Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Item Fusing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I have a fantastic idea to improve the game, why not have the ability to fuse items! It won't be like stitching items. My idea is that let's say you have one armor that gives you 55 Health, 19 Attack, and 11 Defense, and you have another armor that gives you let's say 67 Health, 11 Attack, and 22 Defense. It'd be hard to chose which one to put on right? So I say fuse them, it would add the stats of both armors, and all you have to do is pick the appearance of one, and viola, you get a new armor that has 122 Health, 30 Attack, and 33 Defense. I think a good place to do this would be to go to Eloise Merryweather next to Prospector Zeke. Also, fusing items will also be a crown fee. My idea is the level and power of the items you're fusing determines how much crowns you'll pay. Who's with me? Do you guys like my idea or not? Say "Support" in your comment if you like this idea. Thank you!

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Terrible idea, my storm would have about almost 1000 critical if not over that, almost 200 damage if not over that, my health almost 5 thousand, almost 60 resist, almost 400 block, almost 50-60 in/outgoing heal, over 60 pierce, and pip chance is like 200%, All these are estimates but I know they are relatively around there, I'm sorry but I'm going to be brutal on this post because I don't like this idea, it would ruin a lot of the game. It is a awful idea. Stitching is the best way to leave it.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
LoganCrowSpear1337 on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
I have a fantastic idea to improve the game, why not have the ability to fuse items! It won't be like stitching items. My idea is that let's say you have one armor that gives you 55 Health, 19 Attack, and 11 Defense, and you have another armor that gives you let's say 67 Health, 11 Attack, and 22 Defense. It'd be hard to chose which one to put on right? So I say fuse them, it would add the stats of both armors, and all you have to do is pick the appearance of one, and viola, you get a new armor that has 122 Health, 30 Attack, and 33 Defense. I think a good place to do this would be to go to Eloise Merryweather next to Prospector Zeke. Also, fusing items will also be a crown fee. My idea is the level and power of the items you're fusing determines how much crowns you'll pay. Who's with me? Do you guys like my idea or not? Say "Support" in your comment if you like this idea. Thank you!
No, just no. This would mess up the game way to much. If they were to do something like this, they would only take a state from each peace of clothing, not add them together. This would also mess up PvP, and because these gear peace's would be so high in all stats, no one would buy henchmen anymore, making KI louse money.

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
All this would do is make every crown player immune to everything and super powerful. Fuse Jade gear and Hades gear and you're immune to everything with max critical and damage. It's a silly idea.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2013
To be honest this idea would make the game much to easy . If you want a good fusing system get 5 of the SAME EXACT armors and then it gives you the chance to fuse them together. Once fused all stats go up my 5 now that seems like a great idea in my opinion. But aside from that definitely SUPPORT!

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Sounds like it could get a bit overpowered for high level gear.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I don't really think this idea would work well. It would be extremely overpowered if you fused together 2 gears that had super high stats. It would be unfair, because people with crowns would have double the stats of people without crowns. Say your level 90. You have 2 robes- one with 600 health, 20 damage, and 12 resist and one with 400 health, 22 damage, and 25 resist. Then you fuse them to have a robe with 1,000 health, 42 damage, and 37 resist. Now that's what I call op. Now compare that person to someone with only the first robe. That's completely unfair. No offense, it was a good idea, but if that came out, it would just be insane.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I like and dislike it. Fusing sounds awesome and would make questing easier (maybe people can solo the final dungeon is avalon!). But the PvP side. Maybe make fused items not usable in PvP? Because the PvP robe and another awesome robe combined would be beyond unfair. And think about ice, they could get 50+ defense from a robe! for PvP at least. I say support if it's not available in PvP.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
just no.

i'm not a pvp'er, but i can already see several critical flaws in this idea.

ice already has immunity, right? so why not give them insane critical, storm's damage boost, and 50 percent armour pierce, then fuse that with the jade gear? and, while we're at it, let's give storm ice's massive resist and health, with a 100% healing boost thrown in for good measure? because, let's face it: no matter how cool this sounds, or how good your intentions are, there are just too many loopholes for people to abuse it (and, trust me, they will).

pvp is already a cash cow and, as is, those who can't or won't spend real money on it are at a severe disadvantage. i'm all for supporting the game i love, but this is taking it too far.

-von

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I like this idea, but the extremely rich people will be able to have like 1,000 health and stuff from multiple fusing. Maybe a 1-fuse-per-item? Also, I think the price should be determined upon these 3 factors:

What level gear it is

What stats you will be given upon fuse

How much the actual item costs. If unobtainable by buying, have a set amount of increase/decrease for that.

