Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral And Beyond...

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
In the first arc we got 7 types of magic. In the 2nd arc we got 4, almost definitely 5. In the third arc, I think we'll get 3 new types of magic. I don't have a spy in KI, so I don't know for certain, but the three most posted ideas (that I've found) are Technomancy (technology), Chronomancy (time) & Alchemy (metals/transmutation). These are my ideas for what they might do:

Technomancy:
Symbol: Gear
Colours: Grey & Gold
Type of Spells: Changing the types of spells of the main schools, e.g: Efreet into AoE, Balanceblade into weakness.
Philosophy: Technomancy was originally invented by the Aquilians in honour of their god Hephaestus. However with their primitive knowledge of technology, it eventually died out. A young Marlybonian on an expedition for work experience in Aquila found an archaic relic, lost in time. He took it back to Marleybone, and it's magic spread throughout the world, influencing the residents to create technology. This relic is now known as the Binary Matrix. And lives in Marleybone, ready to teach young wizards its ancient secrets. The school colours are grey and gold.

Chronomancy:
Symbol: Infinity
Colours: Copper & Brown
Type of Spells: Affecting the gameplay of the duel with spells such as Anticlockwise (go first instead of second) & Parallel Timeline (gain 2 pips instead of 1).
Philosophy: Chronomancy is not learnt by the faint-hearted, as it not only requires complete focus and immense practice. But you also need to be blessed by an elder, and only two of these are known: Bartleby & Grandmother Raven. If you gain this blessing you can then begin the difficult process of learning the magic. The only living being who can teach chronomancy lives in an unknown location in the world known as Quobello. If you can find the teacher, you can learn the hidden magic if you wish to. The school colours are copper and brown.

Alchemy:
Symbol: Stack of 6 silver bars
Colours: Silver
Types of Spells: Some mutation spells, but a lot like a Ravenwood school with attacks & heals.
Philosophy: Alchemy is a form of chemistry in which basic elements such as fire & life are mutated & mixed to create more complex things which eventually create the worlds of the Spiral. Metals, transfusion & transmutation are also commonly associated with alchemy. Alchemical elements can also be diffused to create the original elements. The original elements are too primordial & powerful for most people to summon, never mind control. Yet for those few who can master them, the results are the most powerful wizards in the Spiral. While in his prime, Merle Ambrose could command seven elements of Alchemy, making him the best in the Spiral, will you challenge his record? The school colours are silver and nothing else, unless you can fuse and diffuse the elements to figure it out.

There would be spells that each school would get for Alchemy, each one being different. They would be Pure ___ (whatever your school is). Like Pure Fire & Pure Myth. They would be really OP.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
no no no no no no no no no no pay more attention in firecat alley Kingsisle has decided alchemy is potions in the spiral

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
ugh forgot to complain about technomancy storm is in school of technology in the spiral and chronomancy good job you got that ones power right and its power is not in game kudos however could replace technomancy with arcanery (or something that has to do with utility magic) as we learn more from it we get more location marks learn to levitate stuff cast a spell that makes us as fast as a mount while on foot (does not affect mounts) for a short amount of time and other no battle involved improvements arcane people(or whatever they should be called) are wizards who got mad at all the violent spells in ravenwood and we lost the knowledge of all non peaceful magic except basic teleporting when they left

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Ooh I would definitely . I can tell I would be a good Chronomancer.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
In the first arc we got 7 types of magic. In the 2nd arc we got 4, almost definitely 5. In the third arc, I think we'll get 3 new types of magic. I don't have a spy in KI, so I don't know for certain, but the three most posted ideas (that I've found) are Technomancy (technology), Chronomancy (time) & Alchemy (metals/transmutation). These are my ideas for what they might do:

Technomancy:
Symbol: Gear
Colours: Grey & Gold
Type of Spells: Changing the types of spells of the main schools, e.g: Efreet into AoE, Balanceblade into weakness.
Philosophy: Technomancy was originally invented by the Aquilians in honour of their god Hephaestus. However with their primitive knowledge of technology, it eventually died out. A young Marlybonian on an expedition for work experience in Aquila found an archaic relic, lost in time. He took it back to Marleybone, and it's magic spread throughout the world, influencing the residents to create technology. This relic is now known as the Binary Matrix. And lives in Marleybone, ready to teach young wizards its ancient secrets. The school colours are grey and gold.

