Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best pvp moments. :)

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
note: please do not be rude or insult other posters~ gloat about your achievements, but do so without bashing anyone, kthanks.

anyway, since i made this, i guess i'll go first... two in particular from today stand out:
1) "logic and fair play: you're doing both of them wrong."
me (level 34 pyro private) vs level 21 death captain.

he had pvp elite gear, a storm mastery, and crowns stuff that gives him critical. CRITICAL. he would have ended me right then, except that i had my heals up and ready to go.

so i healed. my blades were already up, so i shielded, tossed an infallible tc on and hit him with a massive efreet; it was a one-hitter, even through his tower shield and massive resist. i beat him twice, after which the following conversation took place:

him: "that's not fair, you're 10 levels higher than me."
me: "well, you're a captain; your stats are better than mine. and you have critical, don't you?"
him: *grumble*
me:

(actually, i'm 79 levels higher than you; do not judge a book by its cover, or a wizard by her noobs)

-

2) "being supportive: you're definitely doing it wrong."
me (level 34 pyro private) vs level 47 death private.

this one also had critical and a storm mastery. she also had an annoying friend who insisted on yelling obnoxious things from the sidelines. i mean, i understand cheering for your friend, but this.... this was over the top.

obnoxious friend: "yay [friend], this gonna be so easy!"

it looked like she had me at first, because her pirate hit critical and did about 800 damage through my tower shield... but i'd been banking my pips. so i pulled out my fire elemental and let him get rid of her shields while i spammed weakness.

obnoxious friend: "go [friend], show her what you got!"

when i was ready to hit, i cast infallible and hit her with efreet, followed by immolate. ironically, that's not what did it... it was the final tick from my minion's fire elf that ended the duel (and, thankfully, the obnoxious friend's commentary).

obnoxious friend: "omg [friend]!!!"
me:

-

so what are your proudest moments? i know all of you have them, so i look forward to hearing everyone's stories!

-von "velawesomeraptor" shadowsong

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
note: please do not be rude or insult other posters~ gloat about your achievements, but do so without bashing anyone, kthanks.

anyway, since i made this, i guess i'll go first... two in particular from today stand out:

he had pvp elite gear, a storm mastery, and crowns stuff that gives him critical. CRITICAL. he would have ended me right then, except that i had my heals up and ready to go.

so i healed. my blades were already up, so i shielded, tossed an infallible tc on and hit him with a massive efreet; it was a one-hitter, even through his tower shield and massive resist. i beat him twice, after which the following conversation took place:

me: "well, you're a captain; your stats are better than mine. and you have critical, don't you?"
me:

(actually, i'm 79 levels higher than you; do not judge a book by its cover, or a wizard by her noobs)

-

this one also had critical and a storm mastery. she also had an annoying friend who insisted on yelling obnoxious things from the sidelines. i mean, i understand cheering for your friend, but this.... this was over the top.

it looked like she had me at first, because her pirate hit critical and did about 800 damage through my tower shield... but i'd been banking my pips. so i pulled out my fire elemental and let him get rid of her shields while i spammed weakness.

when i was ready to hit, i cast infallible and hit her with efreet, followed by immolate. ironically, that's not what did it... it was the final tick from my minion's fire elf that ended the duel (and, thankfully, the obnoxious friend's commentary).

me:

-

so what are your proudest moments? i know all of you have them, so i look forward to hearing everyone's stories!

I was facing this one Fire captain on my Myth Captain/Sergeant/Veteran, soon to be Warlord. I was going second. Okay, that was the first thing that made my stomach drop. It was nearing midgame and I saw his stack of pips. Another stomach drop. I could sense a seven-pip Dragon flying my way and I had seven pips myself, so I hit him with a Kraken after he tried to hit me with the dragon.

First stroke of luck because his dragon fizzled. My hit forced him to heal and allowed me to summon my troll minion. After that I decided to tower shield because that row of white pips was still scary. He tried to use another huge spell. It fizzled again.

His supposed to be killing spell fizzled five times in a row and by that time my minion had worn him down enough that I could kill him with my last Kraken. I won by the skin on my teeth, as I had 57 health left. He was not pleased afterward and, unfortunately, he had friends. The good news is that I was able to ignore them all and port away before any false reports happened.

My next best match ended up in a tie. I was facing a Balance Knight and he managed to kill me before I killed him. The problem for him was that I had summoned my minion and gotten him down to the health range where a wand hit would kill him. My minion cast the finishing spell and the match ended up in a tie. We both had a laugh about it afterwards and he added me. I think that out of all the PvP players I've met, he's the one I respect the most.