One question: If you fuse level 20 and level 30, would it be level 50? Or level 20? or level 30?

Otherwise support

-Grace
-Kayla
-Natalie
-Maria
-Rowan
-Empty slot that will have a boy in it soon

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
overpowered instead of that it should the fuse should give 67 health 19 damage and 22 resist

for a better more wizard101 example

combine skyscream hood with blackrain helm and get:
8% universal resist, 21% storm damage, 185 storm critical rating, 210 health, 8% universal accuracy, 7% power pip percentage, 4% incoming healing and 5% pierce

now that's still overpowered but in a complement kind of way not a Nerf it kind it of way. some people might be worried about resist and you should not be able to use crowns items so jade is it out of the way

but lets see this example: item1: 3% storm resist fused with item2: 1 percent universal resist and you get 1% universal resist and 2% storm resist

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
How about no pvp, spending crowns/gold on it & needing more than 1 of the item?

You need to have 300 crowns per level, or 3,000 gold. This sounds expensive, but would you like to fight someone with 900 health, 18% power pip chance, +37 balance damage, +3 balance accuracy, +168 balance critical, +12 universal defense, +28 universal block, 8 piercing, 5 inc health, 9 out health & 1 Lava Lord item card. Just from their robe. Now, to get that you would need 27,000 crowns, or 270,000 gold. You would also need 3 of the item you wish to fuse. This way people don't just go into a battle like my example of the OP robe. At least not unless they spent years farming Hades. And also, no pvp, end of.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
critical blizzard on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
overpowered instead of that it should the fuse should give 67 health 19 damage and 22 resist

for a better more wizard101 example

combine skyscream hood with blackrain helm and get:
8% universal resist, 21% storm damage, 185 storm critical rating, 210 health, 8% universal accuracy, 7% power pip percentage, 4% incoming healing and 5% pierce

now that's still overpowered but in a complement kind of way not a Nerf it kind it of way. some people might be worried about resist and you should not be able to use crowns items so jade is it out of the way

but lets see this example: item1: 3% storm resist fused with item2: 1 percent universal resist and you get 1% universal resist and 2% storm resist
anyone like this idea better then the idea where you can double your stats?

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
How about no pvp, spending crowns/gold on it & needing more than 1 of the item?

You need to have 300 crowns per level, or 3,000 gold. This sounds expensive, but would you like to fight someone with 900 health, 18% power pip chance, +37 balance damage, +3 balance accuracy, +168 balance critical, +12 universal defense, +28 universal block, 8 piercing, 5 inc health, 9 out health & 1 Lava Lord item card. Just from their robe. Now, to get that you would need 27,000 crowns, or 270,000 gold. You would also need 3 of the item you wish to fuse. This way people don't just go into a battle like my example of the OP robe. At least not unless they spent years farming Hades. And also, no pvp, end of.
Support, but the best way to make it fair would be The Idea Machine's idea. It would take people's in-game and real life wallets very down, plus a few years of farming some waterworks gear, and some years with some hades' gear and maybe spend some more dozen thousands of crowns in the best class attire and no pvp. That is what I call OP fairness. Um did I mention that if someone wanted to fuse all exalted amulets would take about 150,000 crowns? Of course just estimations, but it would be a larger money maker and I doubt people want to spend say maybe 5 years of farming, saving salary, for saving more salary for the fuse, and finally the fuse. So more people would still have to buy henchmen. So with all this requirements support. Of course if one day OP-ness abuse drops maybe we can drop some extreme requirements like. Maybe a few light years away.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Luke Skysleeper on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
Support, but the best way to make it fair would be The Idea Machine's idea. It would take people's in-game and real life wallets very down, plus a few years of farming some waterworks gear, and some years with some hades' gear and maybe spend some more dozen thousands of crowns in the best class attire and no pvp. That is what I call OP fairness. Um did I mention that if someone wanted to fuse all exalted amulets would take about 150,000 crowns? Of course just estimations, but it would be a larger money maker and I doubt people want to spend say maybe 5 years of farming, saving salary, for saving more salary for the fuse, and finally the fuse. So more people would still have to buy henchmen. So with all this requirements support. Of course if one day OP-ness abuse drops maybe we can drop some extreme requirements like. Maybe a few light years away.
I think that amulets could be fusible, but I'd definitely say no to Exalted & Mastery. Unless you want people with mastery over 3 schools running around, never allow the Exalted/Mastery amulets to be fused. And I just had a strange idea, would it be possible to fuse a deck? And if so, what would happen?

