Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team up feature

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
I really do not like that once you hit the team up button, you cannot move around. In pvp you are able to join and minimize it and able to move around while waiting. I would like it if you are able to move when waiting for teaming up.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I would also like to see this happen. Considering its not uncommon to have to wait a significant amount of time to find a teammate, having the ability to do other things for the duration of the wait would be very nice. Great suggestion.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
I have a suggestion regarding the Team Up feature. Please make it more family and friends-list friendly. I would love to farm Morganthe with my friends, but usually one of us becomes group member 4 of a random group that was already waiting in queue. This is incredibly frustrating for not only my friend and I who have to wait another 5 minutes before being able to use the Team Up button again, but also to the 3 random people who were expecting a full group.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
NiibKing on May 31, 2014 wrote:
I have a suggestion regarding the Team Up feature. Please make it more family and friends-list friendly. I would love to farm Morganthe with my friends, but usually one of us becomes group member 4 of a random group that was already waiting in queue. This is incredibly frustrating for not only my friend and I who have to wait another 5 minutes before being able to use the Team Up button again, but also to the 3 random people who were expecting a full group.
It sounds nice but, the feature isn't really made for friends. I mean that it's for people who "don't have their friends at their beg and will" (von) This quote explains that if you don't have many friends and you need people now.
Where is the Ravenwood nurse? Moolinda Wu?
P.S. LOL, I was writing a research paper and somehow a quote got in here...

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Right on. If you could have Team Up reserve a "block" for your friends, similar to the PvP function, that would be excellent. At the very least, it would be nice to know how many people are in line so you don't get separated from your group.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I complete agree with, and understand where NiibKing is coming from. More importantly, this is such an incredible win-win scenario for everyone.

Team-up is a fantastic feature that lets players searching for a team, group with other players they may, or may not know. Sometimes you want to stay teamed with who the person/s on your team; and really appreciate having 1-2 additional wizards on your team too.

This means, players already on a team stay together, while players searching to join a team; fill an empty, available spot with minimal interruption or downtime.

What an incredible suggestion NiibKing - thanks for your idea; everyone can benefit from!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you have a group to be separated from, you really don't need the team up feature.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Miranda Dreamsong on May 31, 2014 wrote:
It sounds nice but, the feature isn't really made for friends. I mean that it's for people who "don't have their friends at their beg and will" (von) This quote explains that if you don't have many friends and you need people now.
Where is the Ravenwood nurse? Moolinda Wu?
P.S. LOL, I was writing a research paper and somehow a quote got in here...
Apparently this has never happened to you, but when it does please remember the comment you made here...
The situation I described happens to me all the time and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's very time consuming and annoying.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Seems it should group players on that realm's sigil together first, before going out and grabbing other players on other realms.

Unfortunately, it looks like Team Up works best when individual players are trying to group up...not small groups looking to add more.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
seethe42 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
If you have a group to be separated from, you really don't need the team up feature.
Why should I be penalized from using the same feature everyone else benefits from just because I am playing with friends. I thought playing the game with friends and family is what Wizard101 is all about.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
If you do want to farm with your friends/family then you should use the sigil instead of using the Team Up feature. Team up is for people who do not have a team, have no friends on, or they keep finding deserted realms, or with bosses that are farmed regularly (Morganthe for example) to get a quick team.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
seethe42 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Pairs often need reinforcement. It's a good suggestion.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Megan Frostflame on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
If you do want to farm with your friends/family then you should use the sigil instead of using the Team Up feature. Team up is for people who do not have a team, have no friends on, or they keep finding deserted realms, or with bosses that are farmed regularly (Morganthe for example) to get a quick team.
If I want to farm with my friends/family, then I should be able to use the Team Up feature like everyone else. Also, where does it say that Team up is just for people who do not have a team? Even if that were true, the situation I have been describing has to do with only a partial group needing more. I'm not gonna sit there jumping on and off the sigil when everyone around me is only using Team Up. I appreciate your feedback, but it just makes no sense.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
NiibKing's suggest shouldn't be confusing or complicated; in fact, its an easier way for multiple players to do a dungeon or quest at the same time.

Sigil and Team-Up Features

Sigil - Click on sigil to enter a dungeon or quest area with 1-3 additional nearby players
This doesn't let players in different realms join the team

Click on the Team-Up feature to randomly form a team with other players in any realm
This doesn't guarantee players will remain on the same team

Niib King and many other players want these features merged to allow players to remain on the same team, while letting other players join their team the easiest way possible; regardless what realm they're currently in. And expanding the team-up feature satisfies this demand.

The reason this benefits all players:

It streamlines game play
This expands players meeting other players
Allows players the opportunity to complete more challenging dungeons in larger groups easier

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Hello, I would like to propose a revision of the "Team Up" feature by giving some possible ideas.

