Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The spell cloak

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Ok people i want to know awhat i use the spell cloak on if you can help that would be great thanks

Alexander DragonDreamer LV. 21

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's used for Player vs Player only. It hides whatever blade, trap, shield or charm you cast, so your opponent doesn't know what it is.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
The Cloak spell can be used on shields, blades, traps, dispels, weakness, infection (I think that's all xD ) and it hides the blade, shield etc. from the opponent. He will only be able to see a question mark instead of the appearance of the blade etc. Cloak is pretty pointless in PvE but it is highly used in PvP.

Erin FireSword, level 94
Sophia MistCaster, level 68

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Cloak is mostly used in PvP. If you use it on a ward or charm, the opponent won't be able to see what ward or charm you used.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Hi!

You can use the spell cloak on various things, blades, shields, stun blocks, traps, dispel, and negative charms such as weakness and black mantle! I think you get the idea now, but it is more useful in PvP and not so much in regular questing.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
You can put the cloak spell on most blades, traps, weaknesses, boosts, etc. It's mostly used for pvp so people can't tell what spell you used

-Blaze Darkbringer level 95

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Clock hinds a blade or trap or weakness or sheads
From other players.
Perfect for pvp.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Well the Cloak spell does not do any good except if you're a PvP person. It makes your blade a question mark so your opponent can't see what blade you casted.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
Cloak is very useful in pvp, and if your into that you should probably train it.
Cloak is a sun spell, which means it will change the spells in your hand for that battle. More specifically, wards and charms. Essentially, what it will do is hide whatever kind of ward or charm it is to your enemy. For instance, if you wanted to stop your enemy from healing, you could cloak an infection and place it on them.

They might think this was a weakness, and try to remove it using empower of something, which is a waste for them. Another use of this spell could be if you're fighting a school like storm, for instance, and you don't have a glacial or volcanic shield. But if you had a different kind of shield that would not block storm, you could cloak it, and then use it. They might think it was a storm shield and waste a couple turns getting rid of it.

This is probably my favorite example I could think of. Let's say you're fighting that storm again, and they have shadow shrike and infallible up. They could easily pierce through a -70% double shield, like glacial or volcanic. Now you could draw a cloak and a stun block. Cloak the stun block and and use it, and they might assume that it's a glacial or volcanic shield. The next turn, they might storm lord, mostly for the purpose of the stun. But they can't, right?

I hope this helped you understand what it is. Oh, and also, When you cast a cloaked spell, it will show a sun school cast, hiding the school of the spell.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
The Cloak Spell is the only Sun Spell that shows the Sun Magic Symbol. It "cloaks" Charms (Anything that floats around your head) and Wards (Shields and Traps). When a Charm or Ward is Cloaked, it does not show what school it effects and how it effects a spell. Hope this helps!

-Nick
"If you say plz because it's shorter than please, I'll say no because it's shorter than yes"

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
XaZeRs on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Ok people i want to know awhat i use the spell cloak on if you can help that would be great thanks

Alexander DragonDreamer LV. 21
This spell is only nice in PvP mode. You use it on blades and traps, and the blade or trap will look silver and have a question mark on them. This effect can also make the blade or trap invisible. Only the enemy gets these effects, you will be able to see the regular blade or trap.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Cloak is to change the appearance of spells and enchantments such as a shield. When you cast cloak on a spell or enchantment, the opponent does not know what spell you put until the shield/blade etc. was used.

Neela Lotusflower
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I'm not sure if i am right but i think you use it on blades and traps and it hides them. If you use a blade and cloak it I think it doesn't tell you what it is .