Chronomancy:
Symbol: Infinity
Colours: Copper & Brown
Type of Spells: Affecting the gameplay of the duel with spells such as Anticlockwise (go first instead of second) & Parallel Timeline (gain 2 pips instead of 1).
Philosophy: Chronomancy is not learnt by the faint-hearted, as it not only requires complete focus and immense practice. But you also need to be blessed by an elder, and only two of these are known: Bartleby & Grandmother Raven. If you gain this blessing you can then begin the difficult process of learning the magic. The only living being who can teach chronomancy lives in an unknown location in the world known as Quobello. If you can find the teacher, you can learn the hidden magic if you wish to. The school colours are copper and brown.

Alchemy:
Symbol: Stack of 6 silver bars
Colours: Silver
Types of Spells: Some mutation spells, but a lot like a Ravenwood school with attacks & heals.
Philosophy: Alchemy is a form of chemistry in which basic elements such as fire & life are mutated & mixed to create more complex things which eventually create the worlds of the Spiral. Metals, transfusion & transmutation are also commonly associated with alchemy. Alchemical elements can also be diffused to create the original elements. The original elements are too primordial & powerful for most people to summon, never mind control. Yet for those few who can master them, the results are the most powerful wizards in the Spiral. While in his prime, Merle Ambrose could command seven elements of Alchemy, making him the best in the Spiral, will you challenge his record? The school colours are silver and nothing else, unless you can fuse and diffuse the elements to figure it out.

There would be spells that each school would get for Alchemy, each one being different. They would be Pure ___ (whatever your school is). Like Pure Fire & Pure Myth. They would be really OP.
Technomancy quests:

Tutorial Tip - Merle (at lvl 105): "Young wizard, I know you are busy with (3rd arc villain's name). But I thought you'd be available to solve a, ah, problem in Marleybone. See me at once."

Merle: "Dark magic has possessed the Mayor of Marleybone. What type of magic, no-one knows. But there is one cat bandit in Scotland Yard who claims he knows what it is but won't talk unless he is freed. We need to know what the magic is, but the charges won't be dropped. I need you to go to the lady he mugged: Elizabeth Smith. If you can convince her to drop the charges, we can save the Mayor!" Quest given: Law & Order.

Liz: "You want me to drop the charges as well? I've told those officers that if they want me to drop the charges, they just need to do one thing for me. But they've chickened out of it, every last one of them! Go to Thunderlock Tower in Kensington Park. If you go there and rescue my Electrified Ring, I'll be happy to help you!" Quest ended: Law & Order - Rewards: +150,000 XP & +2,000 gold. Quest given: Drop the Charge.

Thundershock Golem, storm, 13,000 health, 3 minions (Thundershock Golems): "New orders: Destroy intruders. Wizard trespasser does not compute. Attack!"

After defeat - Thundershock: "Powering down."

Bufonidae Anura, tech (no boost/resist), 20,000 health, 1 minion (Thundershock Golem, 3 if more than 2 wizards present): "A wizard in my lair? Turn back while you can fool! Or face the wrath of the toad!"

After defeat - Bufonidae: "Take your ring, take what you want! Just don't turn me in to the coppers!"

Liz: "That was quick!" Quest ended: Drop the Charge - Rewards: +200,000 XP & +1 Toadle pet.

Liz: "Alright, I'll drop the charges on him, but my charges are for a simple mugging. He actually tried to steal all of someone's possessions, so don't expect them to drop charges. Her name is Lucy Tudor, and she lives next to that detective bloke, Sherlock Bones I think. Go there and ask her to drop the charges, but it'll be harder to gain her favour than beating a bandit." Quest given: Lucy in the Sky...