After seeing multiple unqualified people go into Loremaster and other dungeons to farm, I would like to request "Team Up" to be turned off for them. This does not mean they cannot enter via sigil, but so that people who are not qualified (I.e. within 5 levels of the appropriate level for the world) cannot enter unless using the sigil. This is to prevent lack of participation or skill as many people have resolved themselves to wear PvP gear to survive, which takes all their mana away. Multiple players I've talked to agree with me that it is not only annoying, but selfish to allow farming by these types of players because they did not take the time to level like we all did or do not want to participate. I'm sure there is more than one plausible solution to this minor problem and am open to suggestions and comments that may further this thread.

Thank you.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
"Team up" was a great idea, but you're right, it isn't complete. It might help a lot if it looked more like the practice PvP interface, where you can see who is in queue and what level people are.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If a player is able to enter a lit up sigil....then they are qualified for that dungeon. You personally might not like teaming with lower level players in Loremaster, but the Loremaster fight is designed for all levels (just like the possible reward spells. If KI did not want lower level players in Loremaster they wouldn't need to revamp the Team Up system, they would simply level restrict when the quest was available to "light up" the sigil. This goes for any other dungeon as well.

Your suggestion also indicates that anyone above level 50 would not be allowed Team Up assistance into Loremaster either. Most level 55 Balance wizards will have trouble soloing in this dungeon (or at least take longer) and I suspect remaining schools would like to have more teammates (since faster battles equals increased spell drops).

"I would like to request "Team Up" to be turned off for them. This does not mean they cannot enter via sigil, but so that people who are not qualified (I.e. within 5 levels of the appropriate level for the world) cannot enter unless using the sigil."

Restricting Team Up only negates the feature itself (making it useless). Every day, someone posts on these forums that even with Team Up (at odd hours) they can't get other players to join. This suggestion will only decrease those odds (since it will only group players within 5 levels and will even restrict higher level assistance from those who might be farming). Sounds like your issue is less about Team Up and more about KI's decision to allow all levels for Loremaster.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not really an issue about team up. They should just make pvp gear uneqip itself in pve. Much like mounts do when you enter certain areas.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I've had a few bad experiences with Team Up. Yesterday I was trying to run Hades, but since he shares a dungeon with Cronus it took forever to find a group that was willing to run the boss I needed. People kept leaving, and I'd have to wait for the cooldown to expire before I could try again. I decided to go along with the group and defeat Cronus, but one of the players left and another went AFK for 20 minutes right after entering the duel which caused the remaining two of us to struggle quite a bit. If you don't cast spells for a certain number of rounds, the game should automatically kick you out. I still haven't found a group that's willing to run the Sand Squid boss. I ask them before we start, and they say yes... but then they all leave after Poseidon.

I can almost never find a group for the less popular dungeons. I usually sit in the queue for 20 minutes then try to solo it. I wish they'd offer some kind of incentive for completing Team Up dungeons with people who have never been on your Friends list. That would encourage people to use it more often.

Defender
May 23, 2009
windrunner585 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I've had a few bad experiences with Team Up. Yesterday I was trying to run Hades, but since he shares a dungeon with Cronus it took forever to find a group that was willing to run the boss I needed. People kept leaving, and I'd have to wait for the cooldown to expire before I could try again. I decided to go along with the group and defeat Cronus, but one of the players left and another went AFK for 20 minutes right after entering the duel which caused the remaining two of us to struggle quite a bit. If you don't cast spells for a certain number of rounds, the game should automatically kick you out. I still haven't found a group that's willing to run the Sand Squid boss. I ask them before we start, and they say yes... but then they all leave after Poseidon.

I can almost never find a group for the less popular dungeons. I usually sit in the queue for 20 minutes then try to solo it. I wish they'd offer some kind of incentive for completing Team Up dungeons with people who have never been on your Friends list. That would encourage people to use it more often.
The issue of people leaving / going "afk" (for long periods of time) after entering a dungeon will continue to exist even without the team up feature. I see a flaw with your "incentive" idea. Players could still complete the dungeon by casting 1 spell every 5 minutes which would waste everyone's time on the team. However, I do agree with that non-serious players should get "kicked out" for neglecting to cast a spell for a period of time. I understand if people had to go to the bathroom, pick up the phone, or even cook lunch at the same time when playing. Just keep in mind that these reasons are easier said than done. I would suggest giving a small penalty of some sort for those who enter a dungeon/instance with a team (then leaving and not reentering) after one battle. So, yes, you are free to leave, if you think about peoples' time as well. This is not about having "fun" in the game, but relates more to trolling which is unnecessary.

@Coffee
If those players are annoying you, simply ignore them. If they cannot hold their own weight, how is that your problem? You can even let them go first.

100 . 98 . 90 . 70 . 21 .

