Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone explain this to me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I was in this pvp match today on my warlord myth ranked 1760 with my friends that were around 1560 and 1650 and somehow we got promethean warlords sure they were 900 but still how does that make sense I mean we aren't even above 2000

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
they don't get or have not figured it out yet, I'm actually in lne for pvp match and there's two set of us in same level yet we wait go figure

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
lol no I timed out wait rofl really fortune 500 please

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Kingsisle tries to make Ranked PvP as fair as possible by matching you up with a person of a Rank and Level close to yours. Since he's a Warlord, you end up getting matched up with him. Trust me, it's not always gonna be fair in Level nor Rank. Today, I've ATTEMPTED to do PvP (even thou I'm absolutely horrible and I now have 3 wins and 9 losts), I was in a 2v2 and I got matched up with a private on my team and a Veteran and Commander on the other team. I'm a private with no knowledge of how to PvP and survive (LOL) but still, the system still has it's flaws I suppose since everything has flaws no matter how much you try to perfect it. Just row with it, the system will match you up with someone either of close Level or close Rank. Also, this one other time I had a life character for the soul purpose of getting the Coat of Invincibility for my Death Character (before I did my "No Trade item stitched with Tradable item" test), I was once matched up with a Commander in a 1v1 even thou I was private. When I say test, well, I'm the kind of person that gets curious. When I'm curious I search or test, when I've searched up or tested what I was curious about, then I learn and when I learn I remember. I do a lot of tests which most of the time would include spells but some includes gear. In the "No Trade item stitched with Tradable item" test, I've learned that even if you used the No Trade item as the Appearance only, the end gear result will then say No Trade along with it's stats even thou the No Trade item was used only as the appearance. Once again with the PvP system, since he's a warlord, I'm guessing his warlord rank made him a person that the system thought would be fair. It might be a flaw and it might not be, who knows...

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
James PearlSteed on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
I was in this pvp match today on my warlord myth ranked 1760 with my friends that were around 1560 and 1650 and somehow we got promethean warlords sure they were 900 but still how does that make sense I mean we aren't even above 2000
I am guessing your around level 50-60? its not clear only says rank here. I face 90's 1v1 with a low rank of 1400's. is it fair? nope i simply can not block 400+ critical ratings that these players have as a level 60.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Hey sorry I didn't give levels, we were all level 60-62

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Sorry, man. The matchmaking in this game is absolutely horrible. There's a rank wall at 1400 rank where you stop getting anyone your level. (Rank wall is at 1400 for legendary, not sure for grandmaster. I'd imagine around 1700-1800) But at around 1350, you ONLY, and I mean ONLY get prometheans. Sorry to hear it, but there's NO way around it. I (had) a legendary balance, but I quit legendary pvp and started to level up. No point in playing at level 60 if I get level 95s, might as well go to 95 myself, you know?