Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hade's Gear Critical Spammers.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2012
Okay, so recently there was the Aquila update which came out with Hade's gear.
I remember when right before this update, you could go into Ranked PvP and use a good strategy that took a bit of skill to use, and that made it a lot more fun to play PvP, and work yourself up to warlord. But now, with this new Hade's gear update. EVERYONE is spamming Critical with it, seeing as it gives nearly 400 Critical. PvP Is really getting annoying now, because with nobody actually having any skill anymore, it's really repetitive and annoying. Please, Kingsisle Realize this was a mistake, and please remove that update.... or at least give us something to counteract that. Preferably, something with really high block that won't ruin our other stats such as Damage or Resist. Thank you.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I understand your pain. But now that the Hade's gear is out you either have to stick with it or get really good defensive-block gear (jade) and yes this is unfair to players who don't purchase crowns, but that is the way KI are heading in this game.

Also, if you want to up your block without losing any major things I suggest the tiki frost-stare torch as it is very helpful.

I hope I answered some of your questions,

Nathan AshBlood Promethean

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I really do agree because honestly I think this should of been for like 1 school like storm and the other schools should have received like block gears. Just my opinion

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
CrowBlood1 on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
I remember when right before this update, you could go into Ranked PvP and use a good strategy that took a bit of skill to use, and that made it a lot more fun to play PvP, and work yourself up to warlord. But now, with this new Hade's gear update. EVERYONE is spamming Critical with it, seeing as it gives nearly 400 Critical. PvP Is really getting annoying now, because with nobody actually having any skill anymore, it's really repetitive and annoying. Please, Kingsisle Realize this was a mistake, and please remove that update.... or at least give us something to counteract that. Preferably, something with really high block that won't ruin our other stats such as Damage or Resist. Thank you.
Well, To be honest there is no good strategy in turtling, and extremely defensive game play. This made matches faster and was a decent attempt to change the current meta.

It is possible to have over 360 block, 250 critical 50 resistance, 80 damage, 5% pierce, 40/20 healing on a balance wizard. That blocks the majority of critical spammers and it gets through.

This meta is not without strategy, its exactly the same as before except its not OHKO based. You notice more skill as you go up to warlord and less as you go towards private, as it always has been.

You're scared of spammers? the way you counter them is you build pips and shield / heal and form a decent attack back......

If they are going to nerf critical, they will have to counter balance it, and nerf defensive schools like ice. this is a complicated subject, because as a game you want tanks to be able to hold their own but not over power the attack schools.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
KOblivion on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
Well, To be honest there is no good strategy in turtling, and extremely defensive game play. This made matches faster and was a decent attempt to change the current meta.

It is possible to have over 360 block, 250 critical 50 resistance, 80 damage, 5% pierce, 40/20 healing on a balance wizard. That blocks the majority of critical spammers and it gets through.

This meta is not without strategy, its exactly the same as before except its not OHKO based. You notice more skill as you go up to warlord and less as you go towards private, as it always has been.

You're scared of spammers? the way you counter them is you build pips and shield / heal and form a decent attack back......

If they are going to nerf critical, they will have to counter balance it, and nerf defensive schools like ice. this is a complicated subject, because as a game you want tanks to be able to hold their own but not over power the attack schools.
lol, curious, What gear gives such amazingly balanced stats?

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
I actually find critical spammers to be quite easy to beat. Most of them have low block and shield very little if at all. So the idea is to not try to tank their hits but to join them in doing lots of damage by hitting them as well. Best thing to do is to keep your cool and think clearly about your next move and hit quickly and effectively. Critical spam is not an easy fight but if you have good block and resist like at least 40% resist and 180 block you should be ok.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Yea, listen it is about skill. You have to use your skills to beat dungeons, and beat bosses, and get the stuff to craft to be a better wizard. Its not all about the skill you know... its also what you wear and what wand you hold.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Jack Dragonshield on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to know as well; my balance could use some really good gear

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
KOblivion on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:

My level 90 balance is still wearing the boots and hat from waterworks and even if I crafted the gear from Azteca, it wouldn't give me near the stats you proclaim is easy for a balance wizard to get.

