Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water Works Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Hey I got a big question I know waterworks hat is dropped by senior Squid and armor and boots by final fight but I really think they should have more than one boss drop the armor especially around my 26th try I isa didn't gets ze armor What's. Up with all the Consuming time some of us don't have Lail FireHead Level 62

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
UnlimitedEpicness on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Hey I got a big question I know waterworks hat is dropped by senior Squid and armor and boots by final fight but I really think they should have more than one boss drop the armor especially around my 26th try I isa didn't gets ze armor What's. Up with all the Consuming time some of us don't have Lail FireHead Level 62
I think many of us feel your frustration in this matter. I know on my first 2 wizards I lost count of how many times I had to run this with no net results. I now craft the WT gear but would really like the WW gear for all my wizards but as I have made new wizards of other schools the amount of time I would have to spend in there is beyond what I can afford, it would reduce my game time to just repeating this instance over and over again for months. I would much rather spend my subscription time questing in the Spiral then waste it farming since that is something I can see results in.

There doesn't seem to be an interest in making the drop rate higher in this instance so that many will get it instead of it being just for those who have the time to invest in it. I am for giving it as a level 60 reward. Kids suffer the most because they do not have the computer time needed to waste on this instance. I can pretty much run them though other instances in the Spiral though the end of Avalon but this one is just too long for me to ram them though. Don't even get me started on how menu chat is treated here.

The quality of game play is effected by the fact that in upper worlds you don't have this gear and most end up having to have someone help them constantly or they have to give up. In the end why not make it so more players can play the game?

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree with everything Mary said. I have seen so many people in terrible gear from 50 levels ago, for no other reason than the gear they need to survive isn't easily accessible.

My balance wizard has done Tartarus 30-40 times, and has only ever gotten her boots. I have all but given up on even trying to get the rest, and so I took her into Khrysalis with her waterworks gear; she's been fine so far, but I would rather that the Hades gear be something I can expect to get eventually~ something to look forward to, versus "oh no, not this again".

Waterworks is just as bad now. My balance and death wizards went through the instance when it was first released, and they got their gear within a few runs. But, when KI added mastery amulets to the mix and lowered the drop rate on everything (to avoid mass farming), the difference was staggering~ my legendary theurgist is level 63 and has only her robe; my storm wizard got her boots and hat within the first 20 tries, but had to do the instance over again for 15 FREAKING LEVELS before she got her Skyscream robe at level 75. This isn't just unfair~ it's ridiculous.

I am an adult. I already have so much going on, with work and school and relationships... I simply don't have the time to go over the same instances again and again in vain, since the time I put in obviously gets me nowhere.

Please, KI~ listen to your community!

-v.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
I agree with everything Mary said. I have seen so many people in terrible gear from 50 levels ago, for no other reason than the gear they need to survive isn't easily accessible.

My balance wizard has done Tartarus 30-40 times, and has only ever gotten her boots. I have all but given up on even trying to get the rest, and so I took her into Khrysalis with her waterworks gear; she's been fine so far, but I would rather that the Hades gear be something I can expect to get eventually~ something to look forward to, versus "oh no, not this again".

Waterworks is just as bad now. My balance and death wizards went through the instance when it was first released, and they got their gear within a few runs. But, when KI added mastery amulets to the mix and lowered the drop rate on everything (to avoid mass farming), the difference was staggering~ my legendary theurgist is level 63 and has only her robe; my storm wizard got her boots and hat within the first 20 tries, but had to do the instance over again for 15 FREAKING LEVELS before she got her Skyscream robe at level 75. This isn't just unfair~ it's ridiculous.

I am an adult. I already have so much going on, with work and school and relationships... I simply don't have the time to go over the same instances again and again in vain, since the time I put in obviously gets me nowhere.

Please, KI~ listen to your community!

-v.
My Life and Death wizard where able to pass though WW when that drop rate was better but still it was about 35 times total.

My Life wizard still wears the Wintertusk Crafted Helmet, Waterworks Robe and Waterworks Boots. I have come across a pair of boots called Esprit Boots dropped by the Hammer in Nordrilund, they are very similar to WW boots. The drop rate is very good, in our last pass doing that side quest both our wizards recieved them.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Esprit_Boots

I am not going to say I don't farm for things in the game any more but I only farm for things that seem to happen after a few passes and the instances aren't so time consuming and the event has to be soloable so I can repeat it on my time frame.
Mary StarGem lvl 90

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Raw chance is perfectly fair, because it can't be manipulated. You can't bribe or threaten lady luck.

Think of it this way. Make a plain box about a foot wide, write experiment on the front, and cut a round hole in the top about three fingers wide. Now, place it in a well traveled area where people can see it, but tell no one why you put it there. If you want to place it in front of a store you will need to get permission, you may tell the manager that the box is a school science experiment about statistics, if you are lucky he may let you keep it there two weeks. In which case you would just change location each time for as long as you care to continue the experiment.

Your goal is for someone to put a dime or a 0.10 euro coin in the box. The only thing you are allowed to do is remove any items that are collected by the box. You will find various pieces of trash, larger or smaller coins, the box may be stolen, the contents may be stolen, the box may remain empty, or the first person to pass by may drop a ten cent coin in the box. The point is, you have no control over the situation, all you can do is provide the opportunity (the box) and collect what is inside it.

