Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Converging of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012

This is an idea of mine for the third story arch. Before you blow this off, give it a chance. It is quite cool.

The Converging of the Spiral

This takes place right after Morganthe's defeat.
Ambrose has called you to his office once more. When you enter, he is nowhere to be seen. Strangely, all the cluttered books have been cleared way to make the form of a door. You decide to enter, as it could be the only other place he could be. Inside, a small chamber is dimly lit. Stained glass windows surround the room, and a small pond supported on a tiny pedestal is in the middle. You see different images of the Spiral emanating from the stilled water, and occasionally some familiar faces from across the Spiral.
That is when you notice Ambrose, leaning limply over the pond, silhouetted. He finally looks up, upon your arrival, and begins to quickly speak.

"It is happening. I thought it impossible, but sure enough, it is happening."

You are confused and walk closer to the pond. The strangest image appears. You see a street in Marleybone, where sand has completely ridden the area. Water is pouring out of buildings, and ninja pigs are swarming the area.

Ambrose looks up at you, and back at the image.
"You must be very confused Young Wizard. Allow me to explain to you, a horrifying truth. The Spiral... The very threads that hold it together are being cut apart by some mysterious force. The worlds of the Spiral are beginning to converge. Sand is raining from the sky from Krokotopia. Water is flooding the streets of Marleybone, with fish from Celestia. It is raining Ninja Pigs out of the sky!"

The thought is ludicrous, almost funny. Although Ambrose looks dead serious.
"In a matter of days, Wizard City could be no farther than three feet away from Zafaria. Climate changes will be evident. The very land we live on will begin to shift into other world terrain. It will not be long until hostile dragons from Dragonspyre will be hovering over Unicorn Way."

You wonder what force could be strong enough to cause this, and Ambrose seems to understand what you are thinking.

"I sense evil. Much darker than anything I have ever felt. I cannot claim what it is coming from, but I do know the result of this chaos is from a single being. The Council of Light has nicknamed it the 'PuppetMaster' for now, so we may call it by name. I am afraid, we, and all of the Spiral, are the puppets."

It has dawned on you that this is much more serious than anything encountered before. Ambrose looks at you again, pain in his eyes.

"I am growing weaker. It has been happening of late. I am afraid, I cannot offer much guidance as to where we must start. The Council has indeed found some rather... Different worlds not yet met by Wizards. We will have to go through each, until it is obvious that the evil is present from the world we travel to. I am afraid this quest will take a lot of traveling. Back to other worlds and into new. As you go, the Spiral will begin to change. I bid you good luck."

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Hmm ... the idea seems insane, terrifying, and yet I like it. Would be cool, I'd want to see the ninja pigs falling out of the sky. (flying piggies!) Great idea. Hope it becomes reality. Adios.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Also, that suggests that the worlds of the spiral are falling out of orbit. It doesn't make much sense, as if that were to happen, each world would fly off in a straight line, most likely not hitting or even coming near each other. Also, that suggests gravity is failing, which I deem unlikely though possible if dark forces are at work. Lastly, if gravity were to fail, the moving of the worlds would be instantaneous, not happening gradually as you suggest. If this "puppetmaster" were to be altering the worlds' orbits, or reducing the gravity that pulls them into orbit, I would say this is not only unlikely, but impossible. If this dark force were moving the worlds with strange spells, which would be the most likely thing considering the effects, this force would contain much more power than possible for us to defeat, like, ever. Just to put this on a slightly more scientific note.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
To add on, there will be another series of five worlds, which Kingsisle can choose to do, (I am only setting up the arch) and you will be traveling back and forth to all the worlds noticing at first subtle changes, then huge changes to the worlds. It will not affect gameplay in the original story for those worlds or side quests and the changes can only be seen by those in that story arch.

THANKS!!!

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
A complete shakeup... Some will love it, some will hate it. Reminds me of Cataclysm in WoW...

