Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What were these spells?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Hi,
Ive just came out of a PvP with someone who used 2 star spells (I think) and they had '?' on them. He put one on me and 3 on himself but they lasted the whole match. When I hit him with a myth spell it came up -50% but they all were still there . What were they?

Thanks

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Allysa0226 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi,
Ive just came out of a PvP with someone who used 2 star spells (I think) and they had '?' on them. He put one on me and 3 on himself but they lasted the whole match. When I hit him with a myth spell it came up -50% but they all were still there . What were they?

Thanks
What you came across was the spell Cloak it hides any charm, trap, and wards they place on anyone. It will have a question mark on the blade or shield. Cost one Training Point from Diego outside the arena.

Here is a link for the spell:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Cloak

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Cloaks...
It hides your buffs/shields/dispels so nobody except you (and your team) can know what it is.

~ Vanessa

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Allysa0226 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Those are cloaked spells. Cloak can be placed on charms and wards, and can be purchased from diego the duelmaster for 1 training point, or can be gotten as a treasure card.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
My best guess would be that he used the sun spell cloak to hide the buffs and debuffs he placed. When this happens you don't know what he used so the outcome could be very bad for you. You don't know what elements his shields block nor do you know what elements he caused to be decreased for you. I've seen skilled players pull this before and the outcomes range from the scales tipping immensely in the users favor.. or balancing out the odds between 2 wizards.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Hi, I am not entirely sure about this answer but.. Maybe it was a spell that was casted with another spell or something related to the spell cloak. It blocked you from seeing what it really is!

- Kaitlyn StarFlame