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
I think that amulets could be fusible, but I'd definitely say no to Exalted & Mastery. Unless you want people with mastery over 3 schools running around, never allow the Exalted/Mastery amulets to be fused. And I just had a strange idea, would it be possible to fuse a deck? And if so, what would happen?
Um yea, the worst that can happen is someone with mastery over every school. That is OP-ness

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
anyone like this idea better then the idea where you can double your stats?
It's still too overpowered, though I prefer the idea of fusing just the highest stat of each over the idea of adding all. Just an example why it's a bad idea.
I won't even go to Hades Gear. Fusing my Deep Rolling gear and Jade gear, with my pet wand and ring boosts added, would give me:
+995 max
+102% damage
+21% accuracy
+150%resist
+145% resist
+74% resist

+93% power pips

31% in / 29% out
430 block
130 block

I think you get my point without all the stats.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Good idea!

I already made a post kind of like this one, but I don't remember many people reading it (unless it was a dream...) :3

And people, you need to realize that Kingsisle won't be ignorant enough to just plop it in. They would make sure you can't fuse an item twice, the crowns price would be much higher, and not to mention that they wouldn't let items be fused to have super stats depending on your level and the item's level. Oh, and they would also make the fuse modify the clothing's level, too.

This is a really good idea. If people say that the reason I want the crowns price to be higher is because I just want only myself to be able to afford it, then you're wrong. I probably wouldn't be able to afford a fuse since it'll be expensive, but it should be expensive because when you look at it, it should.

Honestly, I think KI should maybe think about it and perhaps put it in. It's a really good idea of yours, it is.

-Nathaniel Redflame, level 47

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
It's still too overpowered, though I prefer the idea of fusing just the highest stat of each over the idea of adding all. Just an example why it's a bad idea.
I won't even go to Hades Gear. Fusing my Deep Rolling gear and Jade gear, with my pet wand and ring boosts added, would give me:
+995 max
+102% damage
+21% accuracy
+150%resist
+145% resist
+74% resist

+93% power pips

31% in / 29% out
430 block
130 block

I think you get my point without all the stats.
i said no crowns items

Defender
May 02, 2010
Do you mean taking a stat and moving them into a spot? i.e, the Sky Iron Hasta has a +10 damage boost, but it has a low zero pip attack (fire 85 damage.)

So if you took the stat of +10 damage boost and moved it onto a Four Bells Ringing, it would be there. THat wand has an elem defuse on it. So the +10 damage boost would be placed onto the Four Bells Ringing and the Defuse placed on the Sky Iron Hasta.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I sorta support this idea. It'd have limitations, like 1 fuse per item and they have to be the same level, and maybe no fusing crown gear. Or, slap "No PVP" on all of them. And maybe make it like hatching, where you may get some aspects of it.
-Molly

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
Maybe instead, you could swap out stats.
Example:
200 -------------50
25 crit---------------50 crit
1 acc----------------3 accuracy.

Swap out the accuracy from one to the other, or the health, or the crit.

It would cost gold, from level 1-10 gear at 100 gold, to level 90-95 at 5000 gold or something.

~Rebecca Shadowflame 65
~Sierra Rose 23

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
It's okay, but it just should had many limits in order for this idea not to make the game insanely easy
-No PvP
-Prices should be really sky high
-As the item is fused, it can be unfused (which will cost you half of what you spent to fuse it)
-Only 15 fuses per Wizard
-Gear that fuses should give 500 health max.
-Perhaps as well as a time limit? Like once you fuse an item, it stays fused for about 2 weeks (the time it takes a well-taught wizard to earn 350,000 gold)
-Only auctionable gear can be fused (after that, it becomes No Auction, making it un-fusable with another item)

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Ootu Spirit on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
It's okay, but it just should had many limits in order for this idea not to make the game insanely easy
-No PvP
-Prices should be really sky high
-As the item is fused, it can be unfused (which will cost you half of what you spent to fuse it)
-Only 15 fuses per Wizard
-Gear that fuses should give 500 health max.
-Perhaps as well as a time limit? Like once you fuse an item, it stays fused for about 2 weeks (the time it takes a well-taught wizard to earn 350,000 gold)
-Only auctionable gear can be fused (after that, it becomes No Auction, making it un-fusable with another item)
I agreed like with many others the prices should be insanely high, but really? A time limit after all that hard work? Maybe we can change that for another thing? I wouldn't pay all that just for 2 weeks. Also the health max. My gear gives over 360 and I've seen gear that gives over 400. For Trancendents. All the way until ice promethean its gonna give over 500. So why not the health max be 600? Other requirements agreed.