Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

my side of the slow loading problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
Okay I know you all know about all the people that had slow loading in the past and i tried everything. i tried taking off my armor, I have nearly no treasure cards, I’m still below level 10 and have only a few quests. I have no other wizards, and i use crowns and just bought a prepaid membership card. Here’s how my game got slow: okay so I made my new account and all through unicorn way and through part of Triton avenue I was fine. However one time when i was on the collecting sticks for the scarecrow in Triton avenue quest i exited the game( i was on haunted cave by the way, ) and turned off my computer. when i turned it back on and started playing again my game was really slow. some of the ways it's slow is : to go from one place to another takes much longer (the loading screen i mean) catching wisps is close to impossible now because when i get close to them i don't even get my mana or health i can be practically on top of the wisp but yet i don't get it. Trying to fight a scarlet screamer on Triton avenue is close to impossible now because the monster go at a different speed so they look like they're at a different place. okay that is all i just need some more suggestions on what to do so game acts at the right speed again. thank you if you read through all of that. sorry for my horrible grammar and stuff, and please leave suggestions on what i should do please i would really appreciate it. bye.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
rockingspellcaster on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Okay I know you all know about all the people that had slow loading in the past and i tried everything. i tried taking off my armor, I have nearly no treasure cards, I’m still below level 10 and have only a few quests. I have no other wizards, and i use crowns and just bought a prepaid membership card. Here’s how my game got slow: okay so I made my new account and all through unicorn way and through part of Triton avenue I was fine. However one time when i was on the collecting sticks for the scarecrow in Triton avenue quest i exited the game( i was on haunted cave by the way, ) and turned off my computer. when i turned it back on and started playing again my game was really slow. some of the ways it's slow is : to go from one place to another takes much longer (the loading screen i mean) catching wisps is close to impossible now because when i get close to them i don't even get my mana or health i can be practically on top of the wisp but yet i don't get it. Trying to fight a scarlet screamer on Triton avenue is close to impossible now because the monster go at a different speed so they look like they're at a different place. okay that is all i just need some more suggestions on what to do so game acts at the right speed again. thank you if you read through all of that. sorry for my horrible grammar and stuff, and please leave suggestions on what i should do please i would really appreciate it. bye.
The best suggestion would be to contact support at KI. They can tell you exactly why your game is lagging. Professor Greyrose gave a detailed response here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/wizard-city/game-lagging-8ad6a4143e833b79013ea503b03d27e5/8ad6a4183ea755bc013ebd4c0a431344?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4183ea755bc013ebd4c0a431344

The most important part of her reply is to send an e-mail to help@kingsisle.com and explain your problem to them. Be sure to give them your UserName in the game, and the name of one of your wizards, so that they can help you faster.

And the last part of her note is important too. She said to include a DxDiag report in your e-mail:

"To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email".

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
This is not a problem with a game, but a problem with your computer.

-Nick level 95

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
rockingspellcaster on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Many things can make the game run slow. Is something else running on your computer when you are playing the game? Are other programs starting up with your computer and running in the back ground? Is your computer slightly older or video needs an update? Some times the game in general is having an issue. Is your online connection being used by more in the house then just you to stream or play another more intense game?

In the end there are several ways the game can drag on you.