Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fire level 98 spell, dot or no dot

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
so I posted this topic to ask one question.
Would you prefer fires next aoe spell to be a dot or to just do its damage.

I personally would prefer if it wasn't a dot as I am sick of having to wait for my enemies to die. also sometimes when it doesn't kill on the first hit other people will use an aoe as well instead of just targeting the boss or healing the team. and yes I understand that dots are fires thing but everyone gets spells that are a little different sometimes except for fire. so plz post what your thoughts are. and plz ki make our next aoe spell not a dot!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
with the new world we go to lvl 95. There is no lvl 98.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I agree, nearly all our spells are DoT, and it can be sickening. The 98 should have all it's damage done at once, but still have an after-effect (not DoT). The last time we had a non-DoT after effect for our spells was Efreet, which left a powerful weakness (or smokescreen?). But seriously, while ice is stealing pips, myth and storm are stunning, life is healing, death is stealing, and balance is having an array of extras, we're sloping around with a ton of DoTs. We need to get our game more current with the others in the next spell.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
omnidragonwizard on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
with the new world we go to lvl 95. There is no lvl 98.
yes I know that but there will be a level 98 spell with the second part of the world coming soon.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
For the most part DoT spells are the main reason I generally don't like questing or doing dungeons with fire. I think they definitely have too many DoT already. All the DoT make decent setup impossible.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Personally I think it would be alright either way so long as they stick to which one they pick. What I mean is, if they go DoT, it should be a true DoT. More like scald or fire elf and not like rain of fire(or dragon, as much as i love dragon), the initial damage should not be anyway near the amount that each tick does. That opening hit should be nothing more than a shield breaker and the DoT is where the actual damage should be. Or they could do something with pure damage with an added effect. I was thinking along the lines of an explosion based attack that could be either high damage with a stun or smokescreen effect or low damage with both stun and smokescreen. In addition I'd like to add on to the OP's original question, not only should it be DoT or not DoT but should they be single target or AoE?

P.S. New option I thought of when I was writing about adding on to the OP's question, what if instead of stun or smokescreen it would set up our field spells, so for it'd make a wyldfire.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2013
gweedoboy on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
so I posted this topic to ask one question.
Would you prefer fires next aoe spell to be a dot or to just do its damage.

I personally would prefer if it wasn't a dot as I am sick of having to wait for my enemies to die. also sometimes when it doesn't kill on the first hit other people will use an aoe as well instead of just targeting the boss or healing the team. and yes I understand that dots are fires thing but everyone gets spells that are a little different sometimes except for fire. so plz post what your thoughts are. and plz ki make our next aoe spell not a dot!
sorry fire is known for lingering spells this was made known when you made your fire student and I love the lingering spells and if you did not want lingering attacks then don't be a fire student

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
KeiraDD on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
sorry fire is known for lingering spells this was made known when you made your fire student and I love the lingering spells and if you did not want lingering attacks then don't be a fire student
I agree with KeiraDD if you don't want any lingering spells don't be fire

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure we pyromancers are well aware of our specialty in DoTs , but that doesn't mean we cant have some spells that aren't DoTs. And if it just had to be a dot I would like it if it work liked myth spells a little shield breaker damage followed by some good old wallops I get sick of the best of my damage getting blocked by a last minute shield.

Side note some after effects would be nice, like some shields for us or a fire trap on our enemy like the treasure card fire beetle or even maybe a nice all stun like our elemental cousins & .

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
We know Fire is known fr it's array of DoT's, which can be helpful, but that's not what we always get. We still get regular spells, but recently, we've been pushed into a pit of DoT's. The whole point of this topic is that we have the most DoTs, but recently too many. Once again, I pledge our next Fire spell hits all at once, and has a non-DoT after effect.