Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
Hello,

I am relatively new to gaming here, been on 101 less than a year, and I had a question about spells. I want to get the best possible spells for my wizard(s), I play mostly , but have the other schools as well save for . My has made it to Azteca finally, and is level 84. Am I correct in thinking that I should have some training points left over? I currently have all the shields from the girl in the fairgrounds in Wizard City, the tower shield from the school, and the absorb shield from the school. I also have elemental and spirit trap, and elemental swords. What is really throwing me on this though are the spells. Do I only need one from Celestia to unlock them in Zafaria or do I need all of them? LOL if I only need one, I hope that I have the crowns for yet another reset.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
spells are like regular school spells. You must learn them in order. There is one difference though. has two types of spells one for damage and one for accuracy. Each type acts like it's own school. To learn Colossal, for example, you must train all the other Damage spells below it, but you don't have to train any Accuracy spells.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Ambrose Cain on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I am relatively new to gaming here, been on 101 less than a year, and I had a question about spells. I want to get the best possible spells for my wizard(s), I play mostly , but have the other schools as well save for . My has made it to Azteca finally, and is level 84. Am I correct in thinking that I should have some training points left over? I currently have all the shields from the girl in the fairgrounds in Wizard City, the tower shield from the school, and the absorb shield from the school. I also have elemental and spirit trap, and elemental swords. What is really throwing me on this though are the spells. Do I only need one from Celestia to unlock them in Zafaria or do I need all of them? LOL if I only need one, I hope that I have the crowns for yet another reset.
Two things I would mention are:

Did you get all of the spells from the Other/Secret Trainers for your wizards? Here is a link that shows "all" spells for your Storm wizard:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Storm_School_Spells

In particular, look at the "Other" Trainers on that list. And you can click on any highlighted items on that page for more details (like "where the trainer is located", or who gives certain quests, and prequests/requirements).

And on that fansite, you can find that list for any school, along with tons of other info about the game.

As far as the Sun or Star school spells, etc., just like when you were learning the spells for your Storm school, you had to take the lower level spells first, before you could take the higher level spells. Same thing applies here. If you want the higher level spells in Zafaria, you must train in all of the lower level spells in Celestia.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
i know i am suppose to reply but can someone help me plz i am a lvl 43 and i want the spell dryad isn't it suppose to be lvl 38 to get it i didn't get it how do i get it

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DavidSilverBrand on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
i know i am suppose to reply but can someone help me plz i am a lvl 43 and i want the spell dryad isn't it suppose to be lvl 38 to get it i didn't get it how do i get it
Hi. And welcome to the Message Boards.

This link will show you all of the spells for the Life School:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Life_School_Spells

On that link, scroll down to the Dryad spell, and look at the Quest Line (what quests will give you that spell). You can click on the spell names (highlighted in blue) to see what the "prequests or requirements" are. Maybe you didn't complete all of the previous requirements. For example, did you finish the Level 28 spell quests yet?

You can't get the Level 38 spell if you didn't get the Level 28 spell.

One more note: in the future when you post, you might want to start your own posting to ask a new question. When you are in a section on the Message Boards (like Ravenwood Commons), near the top of the page is a box called "New Topic". Click on that box, and you can start a new posting/thread. That way, your question won't get buried at the end of someone else's posting.

Hope this helps.