Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amazing yet simple spell idea!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I was just thinking, then cam up with this new spell.

(school) Prism Blade
Pips: 0
Effect: Changes (school) damage to (opposite school)
Accuracy: 100%

The whole point of this is to quicken Hit-All-Enemy spells, when the enemies are your school. Each school gets one (except balance, because it doesn't have an opposite) and it is just like a regular prism, except you only need one to effect it all at once rather than having to go Prism...Prism...Prism...Prism... and waste time. Basically, it's a prism accept in the form of a blade. Feedback accepted!

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Maybe, sounds like a simple idea. Kingsisle could probably whip it out really quickly

Explorer
May 17, 2010
we already have the Mass Prism spell which puts a prism on all the enemies at one time.
However, having a prism charm (which I seem to remember was mentioned somewhere at sometime in the W101 help or introduction or something) would have other interesting effects. Basically your spell would change earlier and therefore you could stack blades from the other school and the arena/bubble effect (and maybe aura?) would also be affected (either the other school adding now or your school no longer adding).

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
That is a great idea Soup.

KI already has a spell in place almost exactly like the one you described. A group wide prism spell available at level 70 from the NPC trainer "Cassie Ponycorn" in Avalon. The spell is called "Mass Prism" and is available to all Main schools except Balance.

The spell does cost 2 pips however, which is different than your idea, but is 100% accurate.
This spell is not in "blade" form, but casts a "trap" on each opposing member of your duel.

If any of this information is incorrect, I apologize for misleading you or anyone else who reads this.

Gabriel Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Sounds Like An Awesome Idea!!!!!!

Alex UnicornMender, Level 34

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:

(school) Prism Blade

The whole point of this is to quicken Hit-All-Enemy spells, when the enemies are your school. Each school gets one (except balance, because it doesn't have an opposite) and it is just like a regular prism, except you only need one to effect it all at once rather than having to go Prism...Prism...Prism...Prism... and waste time. Basically, it's a prism accept in the form of a blade. Feedback accepted!
I was thinking of posting this exact same ting for a while now. I could be really interesting. Would be a great way to get rid of those extra blades from Spirit/Elemental blades, especially if it would work on wand spells

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I like this idea, and think it would've been a much better spell than the "Mass Prisms".

Mass prisms (and regular ones) are still difficult to use with double-hits (Myth) and damage over time spells. A Prism Blade would have been a much better solution to convert spells that hit everything, because it would be beneficial for other spell types as well.

I don't know if KI would add it now that mass prisms have been in the game for so long, but I would love it if they did.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013

(school) Prism Blade

Probably would have to be 1 pip instead, otherwise it would be way too overpowered. But nice idea. :)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

(school) Prism Blade

I have a few things to say about this:
1. Use a mass prism!
2. KI would have to make a new quest.
3. As a sorcerer, I find it annoying when people talk about prisms. As we never even got a balance only blade, trap or shield. I have my own idea:

Elemental Prism - 0 pips, 100% accuracy, Turn 1 balance spell into either fire, ice or storm.
Spirit Prism - Same as Elemental, except instead of , & . It's , & .
Mass Elemental Prism - AoE version of Elemental Prism, costs 1 pip though.
Mass Spirit Prism - You get the idea.

And other schools have no right to complain about things like this, especially when KI has fixed it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
I have a few things to say about this:
1. Use a mass prism!
2. KI would have to make a new quest.
3. As a sorcerer, I find it annoying when people talk about prisms. As we never even got a balance only blade, trap or shield. I have my own idea:

Elemental Prism - 0 pips, 100% accuracy, Turn 1 balance spell into either fire, ice or storm.
Spirit Prism - Same as Elemental, except instead of , & . It's , & .
Mass Elemental Prism - AoE version of Elemental Prism, costs 1 pip though.
Mass Spirit Prism - You get the idea.

And other schools have no right to complain about things like this, especially when KI has fixed it.
1) There's benefits to both
2) No they wouldn't. Not every new spell deserves a quest, and with something this simple, it wouldnt need one
3) there is no oppositional school, so there's nothing to prism. Don't be mad that you have no opposite, isn't that one of the reasons you chose it in the first place?

I don't mind the random switching of spells, but then the problem will be, "it always changes it to the school they have resistance to" and then balance will want one prism for every school giving them an unfair advantage. This is one's of balance's downsides; no oppositional schools/damage, just like storm has a high fizzle rate, life's attacks are weak, etc etc etc

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
dayerider on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
1) There's benefits to both
2) No they wouldn't. Not every new spell deserves a quest, and with something this simple, it wouldnt need one
3) there is no oppositional school, so there's nothing to prism. Don't be mad that you have no opposite, isn't that one of the reasons you chose it in the first place?

