Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nodor, Alissar, and other Mentioned Areas

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
I had my mind wrapped around Alissar and Nodor and I wanted to start some discussion on some general opinions and outlooks.

Alissar and Nodor are 2 mentioned areas of Zafaria and Avalon, and have lead me to make a few guesses about future content. Many players believe Nodor is a world all it's own, but I think both places are possible extensions for Zafaria and Avalon.

Let's start with Alissar, which I'm sure most Wizards aren't that familiar with. Alissar was mentioned in the side quest "Long Memory" of Zafaria. It's only discription is that it's a Lost City and that Queen Elissa, first queen of the Elephants, was an exile from there Alissar. Within the quest, which was to console with a book to learn the history, we learn that Queen Elissa fled Zafaria to learn magic in the Spiral, which confirms Alissar is another area of Zafaria.
Whether or not the writers wish to leave Alissar a Lost City or come back to expand the story has yet to be seen, but there is a possiblity. I would like Alissar to touch upon the possibility of Moon magic in Zafaria, where no such spells were presented. It also give us a chance to see a less vibrate side of Zafaria and a more ruined or abandoned style.

Nodor is another possible new area, but this time for Avalon. It was first mentioned in the quest "I Wanna Be Adored." From the descriptions Now many players believe Nodor is a world or an extension to Grizzlehiem. But from looking into the quest, I think Nodor is another possible area to Avalon. Innes Idle calls it a Brisk Land, and not so much a world. And in order to find Nodor, he needed a map, which are not needed to locate worlds (with the exception of El Dorado).
Also, it was mentioned that Wolly Mammoths and Frozen Fomori inhabited the place. From the Ice School quest, it was revealed Wolly Mammoths are found in Grizzlehiem, and thus a connection between GH and Nodor could be made. But, after multiple updates over the years, I've come to find that creatures are not limited to 1 world. Water-Moles live in Celestia and Skull Island, you could find Foxes in Avalon and Marleybone, Pigs are in MooShu and Wysteria etc. etc.
Finally, there are dropped Ice gear all over Avalon that include the name "Nodor" and because those items can only be gained in Avalon, I think Nodor is better slated for Avalon.
If the area did come about, I'd like to see an explanation on how it got so cold, and a new story on the beloved world.

I would like KI to expand more worlds beyond Wizard City and Grizzlehiem and I would hope they consider working on these as side updates to a major expansion update. There are also plenty other mentioned areas throughout the story. What are some you'd like to see?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
I had my mind wrapped around Alissar and Nodor and I wanted to start some discussion on some general opinions and outlooks.

Alissar and Nodor are 2 mentioned areas of Zafaria and Avalon, and have lead me to make a few guesses about future content. Many players believe Nodor is a world all it's own, but I think both places are possible extensions for Zafaria and Avalon.

Let's start with Alissar, which I'm sure most Wizards aren't that familiar with. Alissar was mentioned in the side quest "Long Memory" of Zafaria. It's only discription is that it's a Lost City and that Queen Elissa, first queen of the Elephants, was an exile from there Alissar. Within the quest, which was to console with a book to learn the history, we learn that Queen Elissa fled Zafaria to learn magic in the Spiral, which confirms Alissar is another area of Zafaria.
Whether or not the writers wish to leave Alissar a Lost City or come back to expand the story has yet to be seen, but there is a possiblity. I would like Alissar to touch upon the possibility of Moon magic in Zafaria, where no such spells were presented. It also give us a chance to see a less vibrate side of Zafaria and a more ruined or abandoned style.

Nodor is another possible new area, but this time for Avalon. It was first mentioned in the quest "I Wanna Be Adored." From the descriptions Now many players believe Nodor is a world or an extension to Grizzlehiem. But from looking into the quest, I think Nodor is another possible area to Avalon. Innes Idle calls it a Brisk Land, and not so much a world. And in order to find Nodor, he needed a map, which are not needed to locate worlds (with the exception of El Dorado).
Also, it was mentioned that Wolly Mammoths and Frozen Fomori inhabited the place. From the Ice School quest, it was revealed Wolly Mammoths are found in Grizzlehiem, and thus a connection between GH and Nodor could be made. But, after multiple updates over the years, I've come to find that creatures are not limited to 1 world. Water-Moles live in Celestia and Skull Island, you could find Foxes in Avalon and Marleybone, Pigs are in MooShu and Wysteria etc. etc.
Finally, there are dropped Ice gear all over Avalon that include the name "Nodor" and because those items can only be gained in Avalon, I think Nodor is better slated for Avalon.
If the area did come about, I'd like to see an explanation on how it got so cold, and a new story on the beloved world.

I would like KI to expand more worlds beyond Wizard City and Grizzlehiem and I would hope they consider working on these as side updates to a major expansion update. There are also plenty other mentioned areas throughout the story. What are some you'd like to see?
~ Hello Cunningham. I must thank you since I really enjoy these topics. Anyways, I wanted to share my insight on it. So here I go...

Personally I think Alissar, Nodor, Yago, Darkmoor, Gobblerton, Polaris, Empyrea, and CandyLand are all worlds by themselves. Excluding Gobblerton and Candyland, I believe they're one world together. (And yes, I'm aware I didn't mention Mirage.)

