Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm needs more health

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
Dear fellow wizard101 players. I have a level 50 balance, level 40 storm and ice and level 25 myth, but out of all of these, storm really annoys me the most. The accuracy seems to be a great price for the insane damage but the low health is a bit low. My level 1 ice has more health than a level 5 storm with gear. At level 40 both have decent gear, but my ice has 2779 health and storm only has 1634 health. What up with that! I never solo bosses, it's impossible! Even fighting regular enemies roaming the streets can be a challenge. MY balance is amazing though with all the shields and judgment is nice. If you were picking a school I would say pick balance over storm any day.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jenna GriffonBane on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Dear fellow wizard101 players. I have a level 50 balance, level 40 storm and ice and level 25 myth, but out of all of these, storm really annoys me the most. The accuracy seems to be a great price for the insane damage but the low health is a bit low. My level 1 ice has more health than a level 5 storm with gear. At level 40 both have decent gear, but my ice has 2779 health and storm only has 1634 health. What up with that! I never solo bosses, it's impossible! Even fighting regular enemies roaming the streets can be a challenge. MY balance is amazing though with all the shields and judgment is nice. If you were picking a school I would say pick balance over storm any day.
No, they do not. Storm has the strongest spells and the highest fizzle rate with the lowest health for a reason. Storm is not easy, but once you get past the early levels and get gear with accuracy boost, you can pretty much solo without problem until the really high levels.

As I said in your last post, all schools balance out eventually. There are reasons for high/low health, spell strength, etc.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I agree storm does have low health but you will start to be rewarded. As a lvl 95 storm i have 3700 heath with decent gear, and the path their is quick because big hits help you clear out monsters easy. It gets alot easier with good spells to solo and speed thru quests with the right strategies.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Ah, you simply need to buy some gear with greater health or accuracy. Storm has plenty of damage, and needs to have a sort of balance between powers. If one school had it all, the game wouldn't be any fun. If balance had more attack than more ways to heal than more health than and more interesting ways to disarm your opponent than , then guess what school everyone would go to. That's right, balance. ( If your really that upset about it I suggest buying gear with health, then finding a STORM pet and training it up. It will most likely give you some accuracy.)

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Storm isn't very hard. You just have to attack before the enemies get a chance to do any damage. :)

~ Vanessa

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Jenna GriffonBane on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
No, storm does NOT need more health. Yes, they give up health and accuracy but they do it for insane damage. Fire gives up health and accuracy too but their spells aren't as strong, but they have a little more accuracy and health. Storm doesn't need anymore health.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Survivor
May 11, 2013
I have a storm wizard in azteca and it's not hard (after you get your waterworks gear). At those levels you got to set your deck up the proper way. I used to be in dragonspyre when everything was hard and soloed most of it! But not the final dungeon because I needed 2 other people.