Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Critical

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
I really want you to fix the system. I really don't understand how someone with 100 critical block can block some one with 560 critical. That really leaves people with questions. Plzzz answer when can

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The solution is very simple. Remove critical from the game.

560 critical is insane!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Umm just because someone has 550 or so critical It DOES NOT affect the harder it is to block. Critical is a CHANCE. The more critical rating you have the more likely you will critical. Same thing with block.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Stormgem307 on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Umm just because someone has 550 or so critical It DOES NOT affect the harder it is to block. Critical is a CHANCE. The more critical rating you have the more likely you will critical. Same thing with block.
I keep explaining this to people and no one seems to get it. They keep sticking to the idea that "Bigger number has to beat smaller number every time."

I think KI should take the initiative on this one and explain it to people more carefully. Frankly, it makes no sense to me to have a "Critical rating" and then see a percentage when you hover over it. Doesn't that make the critical rating redundant? Besides, people understand percentages.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Exactly! You divide it by 4 then that is the % you get, for example if you have 140 (fire) critical then your % is 35% (I used that as an example since that is my fire critical atm.

Hunter, pyromancer, lvl 57

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I always looked at critical hits and blocks like this:

The number, while vague, is only a chance to do one or the other. The two are not connected and a higher of one doesn't guarantee it to overpower the other.

See, but then I don't understand why Critical Block isnt just more resistance. I understand that critical hits do twice as much damage and all that, but if you had an actual resistance of 50% (not some vague 50%), then a critical hit would only do half damage to do. but then, I can think along weird lines sometimes (ok, many times lol)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
I always looked at critical hits and blocks like this:

The number, while vague, is only a chance to do one or the other. The two are not connected and a higher of one doesn't guarantee it to overpower the other.

See, but then I don't understand why Critical Block isnt just more resistance. I understand that critical hits do twice as much damage and all that, but if you had an actual resistance of 50% (not some vague 50%), then a critical hit would only do half damage to do. but then, I can think along weird lines sometimes (ok, many times lol)
many people try to get good resist and high block they don't like being damaged