Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trouble Targeting Bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
When I reached the Soulkeeper in Krokatopia, I was unable to target him during battle. I tried moving my mouse around him but I wasn't able to click on him to attack. I was able to target and kill his minion just fine, but I couldn't target him. So far this is the only boss that I've encountered this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MadMonsterr on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
When I reached the Soulkeeper in Krokatopia, I was unable to target him during battle. I tried moving my mouse around him but I wasn't able to click on him to attack. I was able to target and kill his minion just fine, but I couldn't target him. So far this is the only boss that I've encountered this.
I found this with another boss in Krok. And reported it. They assumed it was fixed. It's not.

You can, however click on the NAME above the boss and cast your spell that way.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I found this with another boss in Krok. And reported it. They assumed it was fixed. It's not.

You can, however click on the NAME above the boss and cast your spell that way.
Thanks! It also happened to me at the Marleybonian Archives and other 2 places, but now i know how to attack

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Had the same problem as first poster, and quite by accident my pet gave me an answer. When nothing was working and I was about to give up, my smith pet coughed up his blizzard all enemy spell. Since I didn't have to target the enemy it worked. A meteor strike after that finished the boss.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2013
ya, i had the same problem with the same boss. im just glad im not the only one with that trouble

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I had the same problem, but it was with everything. From PvP, to mobs. I figured out it just had to load, and I was fine from there on. How I attacked, was clicked around their name tag, or right above them. It works just fine now though.