Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sabertooth Pet Needs an Update:

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
The new Balance pet gives a Sabertooth spell card that lists 700-775 damage to a single enemy, plus a Spirit Shield returned on self for 10 pips. The regular, trained Sabertooth spell has the same effect, but it does 1000-1100 damage. I initially assumed the reduced damage and retained pip cost (spell rank) was placed to limit lower-level Wizards from using the spell, but that's clearly not the case if you look at the other schools' level 98 pet cards. All of the other pets give similar cards for reduced damage, but likewise a reduced pip cost. The Sabertooth is currently the only school pet that retains the original pip cost (spell rank) with reduced damage. For example, the Sun Serpent pet gives a spell substantially weaker than its rank 10 equivalent; it lists 625-700 damage to a single enemy, plus 180 damage over 3 rounds to all enemies for 7pips. All of the other new pet-given spell cards share a similar correlation of reduced damage and spell rank. The most convincing example is the Sabertooth hybrid-equivalent, Frostfang. This pet card lists 700-775 damage to a single enemy, plus an Elemental Shield returned on self for 7, not 10, pips. Thus, I believe the Sabertooth's spell card needs to be changed to what I assume was its intended rank, 7.

Signed,
A proud Sorcerer and owner of a Sabertooth.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Am I the only one that cares about this obvious mistake?

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Disregard this thread. The spell card has been changed after the latest patch. Nice work, KI.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I as we'll think there needs to be an update to fix this unfair problem. They are obviously giving balance the short end of the stick here and it needs to be fixed as it is unfair compared to the other pets spells. I here agree with you even being a death wizard all schools need to say that they are giving balance a bad deal here or else it will never be heard or fixed by the w101 development team. I do hope this gets fixed I again do agree with you so don't feel like your the only one many other balance students I bet feel the same. Thanks! Benjamin FoeBreaker lvl 72