Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should Loremaster have criticals?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Discuss?

I get that Loremaster is a Dragonspyre boss, and no DS enemies have a critical rating. However, other Rank 9 Bosses do have critical ratings (e.g., bosses in WinterTusk and Celestia). It wouldn't be entirely out of place. But, maybe that's not cool since Malistaire, the supposed "top boss" in DS has no critical rating, and giving the Loremaster this edge would knock him out of the preeminent spot in a sense.

Another thing is that there are a number of very low level wizards farming the Loremaster who are only out for themselves, doing nothing to help the teams they sneak into. Some people have suggested level-capping the Loremaster anyway, but maybe an occasional critical Deer Knight might be a functional solution, forcing them to return at a higher level when they have more health. Or would that just be more burden on caring, socially responsible wizards who don't like to leave anyone behind, regardless of how absurd it is to be there?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Loremaster shouldn't have criticals. She is appropriately hard for the mid-level players in DS. There's absolutely no reason for this suggestion.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lucas Rain on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Discuss?

I get that Loremaster is a Dragonspyre boss, and no DS enemies have a critical rating. However, other Rank 9 Bosses do have critical ratings (e.g., bosses in WinterTusk and Celestia). It wouldn't be entirely out of place. But, maybe that's not cool since Malistaire, the supposed "top boss" in DS has no critical rating, and giving the Loremaster this edge would knock him out of the preeminent spot in a sense.

Another thing is that there are a number of very low level wizards farming the Loremaster who are only out for themselves, doing nothing to help the teams they sneak into. Some people have suggested level-capping the Loremaster anyway, but maybe an occasional critical Deer Knight might be a functional solution, forcing them to return at a higher level when they have more health. Or would that just be more burden on caring, socially responsible wizards who don't like to leave anyone behind, regardless of how absurd it is to be there?
No. As you already stated, no other DS boss, including Malestaire, has critical. Critical begins in Celestia. No gear prior to that level has any critical stats at all.

Anyone who has reached DS can battle the Loremaster (I wouldn't consider level 40 or so 'low level') so critical would be totally unfair. Sorry/

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Loremaster shouldn't have criticals. She is appropriately hard for the mid-level players in DS. There's absolutely no reason for this suggestion.
Not a suggestion, it's a discussion.

Mid-level players, Loremaster matches difficulty just fine. But low level (Levels 1-12) players are constantly farming there and sigil jumping at the last second. Realm change all you want, they can still join you if your party has an open slot. Others have suggested level caps to prevent them entry, but I think that's heavy-handed given that they can actually contribute if they are interested in doing so. Some don't help out at all though and just want a free ride. So an added hazard, like a critical deer knight, might serve as a deterrent for some.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
XD agreed. Lucas, I don't see the point of this post. Why make loremaster harder for people in DS and not having any critical or block ratings?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Not a suggestion, it's a discussion.

Mid-level players, Loremaster matches difficulty just fine. But low level (Levels 1-12) players are constantly farming there and sigil jumping at the last second. Realm change all you want, they can still join you if your party has an open slot. Others have suggested level caps to prevent them entry, but I think that's heavy-handed given that they can actually contribute if they are interested in doing so. Some don't help out at all though and just want a free ride. So an added hazard, like a critical deer knight, might serve as a deterrent for some.
I've seen the free riders. Some are really bad too. I had one that said, "I'm just gonna let you kill them". I said "ok, can you at least blade me, since you're same school."...

"No, if I cast anything I'll get XP"

I just left them there alone. I don't mind lower levels tagging along. They can blade and trap and help out as support. That one low level pvp warlord though. He made all low levels farming there look bad. But most aren't like that.

If you don't want people coming along for a ride, go to an empty realm and solo it. There's no need for a "deterrent". It's a game and low level players have just as much right to try for some of the free stuff as you. The drop rates are so low that it's highly unlikely they'll get anything until they are strong enough to do it alone anyways.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2014
No the Loremaster should not have critcals due to dragon spire being for level 40-50 wizards mostly.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
no it shouldn't. the loremaster used samorai on me, i had a tower shield and i was left with ONLY 37 left

no joke. if it criticaled, then i would die from it

mactually the battles for loremaster are harder than ds