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
Delver
Aug 26, 2012
braeinic on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
A complete shakeup... Some will love it, some will hate it. Reminds me of Cataclysm in WoW...
Well guess I'm in the groups who loves it

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
Also, that suggests that the worlds of the spiral are falling out of orbit. It doesn't make much sense, as if that were to happen, each world would fly off in a straight line, most likely not hitting or even coming near each other. Also, that suggests gravity is failing, which I deem unlikely though possible if dark forces are at work. Lastly, if gravity were to fail, the moving of the worlds would be instantaneous, not happening gradually as you suggest. If this "puppetmaster" were to be altering the worlds' orbits, or reducing the gravity that pulls them into orbit, I would say this is not only unlikely, but impossible. If this dark force were moving the worlds with strange spells, which would be the most likely thing considering the effects, this force would contain much more power than possible for us to defeat, like, ever. Just to put this on a slightly more scientific note.

I like you. You should be a Wizard Mythbuster .

Anyways, indeed, I can see many flaws in my story, but I am but a teenager so, I am sure Kingsisle can polish it up. We have faced many villains who are unbelievably powerful, having up to 30,000 health and yet we range in the 3,000's to 5,000's.
Personally, the villain would not be able to do it by himself. In each world you would find some of his right (and left ) hand men.

Now, I am taking my idea with a grain of salt. Of course, yes to some people, they might hate it. And others may like it. Would it change the game forever? No. The worlds will be restored by the end of the arch. Will it change the game while you are in the arch? Indeed, and this is where I see most people not liking it.

Again, only people in that arch would see the changes, and they would not be vital. In the new worlds, since you don't know them, then yes there may be huge changes.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

Anyways, indeed, I can see many flaws in my story, but I am but a teenager so, I am sure Kingsisle can polish it up. We have faced many villains who are unbelievably powerful, having up to 30,000 health and yet we range in the 3,000's to 5,000's.
Personally, the villain would not be able to do it by himself. In each world you would find some of his right (and left ) hand men.

Now, I am taking my idea with a grain of salt. Of course, yes to some people, they might hate it. And others may like it. Would it change the game forever? No. The worlds will be restored by the end of the arch. Will it change the game while you are in the arch? Indeed, and this is where I see most people not liking it.

Again, only people in that arch would see the changes, and they would not be vital. In the new worlds, since you don't know them, then yes there may be huge changes.
Lol, I might be a wizard mythbuster. I'm a wizard. I'm myth. And i'm quite obsessed with the mythbusters tv show. Would be cool, but it would be very different for KI to do, because I don't think it would be easy to make it rain ninja pigs and flood in marleybone. I like the idea, but it would be quite difficult. I still hope they do something similar, because I would love to see it raining ninja pigs.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013

Don't forget: Magic. Logic need not apply. And the worlds have never seemed in my eye to be exactly following the standard rules of planets either...

Also, who's to say that the ancients who split the first world into the Spiral didn't dream of it all coming back together again one day, and created a failsafe or artifact to allow such an event? Yet danger looms, because the Spiral is either completely incapable of surviving a convergence, or simply not ready yet (give it an aeon or two and it might be),

Survivor
May 25, 2012
The story is nice... But the Puppetmaster as a villain's name? The previous names were like, Malistaire, Morganthe, you would need to spruce up the name a little. And Ambrose turning his head! That would need a ton more then just throwing some code in there! Hope I could help!

Benjamin Icecrafter lvl 95

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
Hmmm interesting point, but remember that's a moniker assigned by people who don't know the villain's true name yet. I'm thinking something vaguely sounding like Mordred would be good here if it's not already used; I have gotten up to Marleybone, Grizzleheim, and Wysteria so far, and I expect if any such name has been used it's at Avalon... Hmmm...

Delver
Apr 21, 2012

Sorry, but I gave up logic the moment I set foot in Golem Tower and found a pair of evil dragon creatures.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
braeinic on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
Hmmm interesting point, but remember that's a moniker assigned by people who don't know the villain's true name yet. I'm thinking something vaguely sounding like Mordred would be good here if it's not already used; I have gotten up to Marleybone, Grizzleheim, and Wysteria so far, and I expect if any such name has been used it's at Avalon... Hmmm...
I don't think so I started Avalon recently but I haven't seen that name or anything close to it, it might still work

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
oh no the lava from dragonspyre will melt other worlds the undead from azteca will take over all the non melted worlds if we don't act quick

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
Ruthless Anthony on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

the immortals in tartarus have 30,000 health each

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013