I don't know about the Hades gear since I haven't had any luck getting one to drop for me. Maybe there is some crown gear I'm not aware exists?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Don't forget that people with hades' gear do give up good stats for that critical including resist, block rating, and accuracy. I know that storm's with 500 critical is insane but you can use the hades' gear if you want too. Lots of people put a lot of time and effort into doing tartarus to get that gear. Luke Thunderflame lvl 90.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Malt22 on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
My level 90 balance is still wearing the boots and hat from waterworks and even if I crafted the gear from Azteca, it wouldn't give me near the stats you proclaim is easy for a balance wizard to get.

I don't know about the Hades gear since I haven't had any luck getting one to drop for me. Maybe there is some crown gear I'm not aware exists?
Its the best gear for balance, i am still farming for that gear and Aquila came out months ago.
If you want to farm for it, it is
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Hades%27_Helm_of_Justice
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Hades%27_Raiment_of_Justice
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Darkwraith%27s_Compelling_Boots_(Level_90%2B)
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Amulet_of_Divine_Influence
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Teeth_of_the_Lords_of_Night_(Level_90%2B)
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Blade_of_the_Felled_Titan
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Alpha_and_Omega_Ring
And a pet with Proof defy Fairy, Pain and 9% balance damage

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Jack Dragonshield on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
Those stats are not balanced in any way.....

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
I believe hades gear wasnt really meant for pvp it was meant for the next world that KI is probably discussing and with the looks of it it will be hard with the critical it gives and the stats in general i think they should fix it where you cant use it in pvp like the minions they brought out with the update i recently gave up high lvl pvp because of everyone i versed using hades gear I'm now just gonna low lvl pvp its way more easier

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
KOblivion on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Its the best gear for balance, i am still farming for that gear and Aquila came out months ago.
If you want to farm for it, it is
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Hades%27_Helm_of_Justice
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Hades%27_Raiment_of_Justice
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Darkwraith%27s_Compelling_Boots_(Level_90%2B)
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Amulet_of_Divine_Influence
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Teeth_of_the_Lords_of_Night_(Level_90%2B)
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Blade_of_the_Felled_Titan
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Alpha_and_Omega_Ring
And a pet with Proof defy Fairy, Pain and 9% balance damage
You see, the average PvPer, even the hardcore pvpers, do not have both the time and money for both of these. Getting the pet is tough enough, but the Amulet of Divine Influence? That thing is almost nonexistent for Pete's sake! Plus, the boots and the wand are crowns only.

The while yes, this is among the best PvP sets, it is not a reasonable goal. By the time you do achieve this, I'm sure level 100 (or 101? Spoilers KI? :P) will be out.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Jade gear was far too over powered so they brought out this new Aquila gear to counter it. But they over compensated way too much. PvP has gone from one extreme to the other instead of finding a balance somewhere in the middle. You cannot defend yourself against this, the only realistic way to beat this is to adopt the same strategy and kill your opponent before they kill you.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Rony The Turtle on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
You see, the average PvPer, even the hardcore pvpers, do not have both the time and money for both of these. Getting the pet is tough enough, but the Amulet of Divine Influence? That thing is almost nonexistent for Pete's sake! Plus, the boots and the wand are crowns only.

The while yes, this is among the best PvP sets, it is not a reasonable goal. By the time you do achieve this, I'm sure level 100 (or 101? Spoilers KI? :P) will be out.
Crowns only? Try offense. Defense has been crowns only for a long time.
But, you're not talking about the average PvP'er they don't walk around with 600 fire critical super glass cannon. If you want to go for block still, it wont be NEAR as effective there is the azteca crafted boots and a few dropped wands with 90 block.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
the divine amulet could help you all but its really hard to get.