Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Endless battles 'passing'

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
So just came back in game after some hours and what's the shock to find the same ranked 3v3 match going on so I thought to post it here.

It is not the first time I see a battle going on for hours. People (normally low levels) running out of cards or knowing they can't kill with their spells and keep passing with some cards left in deck so they wont get defeated.

So I thought that something should be done like end battle after certain number of passes in a row that player should lose, or draw or something. This is the result of ending with unlimited reshuffle card O.o.

So can we this be done too?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2013
Well it's a good idea but lets be honest the creators of this game made the "Passing" system for you to use it. So in reality continuously passing is actually part of the game... I know it is weird that people just abuse the pass button in order not to lose but I guess all us w101 players can do is deal with it

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't really see the issue. If they just keep passing, kill them. How does this hurt you? If they aren't using any spells it should make it all that much easier to setup and kill them.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I don't really see the issue. If they just keep passing, kill them. How does this hurt you? If they aren't using any spells it should make it all that much easier to setup and kill them.
Thesist was saying that it was impossible to kill them, having only one card left on both players. This makes it impossible for the match to end unless one player either flees or uses their final card. I don't think it even times you out when doing this, so it could go on infinitely, and there probably should be a fix to this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
Thesist was saying that it was impossible to kill them, having only one card left on both players. This makes it impossible for the match to end unless one player either flees or uses their final card. I don't think it even times you out when doing this, so it could go on infinitely, and there probably should be a fix to this.
Still don't see the need for a fix. If you have a problem with it, stop passing and take the loss. You'd have to stay online and keep passing. The "winner" outlasts the other. It's poor planning on both sides that would cause this anyways and I'd imagine it's very rare. I've never seen it happen.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
Well if nobody wants to take the lose, they run out of their treasure cards that are the ones that suppose to end the opponent that didn't, normally on low levels that dont have the cards enough to kill a fly. Seen it a couple of times and will see more i am sure of that. Should be a system like diego for ranked matches as well or no allowed to pass more than few times in a row and either end match with a draw or something.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Thesist on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Well if nobody wants to take the lose, they run out of their treasure cards that are the ones that suppose to end the opponent that didn't, normally on low levels that dont have the cards enough to kill a fly. Seen it a couple of times and will see more i am sure of that. Should be a system like diego for ranked matches as well or no allowed to pass more than few times in a row and either end match with a draw or something.
It's supposed to, after 10 passes by both the match is a draw and ends.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
It's supposed to, after 10 passes by both the match is a draw and ends.
I agree with this. This is what should happen