Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teaser Concept art for Khrysalis Part 2!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Please make this awaited update enjoyable and not almost useless like the last few that were done. There has not been a HALF DECENT update since Azteca was first released. Everything after that including Khrysalis Part 1 and the King Artorius spells and the Azteca nerf were very disappointing and abysmal in their outcome. The lack of time and attention for these updates was clearly evident. Please take your time and make it excellent as I know you are capable of doing. I'd rather wait longer than get something that will be boring in half a night. Thank you.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Dear Miss Greyrose, I am VERY excited about part two and all, but i am slightly concerned on one small thing. Part one seemed to go by way to fast! i finished it rather quickly! So i am hoping that part two has even MORE areas and zones/sections (whatever you want to call them!) So that it takes even longer, making for a more lasting, savoring experience!

P.S: I am also worried about the third arc, and I do understand that it might take a while to edit and all, but i just hope it doesn't take any more then a year. Can you confirm my suspicion, miss Greyrose?

~ Blaze Stormmancer

Historian
May 06, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Please make this awaited update enjoyable and not almost useless like the last few that were done. There has not been a HALF DECENT update since Azteca was first released. Everything after that including Khrysalis Part 1 and the King Artorius spells and the Azteca nerf were very disappointing and abysmal in their outcome. The lack of time and attention for these updates was clearly evident. Please take your time and make it excellent as I know you are capable of doing. I'd rather wait longer than get something that will be boring in half a night. Thank you.
I really can't agree with a lot of the things you said in this post.

"Please make this awaited update enjoyable and not almost useless like the last few that were done."
Enjoyability is completely opinionated and there's no way KI can make something perfect to one player's taste. They only try their best and hope for a passable success to move on to new content. If you like it, awesome. If you don't like it, sorry to hear that, but KI can only provide so much. I think you have your standards a little too high.
And useless? Really? Maybe the past updates haven't made you smile or brought you a sunny day, but really I don't think the majority of past updates have been oversights. Outside of the Reshuffles changes, and constant "may cast heal" updates happening, I don't see many things being useless as you say.

"Everything after that including Khrysalis Part 1 and the King Artorius spells and the Azteca nerf were very disappointing and abysmal in their outcome."
Again, that's completely opinionated and I don't think there is any data that proves Azteca and Khrysalis have been complete flops in your eyes.
I need to say something about the King Artorius spells. It's becoming irritating how KI gave players free spells before even entering Khrysalis and yet and still players will complain and call them crap. Were players expecting some kind of game-changer? I think it's apparent that KI should never do another King Artorius styled quest again because players just can't be pleased nor appreciate the handout. I would think the King Artorius spells were compensations for the lack of Level 98 spells, but I guess we could've gone without them.
All I'll say about the Azteca is that enough players voiced their concerns to have it changed. Obviously, players that liked the challenge didn't appreciate it. But it's completely apparent that Azteca proves we have 2 sides to the game.
Until data proves that such aforementioned updates had little impact, I think you should've said you were disappointed with such updates. Some players might have liked the changes.

There has not been a HALF DECENT update since Azteca was first released.
If that's the case for you then you stay because...? I'm getting a little fend up with this whole Azteca-Khrysalis crisis as of late. Players on one side can't be pleased if the game isn't like X and players on the other side can't be pleased if the game isn't like Y. What happened to days like Wizard City to Dragonspyre were there was barely such a divide?
In any case, we'll all just have to wait to see what comes about and have our own experiences on the upcoming content. I'll just hope KI strikes a fair enough balance for the majority of Wizards to enjoy most of the finale.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I really can't agree with a lot of the things you said in this post.

"Please make this awaited update enjoyable and not almost useless like the last few that were done."
Enjoyability is completely opinionated and there's no way KI can make something perfect to one player's taste. They only try their best and hope for a passable success to move on to new content. If you like it, awesome. If you don't like it, sorry to hear that, but KI can only provide so much. I think you have your standards a little too high.
And useless? Really? Maybe the past updates haven't made you smile or brought you a sunny day, but really I don't think the majority of past updates have been oversights. Outside of the Reshuffles changes, and constant "may cast heal" updates happening, I don't see many things being useless as you say.

"Everything after that including Khrysalis Part 1 and the King Artorius spells and the Azteca nerf were very disappointing and abysmal in their outcome."
Again, that's completely opinionated and I don't think there is any data that proves Azteca and Khrysalis have been complete flops in your eyes.
I need to say something about the King Artorius spells. It's becoming irritating how KI gave players free spells before even entering Khrysalis and yet and still players will complain and call them crap. Were players expecting some kind of game-changer? I think it's apparent that KI should never do another King Artorius styled quest again because players just can't be pleased nor appreciate the handout. I would think the King Artorius spells were compensations for the lack of Level 98 spells, but I guess we could've gone without them.
All I'll say about the Azteca is that enough players voiced their concerns to have it changed. Obviously, players that liked the challenge didn't appreciate it. But it's completely apparent that Azteca proves we have 2 sides to the game.
Until data proves that such aforementioned updates had little impact, I think you should've said you were disappointed with such updates. Some players might have liked the changes.

