Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Empower???????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
The spell empower is great, but there is a glitch. The spell is supposed to give you 3 pips, but it costs 1 pip, so technically the spell only gives you 2 pips. And if you only have a power pip, then you get 2 regular pips. How do you feel about getting pips for power pips? Please fix the empower spell KI

Brooke EmeraldShard, level 40 Theurgist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not a glitch, it works like every other spell. If you only have a power pip and cast a 1 pip spell, it uses a power pip. There's no change given.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
To further the point Seether made,
If you put the spell on someone else, it gives them 3 pips, only costing you one.
So...
If you're partnered with a storm, who has tempest, or a fire with meteor, it gives them the chance to hit first round at lower levels

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Sarg042 on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
To further the point Seether made,
If you put the spell on someone else, it gives them 3 pips, only costing you one.
So...
If you're partnered with a storm, who has tempest, or a fire with meteor, it gives them the chance to hit first round at lower levels
Empower is a self only spell, unless you mean tc for storm. Empower is great in my opinion it helps with other spells, like that one spell in your deck that you don't have a mastery of it helps gain more pips to use that spell, I also use it to get rid of weaknesses and traps that are placed on me. So I think its great how it is but that is just my opinion

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Diamond Dust on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Empower is a self only spell, unless you mean tc for storm. Empower is great in my opinion it helps with other spells, like that one spell in your deck that you don't have a mastery of it helps gain more pips to use that spell, I also use it to get rid of weaknesses and traps that are placed on me. So I think its great how it is but that is just my opinion
I agree it's great as is. I always carry it in TC when I do Loremaster for that use. It clears all my weaks without touching blades AND gives me 2 extra pips

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I think Sarg is thinking of balance's donate power spell, which does give 3 pips to anyone on your team.

Speaking of Empower, though, it's awesome in pvp, especially when used in conjunction with donate power. I (balance) once teamed up with 2 friends (storm and ice); on the first round, our ice wizard cast a tc empower on herself and I used my donate power, so she was able to use her frost giant to stun the other team on round 2. That sorta set the tone for the rest of the match, lol.

Ironically, my promethean death wizard does not and has never used the spell in pve.