Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Wizard Name

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Just a suggestion, but, what If we changed the name of the Ice wizard(Thaumaturge) to Cryomancer? I mean cryo involves cold. Just makes more sense

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Or do you mean Cyromancer? Because it would be a little strange if it had 'Cry' in it.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
No SoupWizard, I meant Cryomancer. Because a Cryomancer is a wizard of ice.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I actually looked this up, and apparently, Thaumaturge/Thaumaturgy means the ability to make miracles occur, or wonder-working. Pretty cool, huh?

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 67 Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I dont know... Then people would make fun of ice wizards because it has the word "cry " in it.

Nicole Blueleaf level 33,

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Nicole Blueleaf on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
I dont know... Then people would make fun of ice wizards because it has the word "cry " in it.

So? It's not like anyone should actually get offended by it if it were to happen. But the current name for ice wizards has absolutely NOTHING to do with ice.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
Nicole Blueleaf on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:

I agree many people would make fun of us ice.

Olivia DeathBlood level 65

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
it's also a lot easier to pronounce than Thaumaturge

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
rockstar1217816 on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
I agree many people would make fun of us ice.

Olivia DeathBlood level 65
i have an ice it would mostly be conjurers if i know this game and you can just tell them lydia didn't try to expel you :P

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I agree that it may not be the best name for the type of magic that is studied; however, I fear that it may be too late in the game to change that. I like the idea though.

~Shannon Skybreaker

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
IceLordReal on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
Just a suggestion, but, what If we changed the name of the Ice wizard(Thaumaturge) to Cryomancer? I mean cryo involves cold. Just makes more sense
i wish i can never spell thaumaturge right in game