Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

increase drop rates of hades gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
been farming tartarus for awhile now finally got my full black thunder set after about 3 months
one thing i don't like is the drop rate. Majority of the time you receive gear like senators or one of Zeus/Poseidon drop instead. and if your going for a certain set (black thunder/glass cannon set)
it could takes from weeks to months to get your gear. i was thinking why not increase the drop rates of the gear and the amulet of divine influence and its 1% drop rate?

or at least add a way for us to fight the boss more than one(excluding glitch) rather than having to repeat the whole dungeon (like a talismin you activate)

opinions?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think a good solution. instead of altering the drop rate, would be adding a switch like Calypso and the Jade Oni have. So you can resummon them all without having to do the whole dungeon again.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
seethe42 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I think a good solution. instead of altering the drop rate, would be adding a switch like Calypso and the Jade Oni have. So you can resummon them all without having to do the whole dungeon again.
/agree this would help.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
Agreed. i am tired of this.
Really tired

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I rather like this idea, similar to pillar summoning in CL or a bypass for those whom have completed a Tartarus run. The time needed to grind through entire dungeon is prohibitive for many. And I for one don't have the time to do a full run; hence why I love the 'secret' bosses. Would make things much easier if there is a bypass or summon option, even if drop rates remain low it provides more opportunities to obtain in less time.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
seethe42 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Brilliant Idea.
They allowed it for Luska until they found the Exploit...lol

I think a summon switch would make tartarus alot more player friendly.
Who wants to go through an hour+ long dungeon, for a single fight that drops your gear.

I know WW was similar, but your gear dropped from 2 people there, and the bosses, and fights through were much smaller and simpler.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Brilliant Idea.
They allowed it for Luska until they found the Exploit...lol

I think a summon switch would make tartarus alot more player friendly.
Who wants to go through an hour+ long dungeon, for a single fight that drops your gear.

I know WW was similar, but your gear dropped from 2 people there, and the bosses, and fights through were much smaller and simpler.
Not only more player friendly, I bet they would sell a lot more crown rentals than currently if people could do that. People would see a lot more value in paying for a 6 hour session if they could repeat the final battle several times in that period rather than only getting like 3 maybe 4 runs in.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
There are only a few bits of Tartarus gear worth having and the rates are crazy low. I'm not going to waste time on it. There is one fire robe, one balance boots, and one amulet I wouldn't mind, but literally nothing else I'd want and such a small chance to get those why bother?