Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Level Fifty Six Gear for Death

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
What is the best lvl 56 gear for a death wizard in wintertusk?
Also, what is the best deck setup? (I train in fire school)
All Help is appreciated! (I don't want to farm bosses for drops or buy gear from the crown shop)

Neela Lotusblossom
Level Fifty Six Necromancer

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Carax Strongthread in Sudrilund has some very nice gear you can craft. For Death it's the Chief's Blight items. They have good stats and useful cards. Bear's Claw of Death and the Black Spinel of battle are about the best ring and athame at that level, but there are others almost as good that might be easier to get.

Your deck set up should change a bit depending what you are fighting, but most of the time you'll have a couple Scarecrow, Deathblade, and your strongest Sun damage enchantment (Strong, Giant, Monsterous, etc). Add traps, prisms, shields, or heals as needed, but try to keep your deck fairly small. From here on most of the things you'll fight will be in groups, so single attacks will be reserved mostly for bosses. Adding feints and stacking buffs from pet cards, or the trained Spirit blades and traps from Niles can build up some serious damage for the big bosses.

You are at a very fun point in the game. With almost every level from 48 through 60 our gear & magic grow stronger :)

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
glowstorm13 on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
What is the best lvl 56 gear for a death wizard in wintertusk?
Also, what is the best deck setup? (I train in fire school)
All Help is appreciated! (I don't want to farm bosses for drops or buy gear from the crown shop)

Neela Lotusblossom
Level Fifty Six Necromancer
Hey there Neela! At your level, the Wintertusl crafted set is your best option. It's the closest statwise to level 60 waterworks gear and will carry you well into Azteca if you're like most people and don't get your WW set by level 70.

For more info:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?162135-Recipes-For-All-Grandmaster-Artisan-Crafted-Gear-Sets-and-Weapons-from-Wintertusk

In order to craft said gear, you must be level 56 or higher and a grandmaster artisan, as well as to have completed all main rad quests through Sudrilund. Good luck!

-von
promethean x 3.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
There is some great crafting gear in grizzle at level 56. The critical is higher then the water works gear for level 60 wizards. Although, the water works gear has better resist and critical block. Dire Chieftain's Helm, Chief's Garb of the Blight, Boots of Doom and Gloom. Most people wait until level 60 and just farm water works for level 60 gear, I prefer to make water works easier with decent gear.