angel Hunter on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Excuse me people who don't agree.
You want stronger spells? Blade up, or enchant more.
I don't see the point of having an 11 pip spell, which we already have good ones right now. Maybe they could add a spell like King Artorius at the end of the next worlds, but I would NOT want a new 108 spell, etc.
humongo and scarecrow are good as they are. My forest lord does 620 base damage, and usually don't enchant.
Humongo and Scarecrow with an enchant, does more. And, get critical, and spam then. Especially for myth. My life has 72 damage and 364 crit with the Hades gear, so you guys should be capable of getting more.
That's highly condescending. There is no enchant higher than Colossal, and the reason why myth/death want better AoEs is because ours are very low in damage, which means it takes far longer to blade up than it should.
Scarecrow cannot be spammed, it takes 4 turns to cast, and base enchanted damage is 583, less than your unenchanted Forest Lord. Critical is highly unreliable and can be blocked. Not everyone gets the Hades gear, some people are below 90 and others just give up. I doubt you have played Death or Myth, and you do not understand the issues of these schools.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
kylesar1 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Every school, except the mentioned Myth and Death, have AoE that reach over the 500 mark without Colossal, or will reach way over the 500 mark with Colossal
The DoT spells assume max damage, and not counting Sun Serpent or Avenging

Ice has Frost Giant and Snow Angel (assuming max damage)
Storm has Tempest, Sirens, and Storm Lord
Balance has Power Nova and Ra
Fire has Rain of Fire, Scald, and Fire Dragon

Life has Fluffy

What do Myth and Death have? Scarecrow and Humongofrog (and Earthquake for Myth)
Colossal Crow is 583
Colossal Frog is 540-600
Colossal Quake is 585

While I understand Colossal Crow not reaching too much over 500 because it's a drain, but that's not the case for Myth. Myth is in desperate need of another AoE spell, no matter how you try to rationalize it or "solve" it

Removing damage from Dark Pact isn't what Death needs....... no one needs that. That would offset balance and our blades. A free 35% blade, while we're out begging for KI to buff our blades or make them into "Balance" blades? No!

Life doesn't seem too happy with Spinysaur. Not once have I seen it in PvP........... or PvE. I didn't even know it existed until the other day, when I got hit with it, and it was pitiful
the problem is, while I agree that Death could use another AoE, the most common response is "Death has Deer knight" which does 570, but since it's a DoT it does more damage AND not everybody will learn it; that's the problem with Deer Knight; it's not a suitable replacement for a regular AoE for death. As for blades for death, it was just a thought, off the top of my head. Dark Pact already IS a "balance blade" because it's a neutral school blade.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
No sir, no sir, they should be attack spells, at least for myth. If the worlds go up then so will mob's powers and all myth has to kill is a frog that has max 600atk. And earth has like 585 that sucks, myth needs another multi-attack spell.

-Colin MythBringer Lvl94