Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Khrysalis too Easy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
So I'm almost done with Khrysalis, and it just seems too easy. I've been able to solo pretty much everything, and only one or two bosses were actually challenging. Even Azteca had harder quests, that were more fun and enjoyable to do. Also, the whole Shadow Magic idea is kind of like a joke. I don't really understand what it's supposed to do. I'm not actually finished with it yet, though I almost am, but I am hoping that part two of this world will be more of a challenge.
What do you guys think about it?
-Mariah

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MariahSkullhunter on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
So I'm almost done with Khrysalis, and it just seems too easy. I've been able to solo pretty much everything, and only one or two bosses were actually challenging. Even Azteca had harder quests, that were more fun and enjoyable to do. Also, the whole Shadow Magic idea is kind of like a joke. I don't really understand what it's supposed to do. I'm not actually finished with it yet, though I almost am, but I am hoping that part two of this world will be more of a challenge.
What do you guys think about it?
-Mariah
I think it maybe a matter of pacing your self, if KI continues to make each world more unplayable by more people eventually no one will be around to play it? Maybe to make the new world more appealing so people will bother with Azteca? First you got to get there and a lot of us stopped questing at level cap, my wizards were around Pitch Black Lake. Many didn't even wait for cap they just gave up.

Consideration must be taken for wizards that don't have the best gear or pets to get them by also. I think everyone would be surprised at this number, granted most of them don't make it past Celestia but some do. Altho many may have the time, knowledge etc to obtain these things not everyone can.

Even though they did ease the difficulty of Avalon and Azteca I personally don't find them any more enjoyable to play. Minions start with less pips but the bosses aren't restricted to that. I have one wizard parked in AZ and one in Avalon. I just brought another wizard into AZ and really haven't bothered even signing on in a few days. Long, boring, drawn out was addressed a bit but still I don't find it to be that much better. I plan on deleting some wizards so I have some at lower levels to go back to when I get tired of the upper worlds.

I plan to just stay parked mid way though the 1st part of Khrysalis and see how part 2 pans out. No since of questing if it's going to just become to head banging again.

Mary

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I agree, it is easy... except for the 4v1 battles with bosses.

BUT I think we should enjoy part 1 while it is easy... I'm pretty sure part 2 is going to be very VERY hard, most likely a lot harder than the 'old' azteca. We will most likely struggle with mobs like people did before in azteca... lol. I would love to experience that.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I definitely agree that Khrysalis is one of the easiest worlds in the game so far. I feel like I got so far into the world in a day. I remember Azteca being really hard. Maybe Kingsisle is just adding an easy world, but the next world after Khrysalis part 2 could be torture for wizards. I am currently in Last Wood and it has been easy so far. I have not been in Tyrian Gorge or Fort Rachias yet so I am not sure about the difficulty of those areas. You never know about the next world.

Samuel Lifebringer Level 95 In Khrysalis
Artur hawkleaf Level 44 In Dragonspyre
Ethan Fireblood Level 33 In Mooshu
Dustin Deathstone Level 16 In Krokotopia
Tanner Stormmender Level 7 In Wizard City
Tyler Icestaff Level 6 In Wizard City
Blaze Level 6 In Wizard City

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Samuel Lifebringer on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
I definitely agree that Khrysalis is one of the easiest worlds in the game so far. I feel like I got so far into the world in a day. I remember Azteca being really hard. Maybe Kingsisle is just adding an easy world, but the next world after Khrysalis part 2 could be torture for wizards. I am currently in Last Wood and it has been easy so far. I have not been in Tyrian Gorge or Fort Rachias yet so I am not sure about the difficulty of those areas. You never know about the next world.

Artur hawkleaf Level 44 In Dragonspyre
Dustin Deathstone Level 16 In Krokotopia
Tyler Icestaff Level 6 In Wizard City
Blaze Level 6 In Wizard City
Yeah, i used to think that, now it's been to hard for me to solo.

Artur Hawkleaf Level 44 In Dragonspyre
Dustin Deathstone Level 20 In Krokotopia
Tyler Icestaff Level 16 In Krokotopia
Blaze Level 9 In Wizard City