Lucy: "You want me to drop charges against that ruffian? Not likely!" Quest ended: Lucy in the Sky... - Rewards: +100,000 XP.

Lucy: "If you want me to release him without charge, I'll need you to reclaim everything he took before my helpful neighbour, Sherlock, stopped him. Among them are a diamond necklace, golden ring and diamond tiara. Go find & raid his den to regain my possessions. If you manage that, then I might consider dropping the charges." Quest given: ...With Diamonds.

Watson: "You need to find his den? Of course, he told us about it on his arrest, it's in Hyde Park."

Ruffian Bandit, ice, 33,000 health, no minions: "You ain't gettin' nothing from 'ere. You better run while you still got your legs!"

After defeat - Ruffian: "Take it, take it! My boss ain't gonna be pleased though."

Lucy: "You have it? Oh thank you! Of course I'll drop the charges!"

Watson: "You ready to talk to him?"

Charles: "No time for chat!"

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
critical blizzard on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
no no no no no no no no no no pay more attention in firecat alley Kingsisle has decided alchemy is potions in the spiral
I know about that, but think about things like quicksilver. They can mix both metals and potions. And the spells would have included potions that you make by merging the elements. It's like crafting, but you can use it in battles.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
The one with the mutations (I can't remember name, I didn't look at the name properly lol) already exists within I think... star? Idk, but there is TC mutations to mutate a ice wyvern to a fire etc.

I would really love a time sort of magic though...

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
critical blizzard on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
ugh forgot to complain about technomancy storm is in school of technology in the spiral and chronomancy good job you got that ones power right and its power is not in game kudos however could replace technomancy with arcanery (or something that has to do with utility magic) as we learn more from it we get more location marks learn to levitate stuff cast a spell that makes us as fast as a mount while on foot (does not affect mounts) for a short amount of time and other no battle involved improvements arcane people(or whatever they should be called) are wizards who got mad at all the violent spells in ravenwood and we lost the knowledge of all non peaceful magic except basic teleporting when they left
Storm isn't Technomancy exactly. Storm is the joy of shouting 'Eureka!' after catching lightning in a bottle, the creativity of the mind and understanding how things work. To sum it up: Creativity, Genius & Curiosity. Technomancy is about actually building it, being focused and solitary and about finding something new: Creating, Focus & Solitary. I see where you're coming from and I've heard the argument many times before, but I personally think they're not the same.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Well I like the idea of Chronomancy and Technomancy.

Technically since alchemy is the magical science of transforming, basically, that part of magic is taking up by potions or crafting, the moon school, and the sun school. I feel it would be pointless to make another school that would have the same basic spells as already made magics.

-Rich G. Transcendent

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Pretty good idea. KI should support this with these exact lines. I say you need to get a job there!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Storm isn't Technomancy exactly. Storm is the joy of shouting 'Eureka!' after catching lightning in a bottle, the creativity of the mind and understanding how things work. To sum it up: Creativity, Genius & Curiosity. Technomancy is about actually building it, being focused and solitary and about finding something new: Creating, Focus & Solitary. I see where you're coming from and I've heard the argument many times before, but I personally think they're not the same.
your forgoting the storm mill the power source for wizard city with the big storm symbol and also without storm you wouldn't have a hatchery (just look at the symbol that takes up most the floor in it) so yeah leave the inventions and techology to storm and lets not forgot clockworks run on electricity

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
I know about that, but think about things like quicksilver. They can mix both metals and potions. And the spells would have included potions that you make by merging the elements. It's like crafting, but you can use it in battles.
well it should focus on potions and quicksilver be the compromise for you guys who think it should be metals (kingsisle has still chosen potions again pay attention in firecat alley)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Technomancy quests:

Tutorial Tip - Merle (at lvl 105): "Young wizard, I know you are busy with (3rd arc villain's name). But I thought you'd be available to solve a, ah, problem in Marleybone. See me at once."

