Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Bug?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
I don't know if it's just me, but I've literally hatched 12 times and have continually gotten my same pet back each and every time. I know we're not guaranteed to get the other pet when hatching, but my friend has gotten both my and her pet multiple times while I'm just stuck with mine?

I've been hatching my fox with her Deer Knight, spent enough gold to buy all gardening spells TWICE and have hatched 12 times so far (trying again tonight when timer resets).

So I'm just wondering, am I the only one having this problem? Or is it a common issue? I've never had to hatch this many times to get my friends pet, ever. Plus, it's getting to be demoralizing.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

P.S.: I was wondering if Pedigrees affect which pet you get when hatching? Like, if one pet has lower pedigree you'll get that pet more than the one with the higher pedigree? Idk, all I know is this is getting to be ridiculous.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I've had this issue before.

It's not a bug, just that your random chance is staying with your own pet.

The PS answer is NO...
Your pedagree is only a number association with the level of talents/derby talents your pet is able to manifest. It has nothing to do with your chances of getting the other pet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I haven't noticed pedigree affecting it really. Certain pets are more rare than other, usually those that start with higher pedigree. Pedigree is a total of the talent levels though, it doesn't affect the rarity of hatching. Deer Knight is a fairly rare hatch. If you are hatching with a common school pet, it's going to take a lot of hatches unless you get lucky.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Nightblood1995 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but I've literally hatched 12 times and have continually gotten my same pet back each and every time. I know we're not guaranteed to get the other pet when hatching, but my friend has gotten both my and her pet multiple times while I'm just stuck with mine?

I've been hatching my fox with her Deer Knight, spent enough gold to buy all gardening spells TWICE and have hatched 12 times so far (trying again tonight when timer resets).

So I'm just wondering, am I the only one having this problem? Or is it a common issue? I've never had to hatch this many times to get my friends pet, ever. Plus, it's getting to be demoralizing.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

P.S.: I was wondering if Pedigrees affect which pet you get when hatching? Like, if one pet has lower pedigree you'll get that pet more than the one with the higher pedigree? Idk, all I know is this is getting to be ridiculous.
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/hatching101-pet-will-get/

It is pretty well documented that you do have a better change to get back the lesser of the pets in a hatch.

Mary

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Ah I see now, thank you everyone for the help! It sounds like, if I want to increase my chances, I should hatch a rare pet with the Deer Knight. I'll just keep at it and hope I get it soon!

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85