There has not been a HALF DECENT update since Azteca was first released.
If that's the case for you then you stay because...? I'm getting a little fend up with this whole Azteca-Khrysalis crisis as of late. Players on one side can't be pleased if the game isn't like X and players on the other side can't be pleased if the game isn't like Y. What happened to days like Wizard City to Dragonspyre were there was barely such a divide?
In any case, we'll all just have to wait to see what comes about and have our own experiences on the upcoming content. I'll just hope KI strikes a fair enough balance for the majority of Wizards to enjoy most of the finale.
I completely agree with you! Was the Aquila update a flop? I don't think so considering how many people you could find there waiting to get groups to farm... And yes, it does seem like players don't appreciate the fact that for once, Kingsisle has given us a COMPLETELY FREE SPELL!!! Remember when free crowns were but a dream? Well, Kingsisle surprised us all last year by doing something nobody ever expected would happen, FREE CROWNS!!!!! If you find these updates a flop, that does not mean that they are. On the matter of Azteca, yes enough of the players voiced their concerns about the difficulty before they changed it... I had a really tough time getting through Azteca, and I am now currently working to bring my storm to Azteca... Once there, he will be the first on my account to successfully arrive to an easier Azteca... Khrysalis Part 1 did seem to go by a bit fast and seemed a bit easy, but that could just be due to a really tough Azteca... Considering the amount of time it is taking the Kingsisle staff to release Khrysalis Part 2, they must surely be putting much painstaking detail into it so it is a enjoyable ending to the Morganthe arc... While in Celestia Base Camp yesterday, I noticed the lift between CBC and FL (CBC= Celestia Base Camp, FL= Floating Lands) and the submarine between CBC and SR/SH (SR= StormRiven, SH= Stormriven Hall)... You never notice them unless you take the time to stop and look up....

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Yes. I would have preferred if they would have NOT given us the King Artorius spells. That's what I've been saying the whole time. If they had NOT given us these spells we would have gotten UNIQUE spells that weren't useless and boring like the Artorius ones were. I don't think anybody can deny the updates are getting worse and worse... It's a fact. I stay because I hold out hope they will get back on track and improve things and not just slop and slap them together like they have for the last year or so.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Yet funny, Fin, how over half of the other posts are people (kids even) getting through khrysalis part 1 in ONE EVENING. Sorry, but that just sends a red flag to me that the world is entirely too easy and wasn't ready to be released. Aside from Wizard City there wasn't any other world even kroktopia really where you could finish in an entire evening with time left to spare. Like I said before and will again Khrysalis Part 1's mobs are a joke and are so easy it's boring. I can't be the only one who has fallen asleep mid battle and woken up to still being alive with max pips and easily finish off the fight with the minions of my own school. I liked the old Azteca, I think it was one of the better worlds that were made. Zafaria was good too just a little easy. But Khrysalis, I just can't believe they went and made that world on par with Mooshu's difficulty. Please return some of the difficulty of the regular mobs.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Yet funny, Fin, how over half of the other posts are people (kids even) getting through khrysalis part 1 in ONE EVENING. Sorry, but that just sends a red flag to me that the world is entirely too easy and wasn't ready to be released. Aside from Wizard City there wasn't any other world even kroktopia really where you could finish in an entire evening with time left to spare. Like I said before and will again Khrysalis Part 1's mobs are a joke and are so easy it's boring. I can't be the only one who has fallen asleep mid battle and woken up to still being alive with max pips and easily finish off the fight with the minions of my own school. I liked the old Azteca, I think it was one of the better worlds that were made. Zafaria was good too just a little easy. But Khrysalis, I just can't believe they went and made that world on par with Mooshu's difficulty. Please return some of the difficulty of the regular mobs.
I don't think it is entirely possible to get through all of Khrysalis in a single night... It took me multiple days! I don't think the King Artorius spell is all that boring, but they may have given it to us as a signal to use our sword of kings against Morganthe's Deck of Shadows... Ambrose did say it was the only thing that could beat it..

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
Historian
May 06, 2009
I dunno if it would've been a good idea for them to hold Khrysalis off any longer. Looking back at 2013, players had waited a year for Khrysalis and I'm sure there was growing agitation for new content. Even you might've gotten a little tense with nothing else to do for the while.

Well, I will say that it would've been nice if the Mobs were a little more offensive. I have noticed that they do tend to pass more often when they have the pips to make a hit. That could be changed, but othewise I personally have no complaints with that side of the world.

