Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you think Cyrus is a bad professer ?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Professor Cyrus isn't bad, just grumpy. Just think about it. He had a brother go bad and had to go against him and the biggest thing is explaining myth!! You see myth is make believe, but once you see mythical creatures are real it is no longer myth cause myth is make believe but it's real cause it's here in front of you but not really there cause it's a mythical creature since they don't exist! Try explaining that to every student and be bombarded with question and see if that doesn't get you grumpy.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
He's Malistaire's brother, he's not supposed to come across as a nice guy. But he's very much like Snape in the Potter stories. You don't like him, but he really is one of the good guys.
I agree, and love the Harry Potter joke. They both get nicer on in the series though.
Alexander Wintermender Level 8

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
He is a great professor! He made things so much better for me with support and stuff like that against Malistaire in Dragonspyre. You and your friends are obviously not in Dragonspyre yet, but quest and you will see he gets way way better.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
RavenLady777 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Absolutely not!
In fact, he's one of my favorites. He is a bit stern at first, but once you earn his respect, he softens up quite a bit. Respect is earned, young wizard. In real life with Cyrus.

And I hate to tell you but even 1000 wizards won't make a difference in a game that hosts over 30 millions users.
your right that won't make any difference at all you would need at least 20 million wizards and that would never happen Cyrus is boss

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Jasmine Roseflame on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
he gets nicer in dragonspyre
Are you a myth? He's still pretty rude throughout a Conjurer's storyline, to tell you the truth.

-Alexander "Lexi" Skullspear Level 93

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Angela Gem on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
your right that won't make any difference at all you would need at least 20 million wizards and that would never happen Cyrus is boss
What about her right?

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Cyrus is my favorite professor. I'm not saying this because i'm myth. I'm saying this because its just true. In fact, he reminds me of some people irl. He's hard on the outside, insulting you and pretending he wants you guys to get killed, but you can just tell, on the inside, he really thinks we're awesome. Or at least later on he does. In fact, in a myth spell quest, perhaps the cl calendar one, he actually compliments you. So I think cyrus is awesome. :)

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Well, let's see... if your brother was on his way to crazy, your city under siege, and your only hope a newbie wizard, how nice would you be?

My little myth wizard is level 40 now. I think Cyrus is starting to warm to him, lol.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
I recently defeated Malistaire for the first time, and when I went back to the Headmaster's office, Cyrus actually complimented me! (I think he does, right?)

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Cyrus Drake is one of the best features of Ravenwood School. He's the one professor whose respect has to be earned, whether it's by mastering your minion summonings as a myth student or by mastering Malistaire as any sort of student.

He's just fine the way he is. :)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Slickriptide on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
Cyrus Drake is one of the best features of Ravenwood School. He's the one professor whose respect has to be earned, whether it's by mastering your minion summonings as a myth student or by mastering Malistaire as any sort of student.

He's just fine the way he is. :)
i wish they would have kept him mean in the second arc

think of this you hate someone with all your guts a while after meeting them they kill your brother and you start to like them for killing your brother? wow that's a family i wouldn't wanna be in

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Haha. No way. The rude comments he makes always makes me laugh. He's not so bad. He's better in DragonSpyre.

-Sydney DragonWhisper Promethean Diviner (95)

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
superspy2 on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
Cyrus Drake is still rude, to his brother! Maybe we could have a quest saying that something was wrong with him, like Morganthe struck him with a dark spore, which will grow and make him turn evil, when you complete it he will be really HAPPY! It could be a level 10+ quest. Make it anyway you want, Kingsisle, I just totally regret choosing Myth, and can you make Ivan talk faster, I get REALLY bored listening to him going so slow. He's like this: You.... must..... get...... some...... troll...... esscence. He's nice, but slow!
According to the school tests you take sometimes when creating your wizard, Conjurers are very serious (But i'm not!) So it would make sense for Ivan to talk bland. And Cyrus Drake becoming happy! Are you nuts! I am sorry but i could never see him becoming jolly! Its just... impossible!

~AngelcatDemondog

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Monquistans78 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
What's a "proffesser."
Professor? some one who teaches a certain subject. Usually you find that title in collages.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
This has not been confirmed, but I believe that Cyrus Drake is an allusion towards Severus Snape who I at first hated, but then loved. This will hopefully be the same for you once you reach Dragonspyre

Survivor
Nov 17, 2011
My first reaction to Cyrus Drake:
"Bleh why is this guy even in the game"
I still think of him that way and I'm in Zafaria :L

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Haha, no. I admit he is harsh... in the first 40 or so levels. Then when you get to DS, etc. he stops making rude remarks. Like I thouht when I was going to get to Hades, he would go like, "HEHEHAHAAHHEHEAH, Hades!? You can't beat him if you had 10 clones helping you"... but he said no such thing, I think he is mad when you come in, thinking you are a hopeless cause that can't save the spiral, but once you get closer to the point where you battle Malistare, he becomes a LOT nicer.

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
What level are you? Because once you get past level 40 he isn't so bad. And it is just to add fun in the game (though the only thing he likes to do is study quietly) and you can see more about him at this link: https://www.wizard101.com/game/myth-school and then see Cyrus Drake and that will tell about him, and you know that he is malistares brother by the way.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
I honestly do not think Cyrus is a bad professor. He seems pretty abrasive but, when have to consider his situation. His brother has gone off the deep end because of his dead wife, his city is falling to pieces and he has the stress of trying to teach a whole new generation of students in hope at least one of them can save the Spiral, I imagine he's under a lot of pressure.

- Fiona GriffinGrove Level 17 Student

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
I don't think so because he is probable under alot of pressures because all the teachers have to teach 1,000 students for a less one of then to save the spiral so he is probableunder alot of pressure.

Amber StarGrove- level 16- students

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Well, he gets nicer and nicer in the storyline. So I bet that he isn't bad, nor good.
Once I've met him at lvl 30 for a quest in aquilla, and he was very friendly. So I guess that cyrus isn't that bad at all. In fact, I think he is the most interesting teacher in Wizard101.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Please, oh please don't change Cyrus!
He's my favorite teacher in the whole game, and on top of that he's so important. He sends myth students after imaginary lorax plants! Also, if you pay very close attention to the lines of Khrysilas, it appears that he has a crush on Lydia Greyrose. (She says that he can't say no to her) He sends you all around the spiral, figuring out weird mysteries and saving myth things.
You also have to remember, its been stated before, he is the last remaining member of the spirit triangle family. Slyvia taught life, and she died in a horrible cold. Malistare went insane at her death and started trying to raise the undead. When Cyrus and the other teachers tried to talk some sense into him, he brought an army of undead into their world and told them to kill everyone inside. Then, Cyrus realized that he had no choice but to destroy his own brother. On top of that, his brother returned as a ghost in Azteca, forcing our wizard to fight him again.
I would be grumpy, too

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
No he's just strict. Like he just doesn't want you do goof around. And i am a myth student and I think he's mean just because he's trying to get us to bulk up

Noah shadow sword

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
well cyrus didn't get all mad and nuts when you defeated his bro. Also he is funny. when he meets he is like after ds he is ( cool ).