Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Golden Chests!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
Well, there are Wooden Chests and Silver Chests, so it pretty much makes sense to add a Golden Chest into the game as a type of street chest. There is already a furniture item that's a Golden Chest, and Golden Chests are on Meowiarty's floor in Big Ben. Maybe if they were added, they should have only a 1% chance of spawning, and the game should be pretty difficult (hopefully more difficult than that incredibly easy pipe game with the Silver Chests), however the reward for beating the game and successfully opening the Golden Chest should be far greater than the reward from Wooden/Silver chests.

Thoughts on this idea?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Noah Earththistle on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Well, there are Wooden Chests and Silver Chests, so it pretty much makes sense to add a Golden Chest into the game as a type of street chest. There is already a furniture item that's a Golden Chest, and Golden Chests are on Meowiarty's floor in Big Ben. Maybe if they were added, they should have only a 1% chance of spawning, and the game should be pretty difficult (hopefully more difficult than that incredibly easy pipe game with the Silver Chests), however the reward for beating the game and successfully opening the Golden Chest should be far greater than the reward from Wooden/Silver chests.

Thoughts on this idea?
A very long time ago Professor Falmea posted a Feedback Friday about adding Golden Chests to the game and she asked what should be featured in the Golden Chests to open them. It's been a long time since KI has implemented it, but since Silver Chests can now be found all over the Spiral, they may be bringing them into the game next-next expansion update (the World update not the one coming up soon).

I think it would be fitting if in order to open a Golden Chest, you have to win 3 Rounds of Shock-a-Lock games. Each one getting more difficult than the last. It makes for "easy programing" (I don't know what's easy for a programmer and what's not) and minimal complications as opposed to adding a puzzle for the wizard to solve or a battle. A Pet Game could work, but I'm not comfortable with an out-of-Pet-Pavillion game yet.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I think it could work. But if it is a 1% spawn rate, I don't think it should have a game to beat with it. Think of all the wasted golden chests if someone loses. lol

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Not a bad idea but KI won't give you anything better than what's in the silver chest without crowns and as of late even when I beat the silver chest I don't get a reward

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

Thoughts on this idea?
To be honest I like wooden chests more than silverchests.

For wooden chest all you need to do is press x, silver chests you need to take a minute or so to do the puzzle. I don't have time for that, considering I probably was helping a friend, not hunting for chests.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

Thoughts on this idea?
you forgot there are wooden chest silver chests and golden chest housing decorations

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I like that idea (as well as the second post) but the spawn rate should be atleast 20% (or something like that) because 1% is way too low.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Good idea, but 1% spawning? Well anyways I have some of the game ideas for it.
  1. Mega Disruption: You have to play some of the w101 main theme on a grand piano while there's a lot of other person crowding you and other people playing annoying noises on other instruments
  2. Run away: Your player must run away from a water mole attack with booby traps, avoiding the water moles and booby traps
  3. Muter: You are a muter for this small game, and there are people doing good things and bad things around you in the commons. You need to mute the rule breakers and leave the others alone!
Hope you like the ideas.