If Wizards are finishing the world too fast, and yeah I'll say I've finished the world a little faster than past updates, then they could set up a few more road blocks early one. Like simple cheating bosses (ex. cast a charm, I remove it; every 3 rds I stun you). Nothing really over the top but enough to keep you on your toes.

For the most part, I'm holding out KI plans to make Part 2 longer and harder (which, from the looks of the end of Fort Rachias stand to be). Khrysalis was long, but I finished in a month where a world like Avalon or Azteca would have me stop for a good 2 weeks and then come back into it and finish in 3-4 months (I'm a slower paced player). But you have to consider that this is only the first half of the world and wouldn't stand to be as long as a completed world like Azteca. I think, if someone where to play with both Part 1 and 2, they would zoom through part 1 and then slow down around Part 2. I'd kinda like that, because I would really find it dissappointing if Morganthe isn't something of a challenge (like enough that you really have to be in a group for it). It also gives more casual players to wind down form Azteca, and sling-shots hardcore players to Part 2.

As to the King Artorius spells, I like them and, while not grand, I think they're a good teaser for what's to come. I'm sure they were just compensation for no Level 98 spells and aren't meant to be the great, unique, and kinda-tick-you-off-because-they-aren't-that-great-but-good-enough-because-they're-new spells. That's my theory as to why they did that. I don't think any of us would expect KI to just give us super powerful spells like the ones to come. No, I'd think they'd anticipate giving us some 4v1 cheating battle somewhere in Part 2. It's kinda obvious when you look at Azteca's Rank 10 spells and where Khrysalis left off.

But we'll see what goes down in the next few weeks. My only wish is that things don't get so out of hand that I can't finish the world.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
None of them finished the entire world in one evening. They finished part of a world, which isn't unlike many others. Lots of people finished the first part of all the worlds in one evening. The second part could be much longer. Based on the team's previous work, it probably is. As we progress through the game, there are more zones with each world. It stands to reason there will be more zones with the second half. While I know we were all ready for part 2 yesterday, let's treat part 1 like the teaser it is. Most of us were able to complete the first half of Azteca the first day when it was released on test, but it was the second half that proved to be longer and more challenging.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Can not wait for the second part of the new world. Would be extreme and can not wait to go the distance with my wizards. Come on update, where waiting!!!

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
LostScissors on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Can not wait for the second part of the new world. Would be extreme and can not wait to go the distance with my wizards. Come on update, where waiting!!!
Here is the statement that is currently shown with the test realm updates: "Khrysalis part 2 is shaping up to be an amazing adventure. We're still continuing to shape and polish this culmination to Morganthe's story, but here's a sneak peek at some Concept art from Crescent Beach."

Note that the concept art may not reflect what the final in-game version of the zone looks like. I think Crescent Beach is divided by the Starfall Sea, the Fort Rachias side which we can currently see some of in-game and then the side that is in Arachna. I believe Arachna is the section of Khrysalis where Morganthe's "Shadow-Web" is located, as she stated to us before she left Xibalba: "Its time for me to return home to the Shadow Web to construct my Celestial Choir. It will be beautiful and magnificent." Magalia Spiritcaller also states at the end of part 1: "Your path to face the Shadow Queen will take you over Crescent Beach and across the Starfall Sea. I do not know exactly how you will cross that baleful ocean, but you already have the most important piece of that puzzle. Beyond the Starfall Sea lies the Iron Gates, the Khonda Desert and the heart of the Shadow Web: Morganthe's Shadow Palace." She also tells us before we head into the Central Keep to face Ghost Dog: "We must recover the Dying Star Stone if you hope to travel across the Starfall Sea and reach the lands of the Arachna." The last 2 pieces of dialogue lead me to believe that Arachna is the second section of Khrysalis and contains: the Iron Gates, the Khonda Desert and of course the heart of the Shadow Web, Morganthe's Shadow Palace. I believe that the Iron Gates are actually 2 sets of gates that are made of iron that block the way into and out of the Khonda Desert and Morganthe's Shadow Palace.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
i am not even in khrysalis i am a lvl 50 and not in mooshu xD

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
keira moonshade on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
i am not even in khrysalis i am a lvl 50 and not in mooshu xD
ok, something is really wrong there! The way I see it, the only way you could be that level and not be in Mooshu is if you don't have enough crowns to pay for the world or you don't have a subscription

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Yes I cannot wait for Khrysalis Part 2 to come out. It will be so fun questing through Khrysalis Part 2 and beating Morganthe.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
can't wait for khrysalis part 2 to come out!!! even thou i'm a lvl 71 wizard i'm almost done with avalon and can't wait to get into khrysalis and khrysalis part 2 i think that bug pets would look cool for some of the new pets coming out in the new update. hurry so we can play!!!