Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you think Cyrus is a bad professer ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Hello every wizard . This is a question for every wizard including wizards! Do you think Cyrus Drake is a bad professer!? I have had 5 wizards say yes to me in the game . Please reply we need up to 1,000 wizards to convince wizard 101 they need to change Cyrus Drake's personality . He cannot keep treating students like that .

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
he gets nicer in dragonspyre

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
He's Malistaire's brother, he's not supposed to come across as a nice guy. But he's very much like Snape in the Potter stories. You don't like him, but he really is one of the good guys.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
WHAT Cyrus is not a bad professor!!! He is in fact my favorite . His rude remarks make me laugh . He's awesome! Why would some people want to change a professor? His annoyed behavior is not bad or "bad treatment" then Kingsisle would not have put it in the game . Is awesome and so is professor drake!

If professor drake was truly mean he wouldn't help you stop malistaire and guide you through dragonsypre.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Cyrus Drake is awesome! Once you get past level 40+ he starts treating you better. He's great and reminds me of Snape from the HP Series. Seriously he's pretty sweet. My favorite professor after Greyrose who is always proud of your accomplishments and seems like the person who would give out cookies to everyone.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
He isn't that bad of a teacher.

True he tries to get every student expelled for a certain lame reason and doesn't give the warmest of welcomes to newer students

But the reason he is so tough on students is because your the spiral's hope and he wants you to realize your potential.

Besides his brother went mad wanting to save his wife so he deeply wants you to help his brother Malistaire find peace.

Personally my wizard (who is a bit lazy :P ) doesn't like him that much but she loves the spell quests he gives her.

Professor Cyrus Drake isn't the most popular of teachers but it isn't the only reason people hate him.
He and his brother look quite a like and thus many students just assume he is malistaire (Sorry Cyrus but you need some fire shields because those Flamezilla pets might be mad at you :P )

He is possibly the reason why my storm wizard made this joke in her free time
"Myth wizards are a myth because Cyrus is Malistaire's clone brother"
Since myth wizards are kinda rare

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
He is mean but his brother Mallistare is um,EVIL!!! If your brother was trying to kill you and your family and friends what would you do? Also in dragonspyre,he helps you. He is supposed to be like that.
Alia Winterwhisper,

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I do not think Cyrus is a bad professor. I have a balance wizard (level 49) and a myth wizard (level 12), and even though Cyrus is mean at first, he gains respect for you after Dragonspyre. Am I correct in assuming you haven't been to Dragonspyre yet?

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
No way, I think it's kinda funny, plus KI would have to do a lot of redesigning.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
When you start the game he tries to expel you from ravenwood for no reson. However get to dragonspire and he would warm up to you. But mostly bad. I think he is like thatbecause his brother malistre is evil.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
No... I think bad might be a strong word. Cyrus has problems with anger and is often frustrated, but he gets the job done. It's supposed to be his personality.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
eriniceheart. on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Hello every wizard . This is a question for every wizard including wizards! Do you think Cyrus Drake is a bad professer!? I have had 5 wizards say yes to me in the game . Please reply we need up to 1,000 wizards to convince wizard 101 they need to change Cyrus Drake's personality . He cannot keep treating students like that .
Absolutely not!
In fact, he's one of my favorites. He is a bit stern at first, but once you earn his respect, he softens up quite a bit. Respect is earned, young wizard. In real life with Cyrus.

And I hate to tell you but even 1000 wizards won't make a difference in a game that hosts over 30 millions users.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Well I like him and I think he's a good professor. It's true he's rather crabby and irritable but he is Malistaire's brother and he's the key to Dragonspyre and defeating Malistaire. He warms up to you eventually, too. (Kinda) Anyways his remarks are what really makes him a good character and professor. Plus he's the one who sends us to Aquila.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Well, he does make the game more interesting, seeing as how all the professors don't have the same personality. And anyways, if you could find a school where all the professors were nicew, by all means, sign me up.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
he's there for the humor, nothing else. (oh yeah, and to teach myth students) i mean, the laundry incident! all the lolz

Gabriel Ashcaller

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Each teacher is different.

Our fire teacher- she's the one who is supposed to be nice, and to be a great teacher. She is my 2nd favorite.
Our ice teacher- the main person on the message boards. Knows the hawsers to most. Wise. Uh, elder.
Our storm teacher- the small put powerful one. Supposed to be funny, but nice also.
Our life teacher- the nice one. She reminds me of Yoda, calm and nice, but not 900 years old.
Our death teacher- mostly for jokes. He ties for my favorite teacher, because he is lazy and funny.
Our balance teacher- old. Wise. Awesome. Favorite teacher of mine.

What is the trait not used yet? Mean. I admit, he is a little harsh, but later on he is the only teacher to volunteer to help us in DS. Would you be a little no edge if your brother went mad and then died?

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Hey! Cyrus Drake is amazing! He is strict to shove you to your best content, and to defend the spiral. Quit it!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Nope, he has probably the most un-enviable job in all of Ravenwood. He has to prepare ALL young wizards to corner and defeat his own brother and colleague. I think he handles it in a most professional and stoic manner, acidic personality notwithstanding.

Could you picture any other professor willing and able to betray and defeat their own family in that way?

Maybe Lydia Greyrose, she has the professional integrity to openly admit and apologize for a mistake that caused chaos on Colossus Blvd.

I don't think even Merle Ambrose would have the ethical and moral fibre to do what Cyrus was burdened with. He had ample warning of Morganthe being a menace to society, but could not bring himself to destroy her.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
You want to change Professer Drake's personality?!?!? He's not really a bad teacher, in fact he gets nicer later on in the game, but just having issues with people because some people accuse him of helping his brother (Mailistaire in case you didn't know) cause turmoil in the Spiral. He may be snobby at some times but he does give the game a few laughs with his irony. I wouldn't have it any other way for the most part.

Charles Nightsword, Level 37 See you in the Spiral (or not)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
wait lol they made him nicer and i am dissappointed cause they made it so he is nice but only AFTER you kill his brother

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
At first he made me feel a bit Snaped, but since he is a Snape, he generally warms up to my adventures in Dragonspyre. We're pretty close friends now.

-Isaac Goldenriver
"Thank's for getting my laundry" -Cyrus Drake

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
eriniceheart. on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
I think he is an awesome teacher. he keeps us determined, so we will always want to do more. he gains soo much respect when you enter Azteca.
Justin firethief lvl 95

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
At first he made me feel a bit Snaped, but since he is a Snape, he generally warms up to my adventures in Dragonspyre. We're pretty close friends now.

-Isaac Goldenriver
"Thank's for getting my laundry" -Cyrus Drake
haha nice ending quote! made me crack up. but seriously cyrus is my favorite professor and I would never want him to change. he just pushes us to our limits.

when its easy, its not fun

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
Jasmine Roseflame on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
he gets nicer in dragonspyre
Cyrus Drake is still rude, to his brother! Maybe we could have a quest saying that something was wrong with him, like Morganthe struck him with a dark spore, which will grow and make him turn evil, when you complete it he will be really HAPPY! It could be a level 10+ quest. Make it anyway you want, Kingsisle, I just totally regret choosing Myth, and can you make Ivan talk faster, I get REALLY bored listening to him going so slow. He's like this: You.... must..... get...... some...... troll...... esscence. He's nice, but slow!