Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I was really excited when part 2 of khrysallis was announced because the pets looked like they were not gonna b awful like the avalon ones. So I just trained my winter lord to ancient and *spoilers* it got rugged for a talent. Seriously. Why is it that the pets we got 40 levels ago get no selfish talents but the so called powerful ones we get now have not 1, not 2, but 3 selfish talents! It's like the mammoth all over again. I understand how these talents act as inhibitors for other talents, but since I trained him to ancient and he already got health gift and may cast ice spear, and rugged, would you rather have a pet that casts your school spear, boosts your health, and just give you some talents that slightly boost other talents? Or would you have a pet who does all of the above, but replace the inhibiting talents with things like a damage boost, or incoming heal boost, or casting your school blade? All i'm hoping for is that KI looks at the level 98 pets, removes the selfish talents, and replaces them with talents people like me will actually use. Or they could just institute a feature where you could look at your pets, pick a talent you don't like, and spend 200 crowns and pick a talent you would like. If they can't do either that's fine. I'll just go back to using my wyvern pet who I had for the last 40 levels.
Seriously KI. Not cool.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They also added really good talents to the pool. You need to hatch the selfish talents out just like every other pet in the game. 1st generation pets have never been good pets, whether crown or school pets. They just have select talents that people want to add to their hatching pool.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
the only good pets are the ones that are hatched.

I guarantee in a matter of months (and that's being generous) you're gonna see people with the level 98 pets who have worked hard and gotten extremely good talents into them.

The Sea Dragon and The Golden Ram are the only pets I can think of that have some truly incredible talents as first generation pets.

-The RavenCatcher

100 955763

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi

Biggest problem is when you hatch with first generation with your pet you can't see what will they get
unless you don't level them trough boring games which repeat over and over that " Cannon Castle "
i used that much that i solve it with one shot and what i hate most is that moment when you finish
game and need to go again they really need to raise those snacks or game reward not to 4 then to 20.
Or to make it so we can see our pets talents when egg hatches and be able to buy talents crowns or
gold i don't care. Game is fun as it is but all process to get pet you need is stressful as it is.
I almost got my pet " my perfect pet " had normal talents for pvp and pve but at mega instead of Fairy i
got card Tower Shield i didn't take it well back then i didn't play w101 for while i needed to find reason to play it again. Some say you need to hatch to switch selfish talents out and that is truth but out of 9 slots i got on 10 that card and in process i lost time and training huh so much headache i still try to bypass that card and i can't keeps pop out cause its in same talent as fairy or any heals as some know hehe also that mirror lake and pixie sticks i almost know all players who have same problem and we talk about this problem each time i go there and why i laugh is we are not even friends we meet as players didn't add them yet lol.

In matter for all players which hatch i wish huge luck in future hunting for talents and that they have more luck then i had see ya in spiral or in mirror lake.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have two ice wizards on 2 accounts i do not hatch outside my accounts. I have two Mammoth ice pets now and both have same stats cause they are from the teacher. My question is, if i hatch them and keep them hatching in ice pets will they bring in other bad traits like a fire Blade, or maybe a death poison? I never cross hatch my pets, cause i have no use for a pet that carry spells for the wizard that can not cast those spells.I once got a Justice pet that cast or gave a life blade, use to i didnt need this on my balance but now with the new spell that uses life, myth, and death it is good to have. But if not for that spell this pet would be useless to my balance wizard. So if i hatch ice with ice will they start giving off school traits?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2x4 two step on May 4, 2014 wrote:
I have two ice wizards on 2 accounts i do not hatch outside my accounts. I have two Mammoth ice pets now and both have same stats cause they are from the teacher. My question is, if i hatch them and keep them hatching in ice pets will they bring in other bad traits like a fire Blade, or maybe a death poison? I never cross hatch my pets, cause i have no use for a pet that carry spells for the wizard that can not cast those spells.I once got a Justice pet that cast or gave a life blade, use to i didnt need this on my balance but now with the new spell that uses life, myth, and death it is good to have. But if not for that spell this pet would be useless to my balance wizard. So if i hatch ice with ice will they start giving off school traits?
If the parents of your pets are both first generation Ice pets then only Ice talents will be passed a long to the hatches.

Many hatch mixed school pets for the talents more over the school only talents. Such as me - I have an Enchanted Armament pet that I wanted Fairy Friend, Unicorn and Spell Proof in, clearly I had to get these talents from other pets that were also mixed parent pets. These talents came to my though a hatched Brave hound and Storm Beetle which I had a Frankinbunny to hatch with. Sticky talents were myth trap and fire shield which was great for the spell battle in AZ, but took me for ever to hatch out, several hatches later I found Storm Shark.

For spell proof I did start with hatching Starfish an Ice pet which also can manifest Spritley which would be a good pet to hatch with the Mammoth if your interest is to keep Ice talents only.

Mary

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
2x4 two step on May 4, 2014 wrote:
Hybrids can only manifest talents in their talent pool. As long as Fireblade or any other talent you do not want is not possible to get on either pet, it cannot appear. Seeing the amount of control you hatch with, that should not be an issue.