Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

flying cars!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 27, 2013
hi. i just came up with another idea with my friend.

Maybe we should add flying cars!?

you know, we can go to anyplace we want in that world!

they would appear in the main location of that world and you can travel to anywhere in that world except in dungeons ( you can go to where the sigils are).

rather than walking wholeplace, we could add these and travel wherever we want!

also would shorten time on quests

i agree on this, but it would be great!

what do you guys think about it!?

Kaitlyn lifeblossom, level 50

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Wizard101 has absolutely no worlds with the technology of flying cars, except Marleybone, so these will look out of place. Also, walking everywhere can be boring, but it allows players to see all the scenery that the developers worked so hard on. Why make so much scenery when no one will bother to look at it? Another problem, many areas have roofs over them, so what will Kingsisle do? Get rid of the roofs? Put holes in them? I feel like doing this will take a lot of work to change the scenery just to make one little add-on work. Sorry, Poliwhirl.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
poliwhirl555 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
hi. i just came up with another idea with my friend.

Maybe we should add flying cars!?

you know, we can go to anyplace we want in that world!

they would appear in the main location of that world and you can travel to anywhere in that world except in dungeons ( you can go to where the sigils are).

rather than walking wholeplace, we could add these and travel wherever we want!

also would shorten time on quests

i agree on this, but it would be great!

what do you guys think about it!?

Kaitlyn lifeblossom, level 50
I realize that this may be cool and such but think about this: your in Avalon! its a medival world that has no clue what a "Car" is Suddenly, a car come racing out of the blue across the sky! how would you react? I don't think this is a very thought thought out idea. also as shadow ice thing said, you would miss the scenery that the devs worked hard to complete.

~Luke NightTalon lvl 63

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I think making things that fly you through worlds and even between worlds instantly would be awesome! But maybe just a car for marleybone. There could be different one for each world that fit with each world! Like a chi dragon for mooshu, a sphinx for krokotopia, the dragon titan for dragonspyre, etc.

Dolan Frostthistle, Grandmaster

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i think its a cool idea i don't completely agree on it.

Flying cars are awesome!!!!!!!!

maybe not.....

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
well I like this but there is one thing I have a concern. Do you mean like Avalon with the portals to every section of Avalon pretty much? If so I like the idea

instead of flying cards everywhere you could do:

Wizard city - I don't know

Krokotopia- Flying Carpets

Marleybone- the Vehicles

Mooshu- shawl ( if that is how you spell it) the sheep man powered cart lol

Celestia - well flying car lol

Zafaria - vines

Avalon- has well the portals

Azteca- pterodactyls

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Diamond Dust on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
well I like this but there is one thing I have a concern. Do you mean like Avalon with the portals to every section of Avalon pretty much? If so I like the idea

instead of flying cards everywhere you could do:

Wizard city - I don't know

Krokotopia- Flying Carpets

Marleybone- the Vehicles

Mooshu- shawl ( if that is how you spell it) the sheep man powered cart lol

Celestia - well flying car lol

Zafaria - vines

Avalon- has well the portals

Azteca- pterodactyls
Celestia is underwater, a submarine makes more sense.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I'd say that at least 1/2 of your time not fighting is spent pointlessly running back & forth through areas where you are likely to end up in a fight. They do this on purpose so you will end up in fights to slow your progress. We already have flying mounts; if they were going to do anything like what you want, we would already be able to fly over the baddies in the street.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013