Boss battles are the opportunity; the specific item you want to drop is the ten cent coin; the trash and other coins are other drops.

So how long will it take for a random person to drop a ten cent coin in your box? (Of course after I write this, you may need to change the value of your target coin, I don't know how many people read these forums...)

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Just this past Sunday, my younger brother and I set up for some serious WW farming. Being the base level to go into WW, I thought it would be a struggle to go in and do multiple farming sessions. But our Storm/Balance combo seemed to work, and with some assistance from our higher level friends, my brother Brian and I got all of our gear within four runs! FOUR! I was quite happy with these results, considering my Thaumaturge only got her robe and hat within at least 15 runs. Now I don't have to seriously farm WW again! (Phew!)

Mackenzie Stormblade
Legendary Diviner

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
To be honest i don't think its worth the time so i'm trying to craft wintertusk gear or farm Poseidon instead.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
For me,
Waterworks will always have me farming.
I'll either farm the gear, or farm the Amulets.
I try to attack waterworks at least once every time I play
Takes only a few minutes, and the chance of getting something is good enough.

Wintertusk gear is comparible, so if yo udo't like farming, try that

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
skull98oo on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
To be honest i don't think its worth the time so i'm trying to craft wintertusk gear or farm Poseidon instead.
I just got the hat and it was worth it and it didn't even take an hour. I take back what i said

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I finally got the whole set of waterworks gear and a mastery amulet after to days of farming so drops aren't as rare of you try it multiple times with higher levels

Defender
May 01, 2011
Farming Water Works can be extremely irritating. The long duels, high-health monsters, and cheating bosses. I have two of the hats and boots! After a lot of farming, I still don't have the robe! Trust me, not getting what you want the first try when farming is normal.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Your absolutely right about this problem. This is my 10th Try going into waterworks and I'm repeatedly getting the Hood and Robe over and over, and seemingly not able to get the boots.
I would appreciate if they fix this problem, or make the bosses more capable of dropping the waterworks gear.
I currently have:
FireStarter's Hood
FireStarter's Robe
This waterworks problem has been going along for awhile, so I really think they should fix it.
Plus, I dont think its worth it doing at least 2 hours every time for this dungeon, just to get one piece of the gear.
So what I'm concluding: Let the gear drop chance be higher.
Thanks!

John BearShade Level 62

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
John BearShade on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
Your absolutely right about this problem. This is my 10th Try going into waterworks and I'm repeatedly getting the Hood and Robe over and over, and seemingly not able to get the boots.
I would appreciate if they fix this problem, or make the bosses more capable of dropping the waterworks gear.
I currently have:
FireStarter's Hood
FireStarter's Robe
This waterworks problem has been going along for awhile, so I really think they should fix it.
Plus, I dont think its worth it doing at least 2 hours every time for this dungeon, just to get one piece of the gear.
So what I'm concluding: Let the gear drop chance be higher.
Thanks!

John BearShade Level 62
If you don't think it's worth the 2 hours (which is a really long run), why have you continued to keep running it?
Making rare stuff into common stuff doesn't improve anything. Frankly without rare drops a lot of people would have quit this game a long time ago. It doesn't take very long to finish the spiral. Without farming for good gear, pets, cards, spells and items there would be nothing left to do for many of us. If you aren't a PvP player, there's not a whole lot to do for the other 360 days after a new world comes out until the next one comes out. Having rare drops allows something to keep players interested in something.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
If you don't think it's worth the 2 hours (which is a really long run), why have you continued to keep running it?
Making rare stuff into common stuff doesn't improve anything. Frankly without rare drops a lot of people would have quit this game a long time ago. It doesn't take very long to finish the spiral. Without farming for good gear, pets, cards, spells and items there would be nothing left to do for many of us. If you aren't a PvP player, there's not a whole lot to do for the other 360 days after a new world comes out until the next one comes out. Having rare drops allows something to keep players interested in something.
I'm not saying that they should make it so easy to drop it. I'm saying that they should make it capable to drop the gear instead of doing it 100 times. If I'm continuously getting the same parts of the waterworks gear over and over, it wouldnt make any sense. What i'm saying is that once you get the parts of the gear, it should potentially drop the next part of the gear. It shouldnt continuously drop the same gear over and over.

Also, I dont mind farming waterworks over and over. I'm just trying to prove my point on how this is time consuming.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
John BearShade on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm not saying that they should make it so easy to drop it. I'm saying that they should make it capable to drop the gear instead of doing it 100 times. If I'm continuously getting the same parts of the waterworks gear over and over, it wouldnt make any sense. What i'm saying is that once you get the parts of the gear, it should potentially drop the next part of the gear. It shouldnt continuously drop the same gear over and over.

Also, I dont mind farming waterworks over and over. I'm just trying to prove my point on how this is time consuming.
I agree with the time consuming. I realize unless you sweat it out in this place over and over again you don't deserve your gear but geez. I currently have many wizards on my list that just don't have the computer time for these things and just go with what they got to play the game - how "fun" is that and sad really.

On my first wizard I got 2 hoods and then 2 boots and several useless runs before I finally got the robe. I repeated the process on my Death wizard and never got the boots before I finally cried Uncle enough of that place. I realized I really don't want to spend my game time repeating something so many times with a greater possibility of no reward then getting a reward. Doing WW roughly 35 times burnt me out on the farming motif in general. I leave it to the people who think that is fun and moved on.

Mary