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Most high levels can probably do it solo. Even if you only get one other qualified person and two moochers, you will be fine. Even low levels can help by giving you blades. Just deal with it, low level warlords especially need lore spells.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It's ok as is. Any time you have random players there might be some slackers. Team up can't fix that.
It would be nice if Team-up worked more like PvP & Derby so we could move and do things. I agree with Seethe that PvP gear should unequip in PvE.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Most high levels can probably do it solo. Even if you only get one other qualified person and two moochers, you will be fine. Even low levels can help by giving you blades. Just deal with it, low level warlords especially need lore spells.
I personally don't really care when low levels join, they are just trying to improve their characters how ever they can. But I do agree with there being an issue with PvP players joining for free rides. They can't blade or do ANYTHING to help because they have no mana. Drop the PvP Warlord gear and at least help blade, trap, cleanse... Be a part of the team. I've noticed the same thing is starting to occur in Morganthe's Chamber too. People are joining team up, then sit there until they see that everyone else has set up everything. They join last minute and do nothing put pass until the team kills. Making PvP Gear unwearable in PvE instead of just 0 mana would go a long way towards preventing this behavior.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
If a player is able to enter a lit up sigil....then they are qualified for that dungeon. You personally might not like teaming with lower level players in Loremaster, but the Loremaster fight is designed for all levels (just like the possible reward spells. If KI did not want lower level players in Loremaster they wouldn't need to revamp the Team Up system, they would simply level restrict when the quest was available to "light up" the sigil. This goes for any other dungeon as well.

Your suggestion also indicates that anyone above level 50 would not be allowed Team Up assistance into Loremaster either. Most level 55 Balance wizards will have trouble soloing in this dungeon (or at least take longer) and I suspect remaining schools would like to have more teammates (since faster battles equals increased spell drops).

"I would like to request "Team Up" to be turned off for them. This does not mean they cannot enter via sigil, but so that people who are not qualified (I.e. within 5 levels of the appropriate level for the world) cannot enter unless using the sigil."

Restricting Team Up only negates the feature itself (making it useless). Every day, someone posts on these forums that even with Team Up (at odd hours) they can't get other players to join. This suggestion will only decrease those odds (since it will only group players within 5 levels and will even restrict higher level assistance from those who might be farming). Sounds like your issue is less about Team Up and more about KI's decision to allow all levels for Loremaster.
In Response to Oran of Urz...

"Your suggestion also indicates that anyone above level 50 would not be allowed Team Up assistance into Loremaster either. Most level 55 Balance wizards will have trouble soloing in this dungeon (or at least take longer) and I suspect remaining schools would like to have more teammates (since faster battles equals increased spell drops)."

No where in my post did I mention that a player must be lvl 50 or higher to enter. I said a player within 5 levels of the zone should be allowed to use the Team Up feature. Dragonspyre is upper 30s+ zone. Getting to the Antheneum is by no means hard or requires a lot of leveling since it's one of the very first areas. Also, not everyone rolls Balance as there are 7 schools to choose from. If that lvl 55 Balance wizard is having trouble soloing, he should use the Team Up feature to be paired with other Qualified players.

"Restricting Team Up only negates the feature itself (making it useless). Every day, someone posts on these forums that even with Team Up (at odd hours) they can't get other players to join. This suggestion will only decrease those odds (since it will only group players within 5 levels and will even restrict higher level assistance from those who might be farming). Sounds like your issue is less about Team Up and more about KI's decision to allow all levels for Loremaster."

If you have every tried using Team Up on the Loremaster, you would realize that it works within minutes, if not seconds of a full 4 person group, mind you. Is there already a lack of use by the Team Up too? Yes, but that's for desolate zones. High traffic areas such as Loremaster do not apply to this.

"...but the Loremaster fight is designed for all levels (just like the possible reward spells."

This is not true. Anyone can look up the possible rewards from Loremaster and see that gear dropped is 45+. The spells also dropped are all rank 4+ with the majority being rank 5 spells. There is no need for someone in the early stages of Krokotopia, Marleybone, or even stuck in Wizard City to be farming Loremaster for spells. What does a level 15-35 need with rank 5 spells? Am I missing something?

In a nutshell, what this is saying is that anyone 5 levels below the appropriate level for a world should have to use the sigil, not Team Up.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
In response to low level sympathizers...

You can't let a low level "go" by letting the boss KO him/her. He/She could easily join the battle one turn later, thus making the boss target the next player. He/She could also shield spam consistently throughout the entire battle. I've seen this happen on multiple occasions.

I've only seen one or two low levels actually blade someone else and not shield or heal (if they are not wearing pvp gear and have mana to heal). Also, the likely hood of having a low level blade someone of the correct school is 1 in 7.

PvP gear is also an issue. If someone is selfish enough to wear PvP gear in a high level dungeon, expecting a free ride, what makes you think they are going to be a "team player" and blade someone other than shield themself?

Low levels do not need the spells in Loremaster. The spells are rank 4-5. One usually gets those rank spells in their 30s and 40s, not there 10s and 20s.