Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance VS Balance = Impossible........

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
We all know balance is the only class with no convert. this makes is EXTREMELEY hard to fight for a balance person to fight a balance opponent. (I have a lvl 77 balance, so I know) sure, we got spectral blast, hydra and chimer, but those are pretty low damage dealing spells. So here is 2 ideas for what KI should do to improve this

They need to do one of these two
1 . Make a balance convert, make it be : Convert to or . (do the same with a mass prism)

2. Make it so there is balance Mobs/Bosses BUT they have no balance resistance to balance,

Both of these would be sufficient in improving this problem.

Fred, Level 77 Wizard

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I've been thinking about that too, even though I am a fire wizard. It seems so hard, and I've been wondering why they don't have convert.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
yeah i hate facing balance creatures but it gives me a bit of a challenge

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
Since the Balance tree is where everyone gets their spirit blades and traps, why not let balance have hydra converts as a reward for helping everyone else load up?

Convert Hydra - converts to 1/3 strength , , and . Card is a shield with the normal hydra head.
Convert Spirit Hydra - converts to 1/3 strength , , and . Card is a shield with a new hydra head of yellow, black and green (which could also lead to a cool new spirit hydra treasure card).

So a 600 point balance hit for example would give roughly 200 points for each school of the triad. Giving balance three times the flexibility of converting is offset by each convert having a built in resist ( for and for ). Would be a nice perk against storm and myth though.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Um for me its not that impossible, although my balance is only 17, all I do is storm trap, balance blade, shield if i'm low on health, and a precision boom dead. Try that with your other school spells. You'll get the hang of it

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a level 91 balance wizard. I have never had any difficulty fighting balance. Yes, it is a little more time consuming, but not impossible, or what I would consider overly difficult.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I think KI is set in not giving Balance converts as they have on opposites. However, I would like to see Balance gain Spiritual and Elemental Converts to give them more sway in group play. Example:

Elemental Convert
Pips: 0
Acc.: 100%
Type: Ward
Convert ,,&Damage to ,,& Damage

Spiritual Convert
Pips: 0
Type: Ward
Convert ,,&Damage to ,,& Damage

Adding Balance into these spells, I think, forces them into a state of randomness or they can only use the first ward, which puts them, to an extant, at a disadvantage. I don't think that a Balance convert in the suggestion I discribed above should happen.

Instead, can we think of things a little differently? I'm tired of hearing Balance crying out for a convert. It's been overused and oversaid over the years. I have a different approach in mind.

Balance spells are generally designed for more group play and universal use, correct? Also, its been a long time since Balance was equiped with a new spell enhancing mechanism. So here's my proposal on the matter:

How about Balance gain an 'X' rank universal pierce spell early on in the game, possibly between Level 25-45 to help face other Balance monsters? (with other schools gain a new spell for fairness of course). Balance mobs do not cast any shields that interfere with incoming Balance damage. They only use their resistance. Balance mobs also only use Weakness and even in higher worlds, don't use Fortify and very few times are they paired with Ice mobs. So here's the spell:

Encroach
Pips: X
Type: Charm
+10% Pierce per Pip

With a set of 7 Power Pips, Balance could gain 140% Pierce to their enemy if they so please. This spell could also be used on other players, which stays in Balance's range of group play. I would favor this spell be obtained at Level 45 so that the school still stays as a harder-to-handle school. Any thoughts?

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Ya see, the challenge is what makes balance unique. I say use some blades and a chimera to show the opponent exactly how to deal damage.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
I think balance monsters should not have balance resistance. It is harder to defeat them and is time consuming. In Krokotopia it is hard for my balance wizard to win when they team up on my wizard. I am a level 19 balance wizard almost level 20 and going to Grizzlihiem and Wintertusk

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Balance is fine just the way it is. Every school has some things that are hard and some that are easy. Balance vs Balance isn't something we often have to do, and while we don't have prisms, Balance is the only school that can can do damage from other schools without needing mastery or training points. Besides that there are Infallible, Unstoppable, Shrike, pet spells, treasure cards, gear with pierce, etc. Be creative. Balance vs Balance fights are interesting, not impossible.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
Since the Balance tree is where everyone gets their spirit blades and traps, why not let balance have hydra converts as a reward for helping everyone else load up?

Convert Hydra - converts to 1/3 strength , , and . Card is a shield with the normal hydra head.
Convert Spirit Hydra - converts to 1/3 strength , , and . Card is a shield with a new hydra head of yellow, black and green (which could also lead to a cool new spirit hydra treasure card).

So a 600 point balance hit for example would give roughly 200 points for each school of the triad. Giving balance three times the flexibility of converting is offset by each convert having a built in resist ( for and for ). Would be a nice perk against storm and myth though.
That is redundant because there is a spell in the balance school that balance only players can learn that is similar to hydra. It's called chimera and it deals ,, and damage. I don't know when you get it, but I know it's there.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Sorry, but I completely disagree as to where you stand. The reason Balance has no convert is because no school is the opposite to it. This is what makes the Balance School so special.
Now, along to what you said before about the spells. I'll go over each one of them:
Yes, Spectral Blast may seem weak. But at level 26, it's not going to be a horrible spell. Look at it from this perspective. The Ice hit on Spectral Blast is 365. The Ice spell for level 26 is Blizzard, the range of hitting being between 250-290. You get the about Kraken hit (520-580) for the Storm hit (550). Yes, I know Kraken is level 22, but level 26 for Diviners is Windstorm, so the argument would be invalid. As for the Fire hit, it does 365. Now, while the level 26 spell is Wyldfire for Pyromancers, the level 22 spell is Meteor Strike, ranging from 305-345. Not so bad, now is it?
Hydra does a combined total of 570 damage. Yes, both Fire (Helephant with 625-705) and Storm (Stormzilla with 650-730) hit higher, because they are higher hitting schools. The Ice Schools range for Colossus is 500-580. Hydra is a good spell as well.
Now, as for Chimera, which I disagree the most with you. Overall, Chimera's average hit is 1,020. Doesn't look that way when all you see is a couple 340's being thrown around. Let me start off with Life, which Gnomes deals only 780-880. The Death's Dr. Von's Monster hits 820, period. Myth is the highest hitter of the three Spiritual schools, in which Basilisk does 325 + 825 in it's DoT. Total please! Total is 1,150.
As you can see, Balance is perfectly strong as it is. Having no convert, to me, almost strengthens the image of the Balance School.
I know some may try to fight me on this because of resistance that certain Balances have, and I do agree that a multi-spiritual attack was given late, however, there is always a way to go straight through it.
Best of luck!

~Shannon Skybreaker