Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I didn't get it several times..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2012
So, last year or maybe a little longer than a year, I got 10,000 crowns and spent it all on hydra packs and didn't get the hydra mount. Today, I started with a little over 10,000 crowns and still didn't get the hydra mount. Now, I have 945 crowns left. I think I should have gotten the hydra by now, because some of my friends said they got it on their first try. I don't think I should have bought all those and not have gotten the hydra mount. What's going on with that? My friend said maybe I was glitched or bugged so I came here..

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Brittany RainbowRu... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
So, last year or maybe a little longer than a year, I got 10,000 crowns and spent it all on hydra packs and didn't get the hydra mount. Today, I started with a little over 10,000 crowns and still didn't get the hydra mount. Now, I have 945 crowns left. I think I should have gotten the hydra by now, because some of my friends said they got it on their first try. I don't think I should have bought all those and not have gotten the hydra mount. What's going on with that? My friend said maybe I was glitched or bugged so I came here..
Keep in mind that with this pack, or any for that matter, you "have a chance" to get the mount, there is no room for "if I throw enough money at this pack I will get that mount".

Lets look at it this way - if you only had to buy a certain amount of packs to get the mount KI would lose all the money on the packs from people who still didn't get one and return for more .

All we can learn from this experience is that, some people get stuff for less money then others and some people never get no matter how much money they spend.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you young wizard, I am just saying this is how it is. Most of the game is based around "chance to get" one way or another. We as players have to decide how much of this we can take and walk away from some things if it gets out of hand.

Survivor
May 03, 2012
I guess I will never get the mount then

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
It is all just random luck, or dumb luck as some would say. I got a Gold Wyvern mount in my first pack of Wyvern cards... I waned the orange/purple. $100 later.. still no mounts from Wyvern packs. I spent about $50 before landing the Nightmare mount, but got the Black Raven mount After around $15 spent. Usually, I do shoot for the mounts when buying packs, and yes I do feel a bit sad when I don't wind up sagging one... however, I love the armor and wands that these packs offer, so trying to get all the variants of each set is a good side project for when I don't get the mount.
For the record, I have spent about $30 on Hydra cards but no mount...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Brittany RainbowRu... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Hi, Brittany!

Unfortunately, no~ it's not a glitch. It's dumb luck, just like everything else in the game.

Your chances of getting rare items from the packs are very low, and your odds reset each time you buy a pack: that means that, if your odds of getting a mount are 1/100 (for example), buying 100 packs does not guarantee you will ever get a mount.

Last year, I got the hydra after 8 packs. Yet, for some reason, me and my blood-raven mount just aren't meant to be... Despite trying for almost 2 years (and buying Raven's Hoards in numbers too shameful to admit in public), I have never gotten one. But I will probably keep trying, because I bought Crowns when they were on sale and can afford to waste them right now.

These hoard-packs are the kid-friendly version of the lottery. Don't spend any more than you are comfortable losing.

-v.