Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is the best lvl 57 fire gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Hey guys, I am needing help on getting good armor for my pyromancer which is lvl 57. I'm an inate crafter.
I normally buy stuff from the bazaar. I am looking for fire critical.

Thank you if you can help me!!

Hunter, pyromancer (fire), lvl 57

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
wait till level 60 and get the waterworks set

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
nathan owlhaven on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
wait till level 60 and get the waterworks set
Exactly.

Then wear the waterworks gear all the way through Azteca, unless you are a crafter. There are some minor upgrades in Zafaria and Avalon if you like to craft. Even then, you will most likely still be wearing at least one piece of your waterworks gear at level 90.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Malt22 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Exactly.

Then wear the waterworks gear all the way through Azteca, unless you are a crafter. There are some minor upgrades in Zafaria and Avalon if you like to craft. Even then, you will most likely still be wearing at least one piece of your waterworks gear at level 90.
Ty, I thought there would of been more stuff which would of been better than that, at lvl 70 +. Like right now my fire helmet gives me 73 fire critical.

Hunter, pyromancer,lvl 57

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Hey, I just got my fire mage to level 61, if you don't want to wait until waterworks gear or if you have trouble getting a group or just getting the gear drops. there is a grandmaster craft-able set you can learn in Sudrilund of grizzleheim. I currently have the head and robe pieces of it and the stats are nearly identical to waterworks gear(most of the stats are the same with one or two being just a couple points lower) but the craft-able gear comes with item cards as an added bonus, the helm gives a 40% version of fireblade, the robes give a 35% version of fire trap, and the boots will give a 35% wyldfire. It will take a decent amount of money to make them, the only reagents i had a problem getting were the sunstone and black pearl, and it requires grandmaster crafting which means you'll have needed to complete the Celestia crafting quest. The craft-able gear pieces are, Blazing Chieftain's Helm, Chief's Garb of Flames, and Boots of Wyldfire, and they are available from Carax Strongthread in Sudrilund and they are level 56+ gear, and the waterworks gear is Firestarter's Hood, Cape, and Boots.

Matthew Boomspear - Lvl 61

Edit: As for what you said about expecting gear at 70+, you could try the posiedon dungeon in the new Aquila zone, I believe it is called Atlantea(spelling might be a tad off).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Honestly, the best gear for your L57 is the Wintertusk crafted gear. It's actually better than Waterworks in many many aspects except for resistance.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
BrynnerOfReign on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Honestly, the best gear for your L57 is the Wintertusk crafted gear. It's actually better than Waterworks in many many aspects except for resistance.
It's the same as waterworks except defense is lower so waterworks is better in pretty much every way

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
At level 57 the crafted gear from Wintertusk is the best, but since you are only an initiate you can't craft them yet. Have you got a wizard who has completed the Celestia crafting quest who can do it for you?
You've only got 3 levels to level 60 when you can get your Waterworks stuff so maybe just hang on till then.
Sierra, Transcendent

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
sierraisonfire on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
At level 57 the crafted gear from Wintertusk is the best, but since you are only an initiate you can't craft them yet. Have you got a wizard who has completed the Celestia crafting quest who can do it for you?
You've only got 3 levels to level 60 when you can get your Waterworks stuff so maybe just hang on till then.
Sierra, Transcendent
You make a good point. You only really need one crafting wizard in the "family" to craft gear for all your wizards. The only reason to level up another wizard in crafting is if you want to craft spells for that wizard. Also, I think there is a crafting quest in Celestia that gets you another training point.

Otherwise, you really just need one crafting wizard.

P.S. In case the OP didn't know, you can put reagents in your shared bank for your crafting wizard to use.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Malt22 on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
You make a good point. You only really need one crafting wizard in the "family" to craft gear for all your wizards. The only reason to level up another wizard in crafting is if you want to craft spells for that wizard. Also, I think there is a crafting quest in Celestia that gets you another training point.

Otherwise, you really just need one crafting wizard.

P.S. In case the OP didn't know, you can put reagents in your shared bank for your crafting wizard to use.
The OP? I assume you are using that to mean something other than overpowered lol

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
RaiTaebeck on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
The OP? I assume you are using that to mean something other than overpowered lol
Original Poster = the person who started the thread.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
sierraisonfire on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Sierra, Transcendent
Ok ty

Hunter,pyromancer,lvl 58