Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Design Own House?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
It would be great to be able to design my own house. A Mooshu small house would look great in a tree-top setting, only have the house open on all four sides to have a 360° view of your island. Have different style walls, floors, roofs, etc., for sale or drop or craft? I'm sure others would have terrific ideas and it could really individualize your house.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
wolfww1217 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
It would be great to be able to design my own house. A Mooshu small house would look great in a tree-top setting, only have the house open on all four sides to have a 360° view of your island. Have different style walls, floors, roofs, etc., for sale or drop or craft? I'm sure others would have terrific ideas and it could really individualize your house.
That sounds awsome but i think there should also be a catagorie at a house shop for castle add ons like secret passage ways, mountains, and anything else that you coud think of.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think it could be really kewl if you were able to custom design your own property. Could you imagine having a central house, with wings on it where the extensions were from Mooshu and then off to the side is one of the fields from the Red barn house? This is just ONE instance, but the ideas are almost limitless! No, IF this were to be done, I think it should be craftable. Gold is too easy and crowns put it out of reach for many players.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Love this idea.

You are given a small limit like 5000 square feet, inside and outside, that's it. Design a house and lot surrounding it, keep the whole under the size limit.*** For housing scattered across various floating island bits, all islands plus their interiors must fit under the limit.

There's also a limit on physical decorations you can use, and number of different textures. Say 15 interior and 15 exterior decoration units total. 12 outdoor textures and 10 indoor textures.

You could divide the 15 outdoor decorations between trees, fences, flowers, shrubs, rockwork, statues, plowed fields, etc.

You could divide the indoor decorations between lamps, extra windows, chandeliers, banisters/railings, dividers/extra walls, interior beams/posts, and cabinetry/false doors.

Any texture or wallpaper in the game is fair to use, although bump-mapped textures like the grass, snow, and sand ones for outdoor texturing can only be used outdoors.

ONE particle effect or weather effect may be applied to the exterior, or to both exterior and interior. Swirling snow, dust motes/sun rays, flying sparks and flecks of lava, tornado winds, falling autumn leaves, trickling water, blowing sand, creeping fog, etc.

***I don't know how big this is in "game" space. Perhaps the inside of any given wizard tower in Ravenwood = 1000 square feet give or take. It should be about the same size as one of the smaller housing, e.g. red barn farm or playhouse.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
It could be a lot of fun crafting your own, individual retreat and, as seen from the replies, the possibilities would be endless, limited only by the imaginings of the builder (and the creativity of Wizard101 creators/animators to develop pre-built bits). I currently have the tranquil Mooshu cottage but I've done just about as much as I can to that; it would be nice to be able to put that in a tree or add an observation deck, etc.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i have seen a similar idea and such a thing would cost KI some money so here is pretty much what i posted to last one if people would buy this have kinda small or average room sized pieces (no matter what size they would all be same size indoor and out door) each piece costing 1000 crowns (maximum of 10 outside 10 inside minimum of 2 inside 1 outside) and there are some pieces (normal 1000 crown price) that have one side wall less and can be right big room piece KT or whatever could be connected to left big ZF big room piece and some pieces costing 1250 crowns having fake walls and stuff and maybe if this would sell they could even start having house pieces inside packs i know that's a lot of crowns but it will take some money to make it like that and trust me if even this happens it will be closest to making your own house