Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tournament Refund!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Hi I wanted to express how disappointed I am with Kings Isle and the Tournaments. I was excited when I saw a commercial for Wizard101 Tournaments on TV. So I got online and I paid my 850 crowns to enter a tournament and then after waiting for awhile for the start of the tournament. Diego tells me I couldn't be placed on a team and I would get entry into the next tournament. I thought ok no problem. I kept trying different tournaments and every time I try to join I get shut out and Diego says that I couldn't be placed. This gone on for a while now. I eventually said the heck with the team tournament and went and tried to join the 1v1 tournaments thinking I couldn't get shut out if I am entering a 1v1 tournament. I was wrong both 1v1 tournaments I was again Shut out and Diego's Now Annoying Voice telling me I couldn't be placed in a bracket, REALLY I don't even want to participate anymore and I think Kings Isle needs to do good on the situation and refund my crowns for this tournament since I've been denied entry repeatedly.

And Diego owes me an apology

Destiny Darkwhisper

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
i hate when that happens and last time it didn't even let me join and it didn't say i couldn't join so i probably wont be able to go to another one unless i pay

Community Leader
I find it best to try tournaments on the weekends or late afternoon evening. It also depends on your level. My level 72 doesn't always get in tournaments. It just depends on how many around your level bracket are joining that tournament. I'm just happy we don't lose the crowns, it just carries over till we can get in one. I think trying for teams is even harder to get in cause Diego has to find a team that fits your level.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2013
Careless Chris Eas... on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Hi I wanted to express how disappointed I am with Kings Isle and the Tournaments. I was excited when I saw a commercial for Wizard101 Tournaments on TV. So I got online and I paid my 850 crowns to enter a tournament and then after waiting for awhile for the start of the tournament. Diego tells me I couldn't be placed on a team and I would get entry into the next tournament. I thought ok no problem. I kept trying different tournaments and every time I try to join I get shut out and Diego says that I couldn't be placed. This gone on for a while now. I eventually said the heck with the team tournament and went and tried to join the 1v1 tournaments thinking I couldn't get shut out if I am entering a 1v1 tournament. I was wrong both 1v1 tournaments I was again Shut out and Diego's Now Annoying Voice telling me I couldn't be placed in a bracket, REALLY I don't even want to participate anymore and I think Kings Isle needs to do good on the situation and refund my crowns for this tournament since I've been denied entry repeatedly.

And Diego owes me an apology

Destiny Darkwhisper
Lol I think Diego does owe you an apology. But couldn't you just 1v1 before you tried to team up and waste all that crowns? Just a suggestion and I'm sorry you lost all those crowns.

~Colin

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
This is still a legitimate request. Diego never says up front that you might not actually get to enter. He never says you have to be such and such a level to be given a bracket. He definitely never says you won't get your crowns back if you join and this happens.

If you can't play a tournament, you really should get a refund so you can at least buy something you like with your money. If you don't get refunded, tournaments eerily resemble a broken soda machine that eats your money.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I think they should just change tournaments so that you have to pay when you hit "Go to the Arena", much like in Ranked PvP, and shouldn't let you join the tournament in the first place if you don't have the crowns.