But even though they may be separated they may share similar cultures. And that's probably because when the Spiral split apart either the civilizations there at the time were closely united or when ships were introduced lots of trading and culture was passed around. And I have one other theory. This theory is that in the Spiral Alissar is near Zafaria and maybe Celestia, Yago is near Empyrea and Celesta, Empyrea is Near Aquila and Yago, Gobblerton/Candy World are in the Wizard City cluster (Like Wysteria.), Darkmoor is somewhere in the outer reaches of the Spiral maybe near Cool Ranch and Khrysalis, and Polaris, Nodor, and Grizzlehiem/Wintertusk are somewhere north near Avalon, meanwhile Avalon rests near Marleybone.

(If any of that makes sense...)

That's my theory...

~Sincerely, Hunter....

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I am not sure about Nodor but I can tell you for sure that Alissar is known to be an entire world. If I am correct though it is not a world inside the spiral.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
At first I was confused by a lot of this conversation. Then I realized... are you all talking about Wizard101 and Pirate101 and connecting the two games? Granted, I know the two games are supposed to share the same spiral, but on the other hand, it is two separate games. Becomes confusing when you're talking about the two games and not even saying so.

In any case, I only got to level 25 on Pirate101, so I do not know much about that game. But for future reference, when talking about the two games on this site, please mention it. Not everyone from Wizard101 has dabbled in Pirate101.

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame (95)

Historian
May 06, 2009
Mello Lily on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
At first I was confused by a lot of this conversation. Then I realized... are you all talking about Wizard101 and Pirate101 and connecting the two games? Granted, I know the two games are supposed to share the same spiral, but on the other hand, it is two separate games. Becomes confusing when you're talking about the two games and not even saying so.

In any case, I only got to level 25 on Pirate101, so I do not know much about that game. But for future reference, when talking about the two games on this site, please mention it. Not everyone from Wizard101 has dabbled in Pirate101.

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame (95)
I was specifically refering to Wizard101 only. Nodor and Alissar were only mentioned within Wizard101 and I was starting a discussion over people's opinions of the possibilies of these areas and other mentioned worlds within Wizard101. I never made a single statement toward Pirate101.

I don't support a merge of the 2 games because the developers have already stated it's not technically possible and the gameplay of the games are very contradictory. What I do support is Wizards and Pirates going to the same worlds (within their respected guidelines), certain characters appearing in both games, and referencing each other, which they already do. Examples include:

Dragonspyre: Wizards and Pirates both go to Dragonspyre; Wizards stay on the main island, the Dragonspyre you are familiar with, and Pirates go to Avernus Skyway, a region far away from Dragonspyre's major location

Mooshu: Wizards stay within the Imperial Realm of MooShu, where the Emporer lives, while Pirates venture on the outskirts of Mooshu, where the smaller residents live.

Marleybone: Pirates battle a war in Westminister Skyway, just in front of Marleybone, while Wizards solve a major criminal break out within the city of Marleybone. Meowiarty appears in both games.

Aquila: Where Wizards partake in the Immortal Games against the Immortals, Pirates help end a major war between the Eagles and the Ophidians. Orpheus appears in both games.

There have also been mentionings of Valencia and Polaris in Wizard101, and both of those worlds (Valencia already) will appear in Pirate101's story. Monquistans made an appearance in Azteca of Wizard101, but Pirates had already made a close encounter with them on Monquista.

I support KI doing things like this. Making the games tied together without breaking the bank by trying to have Wizards and Pirates meet up. They live in the same universe, can go to the same worlds (when needed), but stay on their parts of the world.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I was specifically refering to Wizard101 only. Nodor and Alissar were only mentioned within Wizard101 and I was starting a discussion over people's opinions of the possibilies of these areas and other mentioned worlds within Wizard101. I never made a single statement toward Pirate101.

I don't support a merge of the 2 games because the developers have already stated it's not technically possible and the gameplay of the games are very contradictory. What I do support is Wizards and Pirates going to the same worlds (within their respected guidelines), certain characters appearing in both games, and referencing each other, which they already do. Examples include:

Dragonspyre: Wizards and Pirates both go to Dragonspyre; Wizards stay on the main island, the Dragonspyre you are familiar with, and Pirates go to Avernus Skyway, a region far away from Dragonspyre's major location

Mooshu: Wizards stay within the Imperial Realm of MooShu, where the Emporer lives, while Pirates venture on the outskirts of Mooshu, where the smaller residents live.

Marleybone: Pirates battle a war in Westminister Skyway, just in front of Marleybone, while Wizards solve a major criminal break out within the city of Marleybone. Meowiarty appears in both games.

Aquila: Where Wizards partake in the Immortal Games against the Immortals, Pirates help end a major war between the Eagles and the Ophidians. Orpheus appears in both games.

There have also been mentionings of Valencia and Polaris in Wizard101, and both of those worlds (Valencia already) will appear in Pirate101's story. Monquistans made an appearance in Azteca of Wizard101, but Pirates had already made a close encounter with them on Monquista.

