Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death's Minion: Animate Explanation

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
I've heard some talk over Death's Animate spell being this and that and ultimately better in the hands of a Myth Wizard. May I clarify something about this spell?

If you look at every other school's minions, they all have a set minion spell that best represents their school...

Fire with a Fire Elemental.
Storm with a Storm Elemental.
Ice with a Colossus.
Life with a Sprite.
Myth with a Cyclops (closest Minion to the time Death get's animate).
Balance with a Mander.

Each of these guys can represent the school pretty well. It is apparent in this game that there are far more Death and Undead creatures than there are anything else. When I first got this spell, I understood it immediately. With Death you have so many more options. It is apparent to me that with the Death school, the Developers just couldn't decide on one Minion for the Death school (They've done this a second time in Pirate101 where one Companion promoted more times than any other because they really wanted every design to be featured into the game).

Since each school needed to have at least 1 'X' rank spell, why not cluster them into one spell? Death still only has one Minion, just a different one to summon each time. While it can take quite a number of pips to summon, Death's first generation Minions still remain the most powerful.

Since I've heard many players say Death needs a new 'X' spell that's "useful" and since KI has given everyone a new Minion with the release of Aquila, wouldn't be fitting that in another update everyone get a new 'X' rank spell? Some schools could get an 'X' rank single attack, others an 'X' rank AoE, and others an 'X' rank utility spell. My suggestion is as follows:

Fire: a new 'X' rank Debuff/AoE- They have Heckhound for single hit, and Backdraft for utility

Ice: a new 'X' rank single attack or AoE- They have Frozen and Ice Armor for utility

Storm: a new 'X' rank single attack- They have Tempest for AoE, and Supercharge for utility

Balance: a new 'X' rank utility- They have many AoE's and have recieve no new buffs as of Marleybone

Myth: a new 'X' rank AoE- Have pleaded for more AoE's and have plenty of 'X' rank utility Minions

Life: a new 'X' rank AoE- Have pleaded for more Damage and have Dryad for utility/healing

Death: a new 'X' rank AoE/Steal/Singe-attack/Utility- As a Death myself, anything in the attack or buffing areas would best benefit Death and it's school specialty

So that's my explantion for why Death has an X rank minion spell. The above are just my suggestions based off of what the current schools are lacking. Nothing mandated or a vandetta against any school.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
I dislike how myth wizards complain about having so little AOE's when us death wizards have 1 (Not including deer knight as most of us don't have it), We really need a new AOE, and a low pip one too.