Merle: "Dark magic has possessed the Mayor of Marleybone. What type of magic, no-one knows. But there is one cat bandit in Scotland Yard who claims he knows what it is but won't talk unless he is freed. We need to know what the magic is, but the charges won't be dropped. I need you to go to the lady he mugged: Elizabeth Smith. If you can convince her to drop the charges, we can save the Mayor!" Quest given: Law & Order.

Liz: "You want me to drop the charges as well? I've told those officers that if they want me to drop the charges, they just need to do one thing for me. But they've chickened out of it, every last one of them! Go to Thunderlock Tower in Kensington Park. If you go there and rescue my Electrified Ring, I'll be happy to help you!" Quest ended: Law & Order - Rewards: +150,000 XP & +2,000 gold. Quest given: Drop the Charge.

Thundershock Golem, storm, 13,000 health, 3 minions (Thundershock Golems): "New orders: Destroy intruders. Wizard trespasser does not compute. Attack!"

After defeat - Thundershock: "Powering down."

Bufonidae Anura, tech (no boost/resist), 20,000 health, 1 minion (Thundershock Golem, 3 if more than 2 wizards present): "A wizard in my lair? Turn back while you can fool! Or face the wrath of the toad!"

After defeat - Bufonidae: "Take your ring, take what you want! Just don't turn me in to the coppers!"

Liz: "That was quick!" Quest ended: Drop the Charge - Rewards: +200,000 XP & +1 Toadle pet.

Liz: "Alright, I'll drop the charges on him, but my charges are for a simple mugging. He actually tried to steal all of someone's possessions, so don't expect them to drop charges. Her name is Lucy Tudor, and she lives next to that detective bloke, Sherlock Bones I think. Go there and ask her to drop the charges, but it'll be harder to gain her favour than beating a bandit." Quest given: Lucy in the Sky...

Lucy: "You want me to drop charges against that ruffian? Not likely!" Quest ended: Lucy in the Sky... - Rewards: +100,000 XP.

Lucy: "If you want me to release him without charge, I'll need you to reclaim everything he took before my helpful neighbour, Sherlock, stopped him. Among them are a diamond necklace, golden ring and diamond tiara. Go find & raid his den to regain my possessions. If you manage that, then I might consider dropping the charges." Quest given: ...With Diamonds.

Watson: "You need to find his den? Of course, he told us about it on his arrest, it's in Hyde Park."

Ruffian Bandit, ice, 33,000 health, no minions: "You ain't gettin' nothing from 'ere. You better run while you still got your legs!"

After defeat - Ruffian: "Take it, take it! My boss ain't gonna be pleased though."

Lucy: "You have it? Oh thank you! Of course I'll drop the charges!"

Watson: "You ready to talk to him?"

Charles: "No time for chat!"
The Mayor, tech, 35,000 health, no minions: "You have come to heal me? From what? I have no disease, only more power. I came to see the Binary Matrix, and its secrets flowed through me. I am the greatest technomancer to have ever lived! Come closer and face me!"

Charles, storm, 20,000 health: "Don't worry wizard, I'll fight by your side."

After defeat - The Mayor: "I attacked you? My utmost apologies to you sir. I'm afraid I'm not sure what came over me, I went to Barkingham Palace to see the Binary Matrix, and then my mind went blank. Go speak to Queen Elizabeagle II in her palace. Ask to see the Binary Matrix."

Elizabeagle: "You are the one who saved the Mayor? Fantastic work! Where is my sword? Guards! A guard steps forward and hands Elizabeagle a long iron sword. I knight thy wizard as 'Sir/Dame (your wizard's name)'!" Quest ended: ...With Diamonds - Rewards: +500,000 XP, +50,000 gold & access to the Binary Matrix. Badge earned: Sir/Dame of Marleybone.