I don't mind the random switching of spells, but then the problem will be, "it always changes it to the school they have resistance to" and then balance will want one prism for every school giving them an unfair advantage. This is one's of balance's downsides; no oppositional schools/damage, just like storm has a high fizzle rate, life's attacks are weak, etc etc etc
I chose to be a sorcerer because that is what I got from the quiz, unlike some people, I don't research every schools properties and choose my favourite. And it isn't an unfair advantage, other schools all got a 80% shield, 25%/30% trap, and some schools got a 40% blade. Let's compare it to balance:

80% vs. 0%
30% vs. 30%
40% vs. 25%

Now fairdoos on the trap, but, where is a 40% blade when I need it? And facing a balance boss, with the trap and blade as it should be, I could get about 70% more damage, which will cut the resist. But if the boss attacks me? I only have resist, and if I learned ice as my 2nd school (which I didn't) only a 50% resist as well, whereas others will have 80% resist for 0 training points. Besides, with my idea, it's completely random as to which prism you get. If you were fighting a fire boss and used an Elemental Prism, if you were lucky, you'd get an ice, it would be ok if you got storm, and you'd be unlucky if you got fire. But it would be completely random.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
I chose to be a sorcerer because that is what I got from the quiz, unlike some people, I don't research every schools properties and choose my favourite. And it isn't an unfair advantage, other schools all got a 80% shield, 25%/30% trap, and some schools got a 40% blade. Let's compare it to balance:

80% vs. 0%
30% vs. 30%
40% vs. 25%

Now fairdoos on the trap, but, where is a 40% blade when I need it? And facing a balance boss, with the trap and blade as it should be, I could get about 70% more damage, which will cut the resist. But if the boss attacks me? I only have resist, and if I learned ice as my 2nd school (which I didn't) only a 50% resist as well, whereas others will have 80% resist for 0 training points. Besides, with my idea, it's completely random as to which prism you get. If you were fighting a fire boss and used an Elemental Prism, if you were lucky, you'd get an ice, it would be ok if you got storm, and you'd be unlucky if you got fire. But it would be completely random.
Balance Shield: totally agreed, this should be available.

The problem with a prism is this, what is the opposite of balance? I'm not against the idea, but they'd have to create a whole new school that's opposite of balance in order to get you guys a Balance Prism. if they ever do an 8th school, I hope it's the opposite of balance so you guys can get this wanted spell. There's no SIMPLE solution to this. If balance has an oppositional school, we wouldnt even be talking about this because you guys would have the Prism.

You get TWO blade spells for free, that can stack, where other schools only get ONE. Yes, death and storm have two, but death's is more of a balance blade (because anybody can use it) and it also costs damage to get it, and storms is an x-pip (which is the anomaly). If we really wanted to do an honest comparison here, for those triple school attacks, you can use Balance Blade, Bladestorm and Elemental/Spirit Blades. This would give you quite a boost in power because the 2 universal blades stack for the whole spell and the Elemental/Spirit blades stack for the individual hits. If we factor in Sharpened Blade, you now have 6 Blade spells that you can use where most schools only have 2 (and it only cost you a training point to get them)

Keep in mind that you guys get spells from EVERY school, and have blades, for free, that cater to every school. Use one of the other school spells you have at your disposal and buff them with all those free blades you guys get.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:

80% vs. 0%
30% vs. 30%
40% vs. 25%

That isn't a complete comparison. Balance gets both elemental and spirit blades and traps for 0 training points. Balance can ONLY be resisted by that one 50% shield and you are complaining there isn't an 80%? How many schools can use power pips to do damage in another school without the use of a mastery amulet? And by the way some of us only have a 30% blade so the way I see it is:

80% vs. 0% (or 50%) - huge advantage for balance
30% vs. 30% - of course death has feint and fire has multiple traps, but balance has spirit and elemental traps so overall a wash I suppose
30%-40% vs. 25% - but balance also has spirit and elemental blades and bladestorm. Of course you might also complain death has dark pact and storm has supercharge, but those are rather 'special' cases.

So sorry, but I don't see it and besides, each school has different strengths.
In the end it is very simple, if you think your school is ripped off or disadvantaged or unfairly wronged then switch. Stop complaining about it and just switch to whichever school makes you happy. Or until you decide the grass isn't any greener.