Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good level 90 gear for Balance?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I was wondering what some good promethean gear for balance is. I know Hades might be the best, but I really don't ever want to farm him again. He's worthless to me. Is there a way to have good stats without it?

Historian
May 15, 2009
I would have to say the best gear would probably come from either crafting or from fort rachias bosses in Khrysalis since that is the final area for part one.

crafting takes a lot of time and effort to make it, but it has some very powerful stats that rivals even the hades gear, maybe not in terms of critical rating, but it is a ways above the usual stuff for sure.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Oh yeah, you can have good stats without any L90 gear. I can't remember all of my gear, but I do use WW hat, L84 crafted robe (Three Spirits, I think the name is), L85 Archmage boots (crown), an L90 Ice wand with lots of block, L76 Courtly Dirk athame, L82 Horizon of the Underworld amulet, and L86 Xibalba's Dread Seal ring. My wand is L90, but that was from a pack, because I desperately needed something decent for block.

For my L90 Balance:

Health: 4954
Damage: 77
Resist: 46 universal
Accuracy: +4% (hard to find a good combination with more accuracy)
Pips: 82
Critical: 187 (hard to get decent critical without tanking other stats)
Block: 206/224/198 (Fire/Ice/Storm) 146 to all others
Healing: 41% in

By switching a couple of items, I can get more health, less or more damage, less resist, more accuracy, less pips, lots more critical, more block, and less or more healing.

It's all about how you want to play your Balance. Offense? Defense? A combination of both?

I usually carry a few extra pieces of gear in my backpack, as I need different stats when I'm playing solo or with a team.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Oops, I forgot to mention that so far, I have not seen any L90 regular gear that I could ever use. It seems that the higher level the gear, the worse it is. You may gain stats in a couple of areas, but you lose big time in other areas. Not worth the effort or cost, if you ask me.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
the new level 94 crafting robes looks nice. im gonna change my hades robe for one of those when they go live

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
The long and the short of it is no, Hade's gear is the best level 90 gear out there.
But you are actually in luck, for a few reasons.

First off, farm him just enough to get your hade's wand, you will definitely need that and they drop pretty regularly, unless you want to buy a slightly worse wand for crowns.

Second, lots of new gear has recently been coming out, and even more in part 2 of khyrsalys to come.
-If you level up to level 95, currently there is crown shop gear that is almost as good as hades gear, for all classes which is a good alternative for farming hades if you don't want to spend the time.

-In part 2 of Khyrsalys, there is a new set of crafted gear for level 96 which is very decent, in fact I like the storm crafted helm better than the hades helm all together and plan on getting it soon as part 2 goes live in the real realm.

If you don't like any of these options, the lower level gear waterworks, or a mix of lower level crafted gear is preferable to most players.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
Currently the gear I'm using for my balance wizard is hades helm of justice, azteca crafted robe(balance school only,20%balance damage, 4% accuracy, 13% resist plus block), and azteca crafted shoes(the one that gives 93 block and balance damage).

If you're unable to get the helm of justice, I suggest using the waterworks hat instead.

If it makes a difference, the perfect pet I'm currently trying to get will have spell proof, spell defying, fairy, pain giver, and balance dealer.