Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanting Shields...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Everyone knows that there are already Sun School Spells that can enchant attack spells, healing spells, blades, and traps, right? Well, what if there was one that could enchant a Shield? I think it'll make PvP a little bit more interesting (I don't do PvP so for me, it'll make it a little bit more interesting to watch except the fact that battles COULD last longer). The shield enchant spell could strengthen it by 5% or 10%. The spell will be able to protect you a little bit more. If you can think of them, tell me the goods and the bads about his idea. Tell me how this idea could help us and (if there is any) how this idea would make things worse

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Everyone knows that there are already Sun School Spells that can enchant attack spells, healing spells, blades, and traps, right? Well, what if there was one that could enchant a Shield? I think it'll make PvP a little bit more interesting (I don't do PvP so for me, it'll make it a little bit more interesting to watch except the fact that battles COULD last longer). The shield enchant spell could strengthen it by 5% or 10%. The spell will be able to protect you a little bit more. If you can think of them, tell me the goods and the bads about his idea. Tell me how this idea could help us and (if there is any) how this idea would make things worse
I would bet on something along those lines coming out. If not in Khrysalis Prt. 2, then whatever comes at the end of the year. Something that can counter BIG pierce. Like what comes with the new shadow magic.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
I have been thinking about this since I learned about sun spells. You are very right. I like the idea of better stacked shields, especially for certain storm bosses.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I really doubt they will add a defense enchantment. Same reason they don't have any defensive potions in the crown shop. Defensive gear has already gotten so high that every school can become immune to multiple schools already. I personally don't waste space on shields, so it really doesn't matter to me. I think pvp would be the main issue. People complain already about spammed towers, imagine the complaints about spammed STACKED towers.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
protective: +15% to 1 shield, +20% 1 tower shield, elemental and spirit shield, +175 absorb to 1 absorb