My last good match was against another Myth. Oh dear, this means minion control and double hits. And a healing pet. Joy. I finally found out a trick to keeping an opponent's minions down and I managed to double shield myself just before his Orthrus hit. I was hurt, but so was he and the Kraken I cast the round after had his head going in circles. Of all the matches I've had, this is the one in which I feel I accomplished the most. I managed to survive a double hit and keep his minions in control and, to top it off, I won.

And then of course, there are the practice matches I've held against friends. I've gained nothing tangible, but I've learned a lot and their help is what has made me the Warlord I am today. The icing on top is that my friends and I have a joke saying that soon, the world shall end, as I have finally gained the Warlord badge and full Commander's Set.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011

me:

-

me:

-

I see that you feel that crowns gear really gives those who have it an advantage in pvp, but at your lvl you can get the zeus gear from mount olympus or use vet gear or commander gear (if you have it). There are great sets of gear out there that don't require you to buy them with crowns but it may take a little work to get them. As for my proudest moment, I will speak of it another time.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

me:

-

me:

-

My best moments have probably been when I survive by tiny amounts of health and come back for a win, or when I beat level 95s on my level 50 balance. A bit off topic, but my worst moment was probably when I had gotten a life down to one health, and he came back and beat me..just one of the advantages of being life, I guess.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

me:

-

me:

-

Hehehehe I have a lot of them..I think I'll share my favorite. On my level 30 Balance I was up against a level 50 Warlord from second. I had about 1500-1600 rank and she had maybe 900-1000. She was obnoxious..but I didn't find that out till after the battle. So I get into the arena and groan because I see the level 50 Warlord (main problem here being critical) but get ready for a battle. I start off with my usual building of pips. I shield and weakness, not to the point of spamming but just enough to keep me safe. Then I put up infallible and use Savage Paw to try and lower her health. After that I see that she isn't doing much besides putting on blades and is one pip away from full pips. By chance I had a cloaked Balance dispel in hand (Trolololol)..*side note: always carry cloak on low to mid level*. So I cast the dispel, she used infallible the turn I cast the dispel. The next turn I draw another Paw, which I hit with to try and continue lowering her health. The turn starts, she has full power pips..and she never saw it coming. The judge that was never to be. The next turn I was as all of those pips..disappeared! It was great. I ended up having to use 2 more Paws along with infections in between so she didn't heal.

After the match I said "gg" and the first thing out of her mouth was "noob" I fought for myself a little (using Von's you're 20 levels above me! thing) and that I beat her from second. I refused to call her names so she had nothing to report me for. I clicked that handy little ignore button and left it at that.

My favorite victory,
Wolf Legend

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
Defender
Mar 08, 2013
I was in a tourney with my mid-level fire. The last dot of my heck hound killed my opponent (myth), and then right after on the same turn, his minion killed me with troll. We both lost that round lol.

In a classic tourney with my mid-level storm. I was going second and my opponent decided to attack me instead of shielding because I had 1 power pip. I knew the only chance I had of winning was my wild bolt, so I casted it. I barely survived and my bolt did the 1000 for me to win.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
stormninja542 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I see that you feel that crowns gear really gives those who have it an advantage in pvp, but at your lvl you can get the zeus gear from mount olympus or use vet gear or commander gear (if you have it). There are great sets of gear out there that don't require you to buy them with crowns but it may take a little work to get them. As for my proudest moment, I will speak of it another time.
i have 3 prometheans; i know very well what is available and how to get it.

and yes, crowns gear gives a huge advantage: namely stupid amounts of resist (which, fortunately, can be countered with infallible) and accuracy boosts, plus critical at low levels, which cannot be blocked with in-game items (even the mt. olympus set). and, in case you forgot, a private does not have access to the pvp elite gear.

great stories, everyone~ keep 'em coming!

-von
newly vetted, 1st-age sergeant

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Dr Von on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
i have 3 prometheans; i know very well what is available and how to get it.

and yes, crowns gear gives a huge advantage: namely stupid amounts of resist (which, fortunately, can be countered with infallible) and accuracy boosts, plus critical at low levels, which cannot be blocked with in-game items (even the mt. olympus set). and, in case you forgot, a private does not have access to the pvp elite gear.

great stories, everyone~ keep 'em coming!

-von
newly vetted, 1st-age sergeant
Yes, I do know that you can only get arena gear once you have the tickets and the required rank. I was just stating ways to help you get decent gear so crowns gear is not a problem anymore. No need to be on the defensive side, I am just trying to help (but apparently you don't need it, sorry for interrupting).