Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Whenever I try Team Up, there's never anyone else on it. I wait for about 5 minutes, but every time, there's no one. I've tried it in all the dungeons in Deepwater and the first dungeon in the Catacombs, both in Avalon. Is no one using it, or is this a bug? Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
The Fire Buccaneer on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Whenever I try Team Up, there's never anyone else on it. I wait for about 5 minutes, but every time, there's no one. I've tried it in all the dungeons in Deepwater and the first dungeon in the Catacombs, both in Avalon. Is no one using it, or is this a bug? Does anyone else have a problem like this?
Depends on the time of day your on and how many other people are on. Team up is great, depending on the time you use it. I know your questing and need to get something done, but the weekends are probably the best time to find random team mates with team up.

Steven Hawk Promethean and

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Team Up doesn't guarantee a teammate, it allows you to know if another player needs the same dungeon as you (at the same time) without changing realms at the sigils or sitting in the commons asking. If friends are porting to each other, they are less likely to use the Team Up option.

Older dungeons are probably not in high demand. Khrysalis and most of the dungeons that contain highly sought drops are likely to have the most Team Up activity.

I personally had Team Up work on live realm, so I assume no one was using it at the time you were trying and with those particular dungeons.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Oran of Urz on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Team Up doesn't guarantee a teammate, it allows you to know if another player needs the same dungeon as you (at the same time) without changing realms at the sigils or sitting in the commons asking. If friends are porting to each other, they are less likely to use the Team Up option.

Older dungeons are probably not in high demand. Khrysalis and most of the dungeons that contain highly sought drops are likely to have the most Team Up activity.

I personally had Team Up work on live realm, so I assume no one was using it at the time you were trying and with those particular dungeons.
I have also tried the feature for runs through Tortureus, Atlantea, Xibalba, and Waterworks; I live in a weird time zone and often can't play during peak times, so Team Up has been incredibly useful to me. I haven't tried Khrysalis yet, but I will once I start questing there again (all 3 of my wizards there are maxed out).

I would rather play with my real friends, if at all possible, but I've met some nice folks and even made new friends through the Team Up feature. I hope the OP will eventually meet with success!

-von "gettin' medieval on yo' face" shadowsong
20something wizard, antisocial gamer, total weirdo

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
In going around helping in Avalon and Azteca I have found most are still waiting by the event - we have helped a lot in our travels. Whether they don't know about it yet, tried it and didn't get help or just prefer random help in the area I don't know.

I think it's also fair to say these upper areas do have a lot less playing them so that doesn't help either.

I am sure it is more effective for places that are farmed over regular quests.

Mary