Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mulligan potion needed!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I've trained a lot of pets, and I routinely am disappointed at some of the training results. Really? 6 Epic skills and he gets the only common skill on the list? This is especially infuriating up around the mega level when you have so much time and snackage invested in a rare pet, and he comes up with "dogged" or something lame. Can the potions masters come up with a crown potion that will undo a level-up and allow us to try again?
Another option that I think a lot of people will find useful would be a "hatching separator" for those unhappy with hatching results. There have been a few combinations that turned out terrible that I wish I hadn't have spent 42,000 gold on. If Dr. Purreau could invent something like that- I'd be happy with a 50% refund from undoing botched hatchings.
Either way, being able to take a mulligan would make some very happy pet trainers!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Morgrim Stormtalon on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I've trained a lot of pets, and I routinely am disappointed at some of the training results. Really? 6 Epic skills and he gets the only common skill on the list? This is especially infuriating up around the mega level when you have so much time and snackage invested in a rare pet, and he comes up with "dogged" or something lame. Can the potions masters come up with a crown potion that will undo a level-up and allow us to try again?
Another option that I think a lot of people will find useful would be a "hatching separator" for those unhappy with hatching results. There have been a few combinations that turned out terrible that I wish I hadn't have spent 42,000 gold on. If Dr. Purreau could invent something like that- I'd be happy with a 50% refund from undoing botched hatchings.
Either way, being able to take a mulligan would make some very happy pet trainers!
Talents are determined at hatching, not while training. Under the current programming, there isn't any way to "undo" an unwanted talent because there is no other talent that the pet can learn. Talents are set when a pet is hatched. The other 5 talents in their list are just for passing on those possible traits to the next pet. What you're asking for would be a massive reprogramming of the basics of the whole pet system.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
No no, I don't mean to re-configure the talents- they are what they are as soon as they're hatched. I get that. However, you can only activate a limited number of talents (that already exist) through training. A crown potion would allow you to "re-roll the dice" on which talents get activated as the pet ages a level, which can give you a better chance at getting something useful. Hence "doing a Mulligan".

Am I making sense here? Anybody else "Get it"?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Morgrim Stormtalon on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
No no, I don't mean to re-configure the talents- they are what they are as soon as they're hatched. I get that. However, you can only activate a limited number of talents (that already exist) through training. A crown potion would allow you to "re-roll the dice" on which talents get activated as the pet ages a level, which can give you a better chance at getting something useful. Hence "doing a Mulligan".

Am I making sense here? Anybody else "Get it"?
I understand what you want, I know what a mulligan is, and I explained why it's not possible under the current program. There are 5 talents set at hatch period. You don't get a mulligan with babies, sorry. You can't send back the one you got for everything same but "I want blue eyes on the new one". There's also no reason for KI to change the system. It loses a LOT of money for KI with really very minimal benefit for most players.