Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hybrid Pet Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I was hoping that one day we might be able to change the card on the school hybrid pets so they look like the spells they cast an example would be the Traveller(one eyed myth treant) at a cost of crowns or gold a npc could allow use to change the card it gives to satyr or legendary treant.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CrimsonInsect on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I was hoping that one day we might be able to change the card on the school hybrid pets so they look like the spells they cast an example would be the Traveller(one eyed myth treant) at a cost of crowns or gold a npc could allow use to change the card it gives to satyr or legendary treant.
I disagree... all pet talents are random and buying them (and KI won't do this for gold) would make the entire system unfair.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
RavenLady777 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
I disagree... all pet talents are random and buying them (and KI won't do this for gold) would make the entire system unfair.
Wrote nothing about buying talents

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CrimsonInsect on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Wrote nothing about buying talents
Indirectly you did in saying we could change the card, hence the talent, with crowns (or gold).

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
RavenLady777 on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Indirectly you did in saying we could change the card, hence the talent, with crowns (or gold).
Does the card that comes with the pet count as a talent?

Survivor
May 16, 2013
RavenLady777 on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
the card is not a talent. it does not take up a talent slot. so therefore, your argument is invalid

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Justin SwiftHammer on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
the card is not a talent. it does not take up a talent slot. so therefore, your argument is invalid
My opinion is hardly invalid. And I am not arguing, you are. I gave my opinion. That's what the message boards are for; to help and give opinions on ideas.

No, the cards do not count as a talent, but that does not negate my opinion on the matter. Nor does it negate 3 years of game play and having seen many, many changes take place that keep pushing the game into just the genre I mentioned - pay to win.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
The cards they give are specifically given because they are that type of pet, as in species, Changing the card wouldn't be a good thing to do because changing the appearance doesn't change the attack, it's the same.
If that wasn't the case they would of changed this a long time ago.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Their are spells that look exactly like some of the hybrid pets in the game already such as the oni no death spell but the death oni pet only gives helephant was just hoping this could be changed.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
ravenlady you always say that would be pay to win are you trying to stop kingsisle from getting money so they cannot fix bugs add worlds new spells dungeons and gear? besides it would be awesome if you hatched a gnome with the triton pet and got hybrid it would give a storm gnome card at baby (maybe even same lower damage and did dispel to next too storm spells) and so on

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
CrimsonInsect on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
When i read the title of this message i took it the wrong way. I thought you meant school pet hybrids, not just hybrids in general. I would agree with the school pet idea but not with other pets. I believe that pets like thunderbird should change the school of the spell from (in this case) fire to storm since the pet is now a storm based pet. And same would go for any other school hybrids. Granted, there would have to be 7 schools for just one spell, but i hatched a wyvern with my forest beast and got a forest wyvern. I would have liked it to have given a life version of the wyvern (because life doesnt get a dot until 88) for use in pvp to remove shields

lvl 90 and lvl 90

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
tdc69666 on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
When i read the title of this message i took it the wrong way. I thought you meant school pet hybrids, not just hybrids in general. I would agree with the school pet idea but not with other pets. I believe that pets like thunderbird should change the school of the spell from (in this case) fire to storm since the pet is now a storm based pet. And same would go for any other school hybrids. Granted, there would have to be 7 schools for just one spell, but i hatched a wyvern with my forest beast and got a forest wyvern. I would have liked it to have given a life version of the wyvern (because life doesnt get a dot until 88) for use in pvp to remove shields

lvl 90 and lvl 90
Yea i meant only the school pet hybrids a mistake on my part for not adding that.