I support KI doing things like this. Making the games tied together without breaking the bank by trying to have Wizards and Pirates meet up. They live in the same universe, can go to the same worlds (when needed), but stay on their parts of the world.
Sorry, was not specifically directed to you. Emerald was going into Pirate101 terms.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Mello Lily on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, was not specifically directed to you. Emerald was going into Pirate101 terms.
Hello. I would like to point out that I did kind of say it might not make sense. Just no in these exact words. And I wasn't just going into Pirate101 terms Wizard101 does use them occasionally.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Emerald9649 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello. I would like to point out that I did kind of say it might not make sense. Just no in these exact words. And I wasn't just going into Pirate101 terms Wizard101 does use them occasionally.
"Cool Ranch" is Pirate101, for example. Anyway, I am not here to argue, so any misunderstandings on your's or my side is now cleared up, in my opinion. I don't intend to attack people, so if you felt that way, I apologise.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Under the assumption pirates and wizards finished the worlds at the same time, I composed a story line.

Wizards Pirates
----------- Skull Island
Wizard City Monquistan
Krokotopia Valencia
Marleybone Cool Ranch
Mooshu Mooshu
Dragonspyre Marleybone
Celestia Aquila
Zafaria
Avalon
Azteca
Khrysalis

Now this storyline makes sense because we meet Orpheus 40 levels AFTER the pirates went to Aquila, and the Pirates meet Meowiarty AFTER we get through Marleybone. In p101 in Mooshu there is a puppet show about Malistaire poisoning the emperor, and that is why the warlords are going crazy. Which implies that Wizards and Pirates are in Mooshu at the same exact time. Also, this makes sense because it has been said Pirate101 starts a bit before Wizard101.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Cunning,

Like always, I like your overall thoughts on subjects, but I have over the (year and 1/2?) since Wysteria has been out, and the rabbit mage that has us seal the Goblin portal, may I make one comment?

She mentioned the she came from Weirwood, which seemed at first to be a world in itself, but after traveling through Avalon, it seems that the Wild is where she came from, and to her it is called Weirwood. And when she came from Avalon was chased by the Goblins from Caer Lyon, since that is where any Goblins are at near a portal.

And while there are Goblins near the Catacombs gate, there isn't any woods. Just like Mirage could mean Krokotopia (seeing something that isn't there). Any before anyone starts splitting hairs, yes I realize that there ain't anything but Kroks, dogs and manders there.

Timothy Pearlflower, Harbinger of Light

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Cunning,

Like always, I like your overall thoughts on subjects, but I have over the (year and 1/2?) since Wysteria has been out, and the rabbit mage that has us seal the Goblin portal, may I make one comment?

She mentioned the she came from Weirwood, which seemed at first to be a world in itself, but after traveling through Avalon, it seems that the Wild is where she came from, and to her it is called Weirwood. And when she came from Avalon was chased by the Goblins from Caer Lyon, since that is where any Goblins are at near a portal.

And while there are Goblins near the Catacombs gate, there isn't any woods. Just like Mirage could mean Krokotopia (seeing something that isn't there). Any before anyone starts splitting hairs, yes I realize that there ain't anything but Kroks, dogs and manders there.

Do not forget that we've only experienced a limited amount of culture during our travels to Krokotpia on Wizard101. Who's to say that in the outer lands that Krokotopia's culture doesn't change a little?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Sean Firesword on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Under the assumption pirates and wizards finished the worlds at the same time, I composed a story line.

Wizards Pirates
----------- Skull Island
Wizard City Monquistan
Krokotopia Valencia
Marleybone Cool Ranch
Mooshu Mooshu
Dragonspyre Marleybone
Celestia Aquila
Zafaria
Avalon
Azteca
Khrysalis

Now this storyline makes sense because we meet Orpheus 40 levels AFTER the pirates went to Aquila, and the Pirates meet Meowiarty AFTER we get through Marleybone. In p101 in Mooshu there is a puppet show about Malistaire poisoning the emperor, and that is why the warlords are going crazy. Which implies that Wizards and Pirates are in Mooshu at the same exact time. Also, this makes sense because it has been said Pirate101 starts a bit before Wizard101.
I like your story line analysis. I've sometimes considered Pirates entering Skull Island a little bit before Wizards enter Wizard City.The games are roughly (emphasis on roughly) taking place at the same time. It's reasons like that why niether of the writers use dates or time frames (with the exception of Celestia (sank centuries ago (200+)), Azteca (ten years since Xibalba came), and Khrysalis (Hundred Year War)). Sometimes they can end up stepping on their own tails....if they have tails so to speak.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Emerald9649 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Do not forget that we've only experienced a limited amount of culture during our travels to Krokotpia on Wizard101. Who's to say that in the outer lands that Krokotopia's culture doesn't change a little?
Emerald,

Even after having finished Krokotopia years ago, I wouldn't mind if KI put side worlds into the 1st Arc worlds like Grizzleheim and Wizard City. It seems strange that KI hasn't done that more while side world questing while working on the story line for the 3rd Arc (Like Aquila).

Yes, people might have anger issues going through 1 world to get to another, but it did provide time to save others (just not the frozen bears in Wintertusk).